What I don't miss about Tony Romo

Pokes12

Reaction score
I am a Tony Romo fan. I have been a Romosexual for many years. I think he is a special talent. And his is a warrior. He has proven that over and over. Having said that, there are things that I do not miss about Tony.

Kill, Kill, Kill
Pointing pointlessly at the defense
Changing the plays that are called in by the Offensive Coordinator
Letting the clock run down to 1 second every down, at least the ones where the penalty flag flew because the time ran out
Untimely interceptions. There are so many reminders of Tony playing great but ultimately losing the game by throwing the untimely (or timely for the defense) interception. Remember being tied with Peyton and the Broncos at something like 41 to 41 and Tony threw the pic, a pic I predicted he would throw.

Love Dak for not doing any of the above.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I missed it last year.

They said during the offseason that one of their goals was to not make the offense so entirely Romo dependent.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
[QUOTE="Pokes12, post: 7046208, member: 8779"]I am a Tony Romo fan. I have been a Romosexual for many years. I think he is a special talent. And his is a warrior. He has proven that over and over. Having said that, there are things that I do not miss about Tony.

Kill, Kill, Kill
Pointing pointlessly at the defense
Changing the plays that are called in by the Offensive Coordinator
Letting the clock run down to 1 second every down, at least the ones where the penalty flag flew because the time ran out
Untimely interceptions. There are so many reminders of Tony playing great but ultimately losing the game by throwing the untimely (or timely for the defense) interception. Remember being tied with Peyton and the Broncos at something like 41 to 41 and Tony threw the pic, a pic I predicted he would throw.

Love Dak for not doing any of the above.[/QUOTE]

Riiight :rolleyes:

J_Allen

Reaction score
Whenever he said kill,kill, kill it seemed 9 out of 10 times a run followed.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Having said that, there are things that I do not miss about Tony.

Kill, Kill, Kill - Dak has done that
Pointing pointlessly at the defense - He's pointing out the Mike linebacker. It's not pointless, because he's adjusting the protection. Dak and T-Fred both do it. More T-Fred this year, because he makes the line calls.
Changing the plays that are called in by the Offensive Coordinator - Dak does that too and gets praised for it.
That's not defending Romo. Every QB in the league does these things that you don't miss about Romo. To add, as a QB gets more experienced, audibling and changing calls at the line is expected.

:laugh: at the things we find to nitpick.. 10 days is TOO long between games.

Last edited:

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
I am a Tony Romo fan. I have been a Romosexual for many years. I think he is a special talent. And his is a warrior. He has proven that over and over. Having said that, there are things that I do not miss about Tony

Dont you think you are selling Tony , a bit short ? Wee bit ??? You seem ,to forget the 2014 season ...

Come on , I miss his crisp passes . His magical elusiveness, ( as JJ W found out ) , well he was a bit gambler took his chances and had interceptions ...

Hoping Dak will evolve as a better passer ( I admire his cerebral capacity )

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score

Except that he does do much of what you mention. He does change the play at the line at times.

Pointlessly pointing at the defense? I'm sure he's pointing out who the Mike is usually. Not really pointless.

Running the clock down to almost nothing is intentional, in order for him to do whatever he does before the play (analyzing the defense, whatever).

J_Allen

Reaction score
Except that he does do much of what you mention. He does change the play at the line at times.

Pointlessly pointing at the defense? I'm sure he's pointing out who the Mike is usually. Not really pointless.

54 is the Mike!

Frozen700

Reaction score
I love Dak, I was thinking today that with this team we can def win the Superbowl, but I feel we also have a greater chance with Romo.

Not that I want to mess it up with Dak, just from an experience standpoint. I'd feel more comfortable with Romo in the playoffs.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak praised for audibling and pointing..http://presnapreads.com/2016/09/29/dak-prescott-deserves-more-respect-after-week-3-performance/
For a fourth-round pick who had played in just two games, Prescott’s acumen diagnosing defenses and altering his offense to take advantage of what the defense is doing was spectacular in this game. He repeatedly identified linebackers to anchor the protection off or directed his running back to the right spot. He even executed full-blown audibles, communicating with all 10 of his teammates through hand signals while aggressively calling out a different play.

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score
I love Dak, I was thinking today that with this team we can def win the Superbowl, but I feel we also have a greater chance with Romo.

Not that I want to mess it up with Dak, just from an experience standpoint. I'd feel more comfortable with Romo in the playoffs.
As much as I love Romo, he doesn't exactly have a superb postseason record. However, I do get what you mean though, in this situation you would feel more comfortable with a vet out there as opposed to a rookie in the playoffs.

I think Dak will continue to do in the playoffs what he's been doing during the regular season thus far. If the stories about him having ice in his veins are true, he will approach a playoff game like any other, rookie or not.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
Incoming!
tumblr_mw50h0X5W91qcu3vno1_400.gif