What I Would Do This Offseason If I Was In Charge At VR

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
For the record, WPB (and I do apologize for pulling your thread into a light-hearted ditch, by the way), Harbaugh's definitely a great coach with a proven track record much better than Jason Garrett's. I do question (significantly) his ability to play nicely with Jerry. And by Jerry, I really mean 'anyone.' He's one of those guys who will burn his way through an organization the way Jimmy did. You get 4-5 years of impact, and then a burning bridge on the way out of town.

That said, he's a QB guru and a great motivator. The only problem with your plan is that he's definitely not available.

Who on here wouldnt take a 4-5 yr burning thru this organization for some results we havent seen in 20 yrs? Yea sure Id rather have a Landryesque 20 yrs of winning, but I sure enjoyed what Jimmy did here while burning his way thru. Id gladly take it again and then try to recover from it. Especially since Im burned out on Garrett and dont see anything Landryesque on the horizon.

But thats just me.

BTW, it wouldnt have to be Harbaugh, but he was the type we should get IMO.

You dont think he has a way to move back to the NFL if te opportunity was there?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

Rob-Ryan-Naked-Santa-Meet_The_Matts.jpg

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
You forgetting the 3 years before that, 8-8, 8-8, 8-8?

Many of us we're hoping last year showed some things to be positive about. Instead, this year shows the ineptness and that 12-4 was fools gold.

1 winning season in 5 yrs and 1 playoff win in 5 yrs, well, seems rather dumb to be happy or satisfied with that . . . .

Well you're going to have to live with JG as coach for at least another year. I think he'll go down as a great Cowboy coach.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
The issue is you base everything off of last years results. The anti-Garrett crowd looks at the full body of his work. One year looks to be an anomaly when you look at the big picture.

You are missing the point. Where were your rants to get rid of him last year? There were none.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
Well you're going to have to live with JG as coach for at least another year. I think he'll go down as a great Cowboy coach.

Sadly I think you're right we have to live with him. A great Cowboy coach? Many of us hoped for that when he got the job and were excited about the potential. 5 yrs into the process and all but a few stubborn hanger's on have faced reality and know its time to move on.

dfense

Reaction score
Jason?

And a new scheme would be a bad thing? One where receivers get open like they do on 31 other teams?

BTW, its not an overreaction. Watching Red for 5 years and thinking another coach would be a good idea is anything but an overreaction.

"Red's" offensive philosophy has been ranked 7th, 7th, 6th. 16th and 7th since 2010. Not counting this year for obvious reasons. In 2011 Romo almost threw for 5000 yards. I don't think it's a philosophical reason that receivers aren't "getting open". If you watch some tape, It's not that the bus can't go fast, but the driver can't drive.

Dez doesn't usually throw a hissy because he's covered.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Sadly I think you're right we have to live with him. A great Cowboy coach? Many of us hoped for that when he got the job and were excited about the potential. 5 yrs into the process and all but a few stubborn hanger's on have faced reality and know its time to move on.

I'm not one of them yet. Changing coaches means changing everything. That would set the team back a couple of years learning a new offense, defense and special teams.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I'm...speechless.

And soon, apparently, sightless. Now, where'd I put that bottle of bleach?

Just add a little more zip to your eggnog and you'll be fine.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
I'm not one of them yet. Changing coaches means changing everything. That would set the team back a couple of years learning a new offense, defense and special teams.

Im not buying a couple years set back. Doesnt seem like the Jets are set back with a new coach. 49ers werent set back with Harbaugh. A setback isnt automatic when in actuality an advancement is just as possible.

cml750

Reaction score
You are missing the point. Where were your rants to get rid of him last year? There were none.

I have been "ranting" to get rid of him since the first 8 - 8 season when his game / clock management mistakes cost us at least two games and a shot at the playoffs. His next two 8 - 8 season caused me to "rant" even more because in those two seasons he made the exact same mistakes causing us to lose at least two games a season with game / clock management mistakes and thus to miss the playoffs. Now last season, no I did not complain as much because we won but I always thought it was fools gold due to the pattern he had established in his first three seasons. The fact that he does little for this team has NEVER been more evident than this season.