What if both Corners are taken?

Croomraider

Reaction score
Could be they favor a LB, DT, or DE over the first two CBs. I’d imagine this could also be based on mcclay liking what they see for corner at 44.

Sydla

Reaction score
I don't think Parsons is in play at 10 under any circumstance. Collins is their #1 LB. It was been reported by multiple insiders that the Cowboys are divided on which corner to take. It's very possible they view Horn higher than Surtain. Do believe they take a Tackle if their corner targets are off the board, unless a trade is too good to refuse. They are blinking light prospects and the value drops off the cliff after the top 12.

I wouldn't be so confident on Collins being their #1 guy at LB. It was reported that the Jones liked him but the report also said that it was the Jones boys and not necessarily the scouts that were bullish on Collins. Factor in Quinn here who seemingly wants to get smaller and quicker at LB. Hence they they are taking a SS in Neal and trying him at WILL. Collins is a 270 lb beast.

Not saying he's not a good player but he might not be the type of LB Quinn wants. It would not surprise me if Quinn and some of the defensive coaches preferred someone like JOK over Collins.

Sydla

Reaction score
Could be they favor a LB, DT, or DE over the first two CBs. I’d imagine this could also be based on mcclay liking what they see for corner at 44.

The problem is that other than maybe Parsons, there probably isn't a DT, DE or another LB worth the 10 pick. Phillips has skill at DE but his injury history is likely to make a few teams shy.

Croomraider

Reaction score
The problem is that other than maybe Parsons, there probably isn't a DT, DE or another LB worth the 10 pick. Phillips has skill at DE but his injury history is likely to make a few teams shy.
I agree, Parsons is the only one who will most likely have 5-10 years as a Pro-Bowler and be completely dominate, which is interesting why Cowboys have no connection to Parsons. Maybe they do and it's a smoke screen.

cowboyec

Reaction score
then i'm hopin it's micah parsons,lb-penn st or nwestern ot rashawn slater.
but it likely would be michigan de kwity paye.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I didnt see many mocks that both Corners are taken before we pick but there is talk that the Panthers would love to grab Horn.

Than theres a chance the Broncos could also take a CB. Its one of their biggest needs. Lions too (well they need basically everything).

What would we do in that scenario? It likely means that one of the tackles Slater or Sewell is available and theres a chance that LB Parsons is on the board too.

I personally would trade down with a QB needy teams if theres still one of the projected Top QBs on the board.

I think if they trade down they will target Trevon Moehrig S or Zaven Collins LB.

Hopefully, the Patriots are on line one.

Western

Reaction score
A better, a more valuable, a more impactful player than either Surtain/Horn, will fall to Dallas for either a selection, or a trade down --that's win.

Creeper

Reaction score
On ESPN they had a reporters draft and I was shocked to see that Carolina drafted Farley. The Carolina reporter seemed confident that the Panthers loved Farley and were ok with his back. I think it was a trade back scenario with the Patriots because Fields fell all the way to 15. They could not make any trades in this mock draft scenario. Maybe the Cowboys would do the same thing if Surtain/Horne were taken before 10. As I said before Farley’s back injury was the worst thing that could have happened to the Cowboys for this draft.

This does not shock me. Farley was rated as the top CB in this class before the back surgery so depending on the medical reports he could still be the top on some team's boards. I have read the doctor who did the surgery described it as minor and said he will make a full recovery. I am certain teams have all the x-rays and other medical data to make an informed decision. I can absolutely see some team make him a surprise pick.

Creeper

Reaction score
I didnt see many mocks that both Corners are taken before we pick but there is talk that the Panthers would love to grab Horn.

Than theres a chance the Broncos could also take a CB. Its one of their biggest needs. Lions too (well they need basically everything).

What would we do in that scenario? It likely means that one of the tackles Slater or Sewell is available and theres a chance that LB Parsons is on the board too.

I personally would trade down with a QB needy teams if theres still one of the projected Top QBs on the board.

I think if they trade down they will target Trevon Moehrig S or Zaven Collins LB.

If Surtain and Horn are gone, then it is a certainty that Slater and a QB will bill be there. They can take Slater or trade down. There will be CBs available at 44, or they can trade up from 44 to take one they really like.

I would be fine with Slater in this scenario, but it depends on what they do in the next 2 rounds. They absolutely need CBs. My gut tells me they will take OL at some point anyway so if they go CB, then OL, or OL, then CB, there is little difference. I am intrigued by an OL of Tryon Smith, Slater, Biadasz, Martin and Collins. Or they can move Collins inside and Slater to RT, although I think Slater at LG might be better in the short term.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I wouldn't be so confident on Collins being their #1 guy at LB. It was reported that the Jones liked him but the report also said that it was the Jones boys and not necessarily the scouts that were bullish on Collins. Factor in Quinn here who seemingly wants to get smaller and quicker at LB. Hence they they are taking a SS in Neal and trying him at WILL. Collins is a 270 lb beast.

Not saying he's not a good player but he might not be the type of LB Quinn wants. It would not surprise me if Quinn and some of the defensive coaches preferred someone like JOK over Collins.
I have heard nothing linking with Parsons or JOK with the Cowboys, but the other 3 have in Collins, Davis and Bolton.

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score

I’d go o- line if they’re gone.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The chances of that happening are VERY slim. The pick will be one of the two at 10.

817Gill

Reaction score
7/8 picks are in play, but one pick to most likely for a team wanting a QB. One corner will likely be there at 10 at the worst. If not, then we either have Sewell or Slater fall into their laps, both would be excellent selections.
Simple

Flamma

Reaction score
If Surtain and Horn aren't there at 10, then the draft will look something like this.

1. QB Lawrence
2. QB Wilson
3. QB Jones
4. TE Pitts
5. OT Sewell
6. WR Chase
7. WR Smith
8. CB Horn
9. CB Surtain

Sewell is not going to be there at 10. Dallas has to either trade back or draft OT Slater. But keep in mind with a situation like this there are two of the top 5 QBs still on the board. A trade back with Chicago would be ideal.

Pick up Barmore or Moehrig, then trade back up into the first round to pick up the other with what Chicago gave up. If possible. Then pick up a decent CB at 44. IMO that's better than Slater and the corner at 44.

cheyennes

Reaction score
if we cant get a trade down, are we take a wr or Moehrig / Barmore at 10?

Croomraider

Reaction score
If Surtain and Horn aren't there at 10, then the draft will look something like this.

1. QB Lawrence
2. QB Wilson
3. QB Jones
4. TE Pitts
5. OT Sewell
6. WR Chase
7. WR Smith
8. CB Horn
9. CB Surtain

Panthers played their card. They are going QB. I think Denver could take a corner but they could go any direction, even QB.
Good chance both CB's are on the board. The real shocker could be if bengals, dolphins go defense. Then the
elite wideouts will be on the board also.

DBOY3141

Reaction score
Panthers played their card. They are going QB. I think Denver could take a corner but they could go any direction, even QB.
Good chance both CB's are on the board. The real shocker could be if bengals, dolphins go defense. Then the
elite wideouts will be on the board also.
Then why would Carolina trade for Darnold. Just keep Teddy (they are already paying most of his salary for him to play in Denver). I think Carolina goes Horn.

cowboyec

Reaction score
slater or paye.
but i think one of those cb's will be there at 10.