What happens when future Hall of Famer Tyron Smith gets back?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tyler Smith is balling. Do they really want to move Tyler at that point? Put Tyron back to left tackle and Tyler at left guard? Or swing Tyron to the right tackle with Zack Martin?
I didn't think Tyler Smith was a strong this past week as the games before. He's still a work in progress. Like others have said, I suspect Tyler would more back to LG and Tyron would slide back in his LT role.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
You put Tyron at TS at LT and new TS at LG, and you improve your offensive line immediately.
I'm sorry brother, but I didn't understand what you just said.
You put Tyron at TS?

fivetwos

Reaction score
I must have heard it wrong. I thought he had a torn hamstring. If so he isn’t returning from that this season.

Also, maybe Jerrys proclamation that we would “have him for the San Francisco game (he is still sharp enough to correct his own senility),” was as ambitious as the Dak could return in two weeks thing. Selling his product.

In the end, I’m guesssing that if Tyler continues to play this well, Tyron’s injury will have ended up way worse than they ‘thought.’ Gee…whoulda thunk?

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
He will likely get his spot back and they will move the rook to LG. We need our best players on the field.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I wanted to move Tyler Smith to LG early on. But now I say just leave him there.

Play Tyron Smith at RT and we'll have a solid running attack.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Put Tyron at LG. Tyler is the present and future LT. And it’s not clear that Peters will be an every down elite LG for the entire season.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
I suspect Tyron Smith is done with football and will not return to the lineup. The man has had a rough go the past 3 years and has no need to jeopardize his future health.

ThatJerryKid

cowboys31
Reaction score
If Tyron comes back at all it will be late December for the playoffs. And if we’re in the playoff mix it’s probably because our OLine is playing well and we’re running the ball effectively. So, if we’re healthy, let Tyron be the swing tackle and don’t mess up what we got going on.

plasticman

Reaction score
Well, then, you move Peters to Center and Tyler Smith to LG.

Your starting 5 is then:

LT Tyron Smith future HOFer
LG Tyler Smith future HOFer?
C Jason Peters future HOFer
RG Zack Martin future HOFer
RT Terrence Steele undrafted free agent but what difference does it make at this point?

Yeah.......I know........never happen........I just thought it was kind of cool to think about.

Stak78

Reaction score
Everyone realizes he tore a hamstring off the bone and that bone broke too, right? I can’t see him coming back and getting into form this year. He’s done. Time for Tyron to retire and for the Cowboys to move on.

Acceptablename

Reaction score
Tyler Smith is balling. Do they really want to move Tyler at that point? Put Tyron back to left tackle and Tyler at left guard? Or swing Tyron to the right tackle with Zack Martin?
Smith returns as as mentor meritorious gladiator and if needed the stadium will roar Spaniard Spaniard

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
It seems some folks don't know Tyler Smith was a LT in college, not a guard. He's never played a game at guard in college or the NFL.

Yes, that was the plan for this season. But you don't switch him to guard in December because that was your plan in April. He's a tackle.