What I don't miss about Tony Romo

Little Jr

Reaction score
Dak doesn't kill plays at the rate Romo did but he does it quite often. He also runs the clock down quite often. Part of controlling the clock.

GIFTS86

Reaction score
tumblr_mw50h0X5W91qcu3vno1_400.gif
Yeah as most threads here always do.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Losing, I hated losing down the stretch or losing against teams above .750 but it wasn't always on him.

2006 We weren't quite there yet.

2007 list of blame in order: Fasano, Crayton, TO, Defense, maybe Barber for getting tired or the o-line getting tired, Romo not so much.

2009 O-line got old and disintegrated.

2010-2013 Injuries and turnovers

2014 Mafia Refs

2015 Injuries and old age

Meh, I'm just happy we are winning again.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
The lack of running ability. Romo could move around in the pocket but he wasn't going to pick up those yards with his legs to move the chains when needed. That's why it's great finally having a QB that can make the defenses pay with his running ability.

Same thing at the goal line...that extra element makes the offense much more dangerous. When no one is open, Dak is fast enough to put his head down and get into the endzone

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Remember being tied with Peyton and the Broncos at something like 41 to 41 and Tony threw the pic
I really wish he could have stepped into that throw instead of stubbing his tow into the OL's foot. That was such a horrible way to end a game no one thought we had a chance of winning. Tony kept us in there until the end to his credit.

Frozen700

Reaction score
As much as I love Romo, he doesn't exactly have a superb postseason record. However, I do get what you mean though, in this situation you would feel more comfortable with a vet out there as opposed to a rookie in the playoffs.

I think Dak will continue to do in the playoffs what he's been doing during the regular season thus far. If the stories about him having ice in his veins are true, he will approach a playoff game like any other, rookie or not.

Yeah and that's part of the reason. I'm not to worried.

Don't get me wrong, I'm ready to move forward with Dak. Tony just has that experience, and we are so close this year to the ship, so I guess I can understand Jerry's back and forth