What If Jerry would've waited another week?

tunahelper

Reaction score
Marty is a great coach, however Wade's expertise in the Phillips 34 will help us the most now.

bayarealightning

Reaction score
Yeagermeister;1376269 said:
Yeah I love how Marty and AJ Smith's disagreement became Jerry's fault. lol
That is not what I said. The rift was already there. However, because the in-house candidates were hired away (Miami, Dallas, S.F., and Cleveland), the reason to bring back Marty was because of continuity. A.J. wanted Cotrell because he is familiar with Wade's 3-4 defense. Marty wanted to bring in his brother. I was speaking about the timing of hiring Wade. If the Chargers could have kept some continuity with the coaching staff, we would not be having this conversation.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
it's funny, since if we waited, Wade would've probably been named the successor to Marty in SD

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
tsumma;1375713 said:
We could of had an awesome coach in Marty, wow this sucks and marty is free and were stuck with wade
:puke:
YOu gotta be kidding me!

superpunk

Reaction score
Marty gives great pep-talks. He's fiery. Just look at the guy. You can tell he's working it.

schottenheimer0810_38303.jpg

AbeBeta

Reaction score
What if we waited?

There would be even less steam in the "Bill screwed us by waiting 2 weeks to retire!!!!!" argument.

and Norv would end up our HC because Wade would be the HC in SD.

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Ay Ay Ay~! just the thought of that goofball in Dallas makes me want to attend an AA meeting. Schotty is a cornball(those players MUST laugh their arses off whenever he gets "fiery") and he never could get his guys over-the-top. He's a decent coach, but not a championship coach, and San Diego's 14-2 record can be attributed to it's top-level OC/DC coaches and the fact that Marty butted out of those processes altogether.

Thank goodness that Jerry didn't wait!

rysko

Reaction score
who wants marty ball isnt that all san diego complained about