What I think Jerry Jones and Garrett are planning

Gabe

Reaction score
Just some random thoughts, some of you im sure will disagree who have followed the Cowboys longer. Anyway, Jerry Jones AND Garrett won't commit to Dak even though it is what 80-90% of the fans want. I think they want him to believe he has a shot at the starting job so he continues playing out of this world.

The ENTIRE time, both of these guys have one goal in mind and that is to get Romo a ring. They will continue misleading Dak just to make it to where Romo has to do VERY little work to try to complete this goal. The moment Dak has a bad game down the stretch, in goes Romo.

Now don't get me wrong, I kinda like Dak's statement where he doesn't care who is playing as long as the Cowboys win. While I prefer Dak play, I can go along with this as well as I would be thrilled to see the Cowboys win it all this year.

Anyway, just some random thoughts. Do you guys think this is off base?

I say this still thinking Dak is our only chance to go all the way this year. Why else will they not announce Dak the starter when literally almost everyone wants this?

Last edited:

Gabe

Reaction score
I guess the one downside they risk in this plan is the more Dak wins, man oh man fans are going to be ticked off if Romo comes in and blows it. Ticked off in epic proportions. Had so many folks at work this week say "I swear if they take Dak out at this point...."

roughneck266

Reaction score
No offense, but what exactly makes you think they have told him anything other than this is Tony's team. That is the last I heard Dak say about it.

Gabe

Reaction score
No offense, but what exactly makes you think they have told him anything other than this is Tony's team. That is the last I heard Dak say about it.
You have a point, but you can tell Dak still is under the impression he can win the starting job so to speak. When asked point blank, he says it is "not his call to make"... Not a "Tony is coming back in when healthy" response.

I talk to a lot of lifelong, die hard Cowboy fans regularly... After Sunday, literally none of them want Romo back.

CowboyMike

Stay Thirsty, My Friends
Reaction score
You have a point, but you can tell Dak still is under the impression he can win the starting job so to speak. When asked point blank, he says it is "not his call to make"... Not a "Tony is coming back in when healthy" response.

I talk to a lot of lifelong, die hard Cowboy fans regularly... After Sunday, literally none of them want Romo back.

Life long, die hard Cowboys fan here.

I want Romo back.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Just some random thoughts, some of you im sure will disagree who have followed the Cowboys longer. Anyway, Jerry Jones AND Garrett won't commit to Dak even though it is what 80-90% of the fans want. I think they want him to believe he has a shot at the starting job so he continues playing out of this world.

The ENTIRE time, both of these guys have one goal in mind and that is to get Romo a ring. They will continue misleading Dak just to make it to where Romo has to do VERY little work to try to complete this goal. The moment Dak has a bad game down the stretch, in goes Romo.

Now don't get me wrong, I kinda like Dak's statement where he doesn't care who is playing as long as the Cowboys win. While I prefer Dak play, I can go along with this as well as I would be thrilled to see the Cowboys win it all this year.

Anyway, just some random thoughts. Do you guys think this is off base?

I say this still thinking Dak is our only chance to go all the way this year. Why else will they not announce Dak the starter when literally almost everyone wants this?

So I'll play along.

What if that game is a play-off game and lose and go home?

Gabe

Reaction score
So I'll play along.

What if that game is a play-off game and lose and go home?
My thoughts are it will happen later in the season. Like anytime after week 8. They can't or won't wait that long obviously. ;)

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
My thoughts are it will happen later in the season. Like anytime after week 8. They can't or won't wait that long obviously. ;)

What if Dak runs the regular season table? Just hypothetically speaking, of course.

When do you pull a guy that keeps winning? When do you bring in a guy who hasn't played but a few downs in the pre-season and chance disrupting the chemistry? Because anyone who thinks the chemistry will immediately be there with a switch doesn't understand the point of pre-season.

Gabe

Reaction score
What if Dak runs the regular season table? Just hypothetically speaking, of course.

When do you pull a guy that keeps winning? When do you bring in a guy who hasn't played but a few downs in the pre-season and chance disrupting the chemistry? Because anyone who thinks the chemistry will immediately be there with a switch doesn't understand the point of pre-season.
That would be his only chance to keep the starting job. One loss and I think it is back to Romo... Provided he is ready to go, which I think he already is or they would have put him on IR earlier in the year.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
That would be his only chance to keep the starting job. One loss and I think it is back to Romo... Provided he is ready to go, which I think he already is or they would have put him on IR earlier in the year.

Garrett said something yesterday about Romo not practicing this week or next. That rules out the Eagles. We'll see if he practices the week of the Browns. But I do not believe they put him in without a solid couple of weeks taking snaps in practice, because you can't not allow Dak to get snaps in the event something happened to Romo in practice.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

When did Osweiler get pulled in favor of an aging Manning. I didn't really follow, this last year,are there any similarities?

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
When did Osweiler get pulled in favor of an aging Manning. I didn't really follow, this last year,are there any similarities?

Not certain I know that answer. I'm sure someone around here does.

Aven8

Reaction score
As I've stated numerous times on here Romo will be needed this year. But not yet. Dak beats Philly and you can forget it for a while. And this is coming from a fan that his now 8 year old son had a professional portrait made with a Romo onsie and a football!

yimyammer

Reaction score

Payton took over in the second half of the last game of the year vs San Diego