What If Dinucci balls out?

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
If Nooch plays well he should start rest of season, or as long as starting isn't actually ruining him aka David Carr. Only reason I wouldn't want him starting going forward would be permanently imprinting the sound of foot steps in his head.

More likely scenario is he has trouble recognizing and reading defenses and needs to go back to the bench and learn while Dalton finishes off the season.

Remember coaches don't have any tapes on him. Hell, even Eagles DC said this week he had to bring his scouts for info (lol). But like any QB, give defensive coor some reel and full offseason, they'll find his weaknesses.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Said every Romo fan when Dak won his first game in 2016. You best believe if Ben were to miraculously play lights out make the playoffs and win 2 games then Dak is without a doubt in jeopardy of not being needed. Will that happen...no it won't but there is always a way Ben becomes the starter of the Dallas Cowboys for years to come. The likely hood is not very likely tho.
According to NFL history, a 7th round QB has a slightly less than 3% chance of ever being an NFL starter. So...sure there’s a chance. No disrespect to the Nooch, but it is more likely that it snows in Dallas on the 4th of July than him leading the Cowboys to not only make the playoffs, but win a couple of playoff games. But as Jim Carrey said in “Dumb and Dumber”, “So you’re saying there’s a chance”, lol.

ThatJerryKid

cowboys31
Reaction score
What if Dinucci balls lights out tonight and we win 41-38? Does Big Mike start him again next week?

What would happen if Dinucci went on a Dak Rookie like run? I’m not a dreamer, and don’t believe this will happen. I’m just asking for the sake of entertainment on an otherwise depressing football Sunday.
Then we trade him in the offseason for a high draft pick to help rebuild this defense. Dak is our starter for the next 10 years.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
He throws a pretty ball. I'm not smart enough to know if it's arm strength or technique but it seems the ball flies out of his hand using min effort.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Remember coaches don't have any tapes on him. Hell, even Eagles DC said this week he had to bring his scouts for info (lol). But like any QB, give defensive coor some reel and full offseason, they'll find his weaknesses.
One prediction I feel comfortable making, and I rarely make those- the Nooch is going to see an exotic blitz over a dozen times today. If he’s got his hot reads down, maybe he can make them pay a few times, but if he’s like most rookie QBs, (even the first rounders) NFL DCs are going to throw all kinds of stuff at a kid like this...and with a patchwork OL...it could get ugly.

QBs, even the great ones, don’t win on just athletic ability. The ability to read defenses, coverage types and to be careful with the ball are the part of the game at this level that makes a lot of guys with great ability struggle. It’s why all starting QBs get overpaid in this league. It’s the hardest position to find lasting, dependable talent, and it’s not even close.

Creeper

Reaction score
I was just thinking this morning, what if I won the lottery? Anyway, DiNucci is not going to ball out against the Eagles. The chances of that are about the same as my 2011 Jeep turning into a Ferrari. I like DiNucci a lot as a rookie, but considering this season and how unprepared he must be the best outcome we could ask for is that he survives the entire game.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
we don't re-sign dalton and have a better QB2.
ipso-fatso...solved.
I’ve never been a fan of the high priced backup. I believe in drafting mid to late round QBs as your backup (assuming you have a good starter like we do) and if they develop somewhat, turn that into a trade. Or if they are better than your starter, you have a new, cheaper starter. The Cowboys have had many high priced backups over the years in the cap era, and what has that done for us?

I like it when we draft a QB in any round. You never know what that could turn into. Now they bombed with Stephen McGee in 2009, but that was just a stupid pick to begin with. McGee was not even a full time starter his last year at A&M and was drafted purely on his measureables. He never did much in college anyway. But Dak as a 4th rounder was a bargain, and maybe the Nooch will become a decent backup or have good trade value.

cowboyec

Reaction score
I’ve never been a fan of the high priced backup. I believe in drafting mid to late round QBs as your backup (assuming you have a good starter like we do) and if they develop somewhat, turn that into a trade. Or if they are better than your starter, you have a new, cheaper starter. The Cowboys have had many high priced backups over the years in the cap era, and what has that done for us?

I like it when we draft a QB in any round. You never know what that could turn into. Now they bombed with Stephen McGee in 2009, but that was just a stupid pick to begin with. McGee was not even a full time starter his last year at A&M and was drafted purely on his measureables. He never did much in college anyway. But Dak as a 4th rounder was a bargain, and maybe the Nooch will become a decent backup or have good trade value.
agreed.
under mccarthy....i hope we take a QB every year or every other year....or as udfa...for what you said.
and if they fail...so what....do'er again next year.
can never have enough linemen.
can never have enough CBs and LBs.
and always...ALWAYS...keep developing QBs.

reddyuta

Reaction score
you know terrance Steele is still our Tackle right? dude has trouble getting out of his stance before the DE gets by him.

cowboyec

Reaction score
you know terrance Steele is still our Tackle right? dude has trouble getting out of his stance before the DE gets by him.
for an udfa...kid is fightn' his *** off.
kids gonna be a good'n.
he's strugglin' now...but we'll be the better for it down the line.
he'll be good depth.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I believe DiNucci will play so well over the next 10 years that they will actually remove Roger Staubach from the HOF.

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I'm not saying it will...but if that happens and you have your QB for the next 4 years on a 7th round deal...the Jones will find a way to screw it up.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
It means nothing unless the networks want to put more Cowboys games in prime time. That is how the Joneses role.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
What if Dinucci balls lights out tonight and we win 41-38? Does Big Mike start him again next week?

What would happen if Dinucci went on a Dak Rookie like run? I’m not a dreamer, and don’t believe this will happen. I’m just asking for the sake of entertainment on an otherwise depressing football Sunday.
There will be quite a few mad “fans” in here. That would mess up their whole high draft pick strategy.

I would be happy for the kid and the team

fivetwos

Reaction score
I believe DiNucci will play so well over the next 10 years that they will actually remove Roger Staubach from the HOF.
I clicked on this thread with the intent of posting something obnoxiously absurd, yet quite true.

I cant top this and wont try. Nice job.

We got Bennie who you got??