What I Would Do This Offseason If I Was In Charge At VR

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
You know who'd also make a great next coach for the Cowboys? Santa. But I think he already has another job, too.

Psh. He put a red-nosed rookie at the most important position on his sleigh... I mean, yeah it panned out, but I question his decision making.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
Changing the coaching staff for the sake of change is not a good idea. A new coach will want to implement in his own scheme.

Jason?

And a new scheme would be a bad thing? One where receivers get open like they do on 31 other teams?

BTW, its not an overreaction. Watching Red for 5 years and thinking another coach would be a good idea is anything but an overreaction.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
This season is more on the GM than it is the coaching staff. Jason Garret did not let Murray walk. Jason Garret did not want Brandon Weeden or Matt Cassel.

Things go well, its all in spite of Jerry and credit Red with overcoming.

Things go bad, and its all on Jerry and Red is absolved, free and clear.

What makes you think Red didnt have anything at all to do with Weedeater or Cassel being here? Hasnt it been Red that has changed the culture and the player acquisition here as he's begun the build of something great?

cml750

Reaction score
You know who'd also make a great next coach for the Cowboys? Santa. But I think he already has another job, too.

He only works one day a year. Surely he has time to moonlight. The elves do all the work the other 364 days.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He only works one day a year. Surely he has time to moonlight. The elves do all the work the other 364 days.

The thing I don't like about Santa, is that he just stands around and claps while the elves do all the work.

281a1780d3ac3d96928f4cc80e99072f.jpg

The flip side, he used to be a Ginger, so guys like REDVOLUTION and Redball Express can keep their usernames.

visionary

Reaction score
I dont care about green pants or silver pants but I care about the red headed coach. I clean house and bring in a coach that can make a short term difference and give this team the best chance at winning it all while we still have Romo. Im thinking short term and thinking we have enough talent already and combined with what we get in the draft we can be a team that can win it all with the right coach. Im not stuck on one guy, but I would bring in Jim Harbaugh if it was possible. I would do whatever it took to hire him. He has proven he can make a difference when he comes in and takes over a new team. He's done it in college and in the NFL, even with a krappy QB like Krapernick. With Romo, I have no doubt Harbaugh would get everything out of this team that can be gotten. And with that, I would have no complaints.

Unfortunately the guy making decisions at VR is a maniac with no football acumen who can't see beyond his nose

It will be more clap, clap, spit for the next couple of years

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

He made a terrible head coach and he does have another job as the defensive coordinator in Denver.

cml750

Reaction score
The thing I don't like about Santa, is that he just stands around and claps while the elves do all the work.

281a1780d3ac3d96928f4cc80e99072f.jpg

The flip side, he used to be a Ginger, so guys like REDVOLUTION and Redball Express can keep their usernames.

ROTFLMAO!!!!!! :laugh::lmao::lmao2:Now that may be the funniest post I have seen all year. I literally hurt my side laughing!!!

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I dont care about green pants or silver pants but I care about the red headed coach. I clean house and bring in a coach that can make a short term difference and give this team the best chance at winning it all while we still have Romo. Im thinking short term and thinking we have enough talent already and combined with what we get in the draft we can be a team that can win it all with the right coach. Im not stuck on one guy, but I would bring in Jim Harbaugh if it was possible. I would do whatever it took to hire him. He has proven he can make a difference when he comes in and takes over a new team. He's done it in college and in the NFL, even with a krappy QB like Krapernick. With Romo, I have no doubt Harbaugh would get everything out of this team that can be gotten. And with that, I would have no complaints.

Glad you aren't. Cowboys would be doomed forever.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well thank you for acknowledging it that may be a first. :) You can tell you're in good spirits with Christmas approaching. lol

Too much egg-nog. I'm getting a bit loopy.

I could also have accepted a good Rob Ryan joke there, for the record. Full points for the direction you took it, though.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yea for sure. It would ruin a great 20 yr run of success . . . . . . . . . . . oh, and whats being built here now under Red

For the record, WPB (and I do apologize for pulling your thread into a light-hearted ditch, by the way), Harbaugh's definitely a great coach with a proven track record much better than Jason Garrett's. I do question (significantly) his ability to play nicely with Jerry. And by Jerry, I really mean 'anyone.' He's one of those guys who will burn his way through an organization the way Jimmy did. You get 4-5 years of impact, and then a burning bridge on the way out of town.

That said, he's a QB guru and a great motivator. The only problem with your plan is that he's definitely not available.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
I don't remember the rants against JG last year. Guess you were just dumb.

You forgetting the 3 years before that, 8-8, 8-8, 8-8?

Many of us we're hoping last year showed some things to be positive about. Instead, this year shows the ineptness and that 12-4 was fools gold.

1 winning season in 5 yrs and 1 playoff win in 5 yrs, well, seems rather dumb to be happy or satisfied with that . . . .

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Too much egg-nog. I'm getting a bit loopy.

I could also have accepted a good Rob Ryan joke there, for the record. Full points for the direction you took it, though.

Keep drinking that egg nog. lol Rob Ryan is more of an evil Santa his cheeks aren't rosy enough nor is his disposition. There's something about an angry Santa spewing expletives that isn't very Christmasy.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Keep drinking that egg nog. lol Rob Ryan is more of an evil Santa his cheeks aren't rosy enough nor is his disposition. There's something about an angry Santa spewing expletives that isn't very Christmasy.

Krampus.