What hurt our defense this year

kskboys

Reaction score
I hope they don't try and re-sign him, I don't care if he'd play for free. It's time to move on and honestly he can take Clark with him
Clark is a backup/ST type. As per the norm, there are reasons why no one took him before we grabbed him in the 5th.

Some reporter needs to ask Jerry what lateral agility is. I would love to hear his answer.

Sheepherder

Reaction score
If Jimmy or Parcells were still coaching here, Lawrence wouldn't have gotten away with that remark.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LVE had a decent year prior and I think everyone was pretty hopeful he’d stay healthy. Losing him was obviously a major blow.

Losing Overshown was a blow.

Clark didn’t really elevate his play, that was a blow.

Harper definitely didn’t elevate his play, that was a blow.
Great post! Those 4 just killed us. What was the Cowboys response? Back fill with Safeties? Huh???

LVE needs to retire. Overshown and Clark will be back. At least 3 new LB's are needed. Bell back to Safety.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
LVE had a decent year prior and I think everyone was pretty hopeful he’d stay healthy. Losing him was obviously a major blow.

So we relied on a 200lb safety to fill gaps and stuff runs.

Yeah I’d say they poorly calculated the LB position this summer, right after they knew Overshown was gone, there should have been a better effort to get depth
Basically no LBs and the DL play was sub par. Freelancing DEs for personal glory and DTs inability to occupy blockers. Playing safeties for LB worked when we were ahead and pass rushing but not when teams could run against us.

Aven8

Reaction score
I hope they don't try and re-sign him, I don't care if he'd play for free. It's time to move on and honestly he can take Clark with him
He actually has a year left on his contract….

But I don’t think he try’s again. He was out since week 5.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Nope. They were too small. It's really no more complicated than that.

OK, think about the undersized positions on our D:

DE
DT
LB
LB
LB

That's 5 players who are undersized. That is a ton.
And that's your first line of defense. That's what needs to contain the runs, QB scrambles and get to the QB. It's like showing up with an army where your frontline is armed with water pistols while your opponent showed up with M16s.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
We continue to get dominated upfront by contending teams. We don’t have enough size and aren’t physical enough. The battle in the trenches continue to be a problem. Although we’re built to rush the passer, we didn’t have a single sack against GB.

kwcool619

Reaction score
Right they had no depth was a major problem. Then they used safties for backups which didn't make sense to me. Poor roster management is the how I see it.
Poor roster management and poor roster construction. See LA Lakers basketball.

shabazz

Reaction score

So we relied on a 200lb safety to fill gaps and stuff runs.

Yeah I’d say they poorly calculated the LB position this summer, right after they knew Overshown was gone, there should have been a better effort to get depth
Could of sure used Jabril Cox this season....

kwcool619

Reaction score
He was good his rookie year. The following year, he went down and never really got back. He was a risky pick by the Joneses if the truth be known.
LVE had a bad shoulder when he played at Boise State. Why does this FO pick defensive players who have a history of injuries? I don't understand.