What I would offer to Seahawks for Earl Thomas

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
If Thomas continues to play like an All-Pro, giving up a 2nd round pick is a bargain. He could put this team over the top on defense. It's not just about how he plays. Like Sean Lee, Earl Thomas gets other players in the right position pre-snap. He has instincts comparable to Lee. In my opinion, no one the Cowboys might pick next year in the 2nd round can compare to what Thomas brings to the team.
Well of course a rookie won't but they might develop into that, not only that but a 2nd round rookie would be on a cheap deal and has the chance to be in the league many years. Thomas on the other hand is on the down side of his career. If you trade for him you have to give him an extension and that will run at least 10 million a year and you're not sure if he makes it after that. I would love to have Earl but you're not trading for the Earl from a couple years ago

T-RO

Reaction score
Seattle isn't going to agree to those kind of conditions.

Injuries happen. We could lose Dak, Zeke, and DLaw in the first game. That's just football.

Seattle has 1 year of rights on a 29-year old safety. AND that player has extreme contract expectations. Some of you seriously over-estimate the trade value here.

I offer no more than three and a four in the following draft. And I walk away if it costs more than that. See about it this off-season when he’s a free agent.