What has been the best team we've assembled the last 20 years?

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
2018, 2016, 2014, 2011, 2007? What say you?

While 2007 and 2016 went 13-3, I think 2014 was the best team. With Romo as the qb and DeMarco Murray running like a crazed machine, we were hard to beat. In fact, we didn't lose the playoff game that year. It was practically taken away from us.

Anyways, what do you think'?

The best team that won zilch?
What an desultory question, mack.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
The 2007 team was the pinnacle.

Parcells built it. All Phillips had to do was not guide the ship into a reef.

But poor Wade didn't figure on his QB going to Cabo.

I know people think that didn't matter, but it was a horrific optic.

Ah, Cabo.
Tony, Witten and Jessica.
Legend has it they added their IQs together that vacation and came out with 72.
Legend also has it that Witten's date asked if San Cabo was in Nebraska.

blumayne38

Reaction score
2014 was the year man dominated teams in TOP at unheard of numbers we practically had the ball for 45 min a game

mrmojo

Reaction score
2014 was the year I thought it all clicked for Romo. He had started to come into his own and started to trust the system, that he didnt have to win the games by himself. If he hadn't gotten hurt in 2015, I definitely think we could have gotten to a SB by now. Just wasnt in the cards, some players are just cursed.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
2018, 2016, 2014, 2011, 2007? What say you?

While 2007 and 2016 went 13-3, I think 2014 was the best team. With Romo as the qb and DeMarco Murray running like a crazed machine, we were hard to beat. In fact, we didn't lose the playoff game that year. It was practically taken away from us.

Anyways, what do you think'?

2014, If it wasn't for that Dez Catch/No Catch call, I think we would've made it to the NFC Championship game.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score

Elite QB, RB, and WR to go along with the best o-line we’ve had since the 90s.

Theres no doubt in my mind that if they dont reverse the Dez catch, we wouldve won it all that season

cowboyec

Reaction score

Theres no doubt in my mind that if they dont reverse the Dez catch, we wouldve won it all that season
Cowboys Congregation says....DAMN RIGHT!!!!!!.......and Amen.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score

I doubt we even win the GB game if they give dez the catch. Didnt see it that season.
Defense was no bueno.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Even if we made it to the sb in 07 we wouldve got screwed like the Seahawks did in the sb.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
I doubt we even win the GB game if they give dez the catch. Didnt see it that season.
Defense was no bueno.
If we score and get the 2pt conversion, we go up 3.

Rodgers is terrible bringing his team back in the 4th quarter when trailing vs winning teams. Hes like 1-38 in his career.

In fact at the time we played them, he hadnt won a single game that met that criteria.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
The road to the SB was paved in gold but the Giants got hot.....Win that game and you get Favre again at Texas Stadium where he’d never won, such a waste
FWIW, our 'Boys won three Super Bowls during Favre's career. :muttley:

Blackspider214

Reaction score
2007 ... last time I thought this team was going somewhere. They seemed pretty dominate in the regular season. Was the most well rounded team. Pretty one sided team every year besides that one.

Whose bright idea was it to start Barber that game when he was the change of pace back? That was idiotic. We turned into a slow, methodical, ball control offense that game. We changed our whole identity that game and the Giants capitalized. Barber was gassed by the 2nd half and was not as effective.

But we didn't finish that season that well. Lost 2 of our final 3. Didn't have a good final month. TO was injured. Even though he played, he was not what he is at full strength.

Also, 2008's team was just as good. It was pretty much the same team as 2007. Started off hot. But the Romo injury completely derailed the season. And had a terrible final month to finish the season. Starting with blowing that Steelers lead on the road.

Willfreedom909

Reaction score
If we’re being honest the 2016 team smacks the hell out of 2014. They’d dominate time of possession and stuff it down their throat.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
If we score and get the 2pt conversion, we go up 3.

Rodgers is terrible bringing his team back in the 4th quarter when trailing vs winning teams. Hes like 1-38 in his career.
He's done for awhile. All the whining he's been doing as of late & having McCarthy fired because he couldn't get along with him any longer. Rodgers own teammates are tossing him under the bus due to his attitude.

Then when a game is out of his reach, he lays down and cries hurt.
Only difference now, he has a green cushion. :lmao:
HXSJFrb.png

Last edited:

Daktozekecoop

Reaction score
Yes it does. 2014 was barely a top 5 offense with a bottom tier defense. Recipe for disaster in the playoffs
I loved the 2016 team. But it was well below the 2014 team. That 2014 offense was historic. Romo, Murray and Dez each had among the best seasons ever in the league, at their respective positions. And the Oline was stout. The defenses were comparable is all ways.