CFZ What I saw on Monday is what I want to see more from Dak

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree he looked more fluid and aggressive moving - he's not a pocket passer and it's time to stop trying to make him one.

Let him slide around, rollout, draw and have some designed runs maybe as options...got to get him comfortable doing what is most natural
How come we been asking for it but only just now done?

Bing

Reaction score
Only one issue with Dak running the way he did. It's a guarantee he will get hurt sooner than later and miss games because of it. As bad as I want to see Dak gone I dont wish an injury on any player.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Only one issue with Dak running the way he did. It's a guarantee he will get hurt sooner than later and miss games because of it. As bad as I want to see Dak gone I dont wish an injury on any player.
What do you mean "running the way he did"?

Like running untouched for the wide open TD....you don;t want him running that?

Aside: He's gonna have to run and take a tackle or so...he has to run smart and get down. He's a QB that has always had success moving around. So do that.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score

I think Dak is a capable runner, and he's allowed to slide.

conner01

Reaction score
What do you mean "running the way he did"?

Like running untouched for the wide open TD....you don;t want him running that?

Aside: He's gonna have to run and take a tackle or so...he has to run smart and get down. He's a QB that has always had success moving around. So do that.
Right now he’s on pace for his most runs in a season but it’s a long ways to go. One things that’s really hurting us is drops because we’ve had 14 drops as a team. That’s a lot of drops in 4 games. His on target pct is 84 which is highest of his career. His bad throw pct is 10 which is lowest of his career. He needs to keep running if things breaks down because you can get injured in the pocket too. Don’t try running over people but get positive yards and go down or out of bounds

conner01

Reaction score
Smart teams play zone against dak. :D
That’s the case with most good QB’s but that’s why we need more motion because it allows you unchecked off the line and puts multiple recievers in a zone which can create confusion

Shane612

Reaction score
Who came up with with Texas Coast Offense?
What's the difference between TCO vs WCO?
Is TCO really a thing?

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
That’s the case with most good QB’s but that’s why we need more motion because it allows you unchecked off the line and puts multiple recievers in a zone which can create confusion
Mike has made the offense basic because that's what he thinks our guy can handle. I assume Mine might think motion would cause more issues for him too. /shrugs, it is what it is.

Ken

Reaction score
Mike has made the offense basic because that's what he thinks our guy can handle. I assume Mine might think motion would cause more issues for him too. /shrugs, it is what it is.
You came up with this analysis yourself to reinforce the ridiculous narrative that Dak is dumb, right?

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
You came up with this analysis yourself to reinforce the ridiculous narrative that Dak is dumb, right?
Navigating the world of sports, passionate fans like Ken often find their emotions affected by the opinions of others, especially when it comes to discussions about prominent figures like dak. It is essential for individuals like Ken to remember that differing opinions on whether dak is the best quarterback in the NFL are bound to exist, as fans maintain their own benchmarks for evaluating talent. Sports debates can become quite heated, but it's crucial not to let these discussions cloud one's enjoyment of the game or impact personal feelings. A healthy perspective involves acknowledging points of divergence while cherishing shared enthusiasm for the sport, ultimately making diverse viewpoints an enriching rather than detrimental part of the sporting world.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
What I saw on Monday is what I want to see more from Dak. I was hard on him last week. The reason is because I credit players when they deserve credit, and I saddle them with blame when it's warranted. This week, Dak gets a lot of credit from me for his play.

Specifically, I am glad that he FINALLY started using his legs more. This is what he needs to do more. This is where he's at his best. He's solid enough in the pocket. However, if defences have to fear his running ability, that can open up more passing lanes, which means that's one less WR that's covered. I would love it if McCarthy, during this bye week, would incorporate this more into the offense.

For those of you that say, "well Rusty, then that diminishes his QB skill", most QBs do this now. Lamar, Hurts, Mahomes, Zach Wilson, and just about any other QB nowadays has to be able to scramble and pickup yards with his feet. Dak is no different. I understand he had the unfortunate leg injury in 2020, but I think he's far enough removed from that to where Mike McCarthy should have more confidence in his ability. Especially after how well Dak was able to use his legs against the Chargers. His running and throwing ability, when used together, are when I think he can be one of the better QBs in the league. In other words, take the kid gloves off Dak when it comes to scrambling. Let him scramble when he sees fit. It will make the offense more dynamic.

You mean, you want to see more from McCarthy. It was an away game, and lots of Cowboys fans in the house, so we ran more motions. We were lucky. Usually, in stadiums like Az and the 9er's stadium, it's super loud, and they tend to run less motion in noisy stadiums. If you're betting, you should consider that when accounting for points, a lot of the time, I think.

=======
And, to address a separate poster, nobody wants to see Dak gone. Anyone with a brain knows Rush may be better in a few situations when there's a lot of media pressure, and potential fan lash back. you could maybe argue Rush is a better option. But the vast majority of the time, you'd rather have Dak. That goes with QBs since Aikman. But everyone has off games.

Ken

Reaction score
Navigating the world of sports, passionate fans like Ken often find their emotions affected by the opinions of others, especially when it comes to discussions about prominent figures like dak. It is essential for individuals like Ken to remember that differing opinions on whether dak is the best quarterback in the NFL are bound to exist, as fans maintain their own benchmarks for evaluating talent. Sports debates can become quite heated, but it's crucial not to let these discussions cloud one's enjoyment of the game or impact personal feelings. A healthy perspective involves acknowledging points of divergence while cherishing shared enthusiasm for the sport, ultimately making diverse viewpoints an enriching rather than detrimental part of the sporting world.
Cute response.

You think he is dumb with no evidence.

Just own it.