What If Jerry would've waited another week?

tsumma

Reaction score
We could of had an awesome coach in Marty, wow this sucks and marty is free and were stuck with wade

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
We got the better deal in Wade Phillips.....he made Marty what he is or at least that is what the management believes in SD. Because, Wade and Cameron left the Chargers, their manangement believes Marty will be lost, therefore the fired him.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
tsumma;1375713 said:
We could of had an awesome coach in Marty, wow this sucks and marty is free and were stuck with wade

yeah those coaches with 5-13 playoff records are huge losses

David

cowboyed

Reaction score
We can what if this and other coaching hires to death. What's the point, you can't forecast unexpected or irrational moves.

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
I think I would rather have Wade unless I could have had Marty as head coach and Wade as DC.

superpunk

Reaction score
dbair1967;1375723 said:

David
That's a slightly better percentage than our current head coach. Either way, that's irrelevant as to what they will do in the future. It wouldn't have made sense to wait, but I definitely wouldn't have minded Marty. Trouble is, we wouldn't have gotten Wade then, so where would the defensive help come from? MArty's had success with strong D coordinators like WAde and Lewis. I think we did the best thing possible, even with Marty being let go.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
tsumma;1375713 said:
Yikes.

Thank you Jerry?

TheProphet

Benched
Reaction score
Too bad JJ didn't know last week that Marty would have became available this week. While Marty's postseaon record 0f 5-13 is certainly piss poor, it certainly is better than Wade's 0-3 postseason record. In addition, Marty has at least proven he can win at the head coaching position on a consistant basis, something Wade is still trying to accomplish.
If given the choice between Norval, Wade, and Marty the decision would have been a no-brainer as to which way to go.
Thoughts?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Schottenheimer is a good coach but I'm happy with the selection Dallas made in Phillips. I still think he is the right guy for this job.

TheProphet

Benched
Reaction score
dbair1967;1375723 said:

David

Yeah the 0-3 postseason record Wade brings with him is certainly something for us to get excited about.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Doomsday101;1375778 said:
Schottenheimer is a good coach but I'm happy with the selection Dallas made in Phillips. I still think he is the right guy for this job.
So do I.

Is anyone listening to the hope and excitement being expressed by our defensive players?

Holy cow.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
TheProphet;1375781 said:
Yeah the 0-3 postseason record Wade brings with him is certainly something for us to get excited about.

obviously he hasnt had as many chances...do you honestly think Phillips would be 5-13 too?...and at least one of Phillip's losses can be written off as a fluke

Schottenheimer is a bad postseason coach, period.

David

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Hostile;1375782 said:
So do I.

Is anyone listening to the hope and excitement being expressed by our defensive players?

Holy cow.

It is not just the defensive players. As Wade say on offense he wants to get his top guys involved and has shown this in the past with guys like Moulds. His personality also may be just what the doctor order in dealing with TO. Before people run over Phillips they may want to give this guy a chance to show what he can do with this team

baj1dallas

Reaction score
Hostile;1375782 said:
So do I.

Holy cow.

Nah, it doesn't fit into my anti Phillips, anti Jerry agenda.:bang2:

superpunk

Reaction score
Hostile;1375782 said:
So do I.

Holy cow.

It would be the same with any defensive minded coach, no doubt. New beginnings are always exciting.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Jerry was already getting blasted for waiting as long as he did and some think he should have waited another week?

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If jerry waited another week many on the board would have flipped....

Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together - mass hysteria.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;1375801 said:
If jerry waited another week many on the board would have flipped....

Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together - mass hysteria.

That appears to be normal behavior for some. :lmao2: