What if Meyer walks away?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What would you think then?

Would it be a big deal with you or not?

Would you be happy because you didn't want the guy in the first place?

Would you be saddened that they missed out on the best candidate?

For me, if all of this smoke doesn't materialize in his hiring I will be extremely disappointed and resigned to the fact that Jerry Jones would not make the needed concessions and loosening of his death grip.

Despite the joy of Garrett being gone, I will worry about just more of the same with a new name rather than actual change in this team.

What say you all?

Kaiser

Reaction score
I don't know if its Meyer, but I'm certain its a big name and something the front office has been working on for a long time. By the time the season ends Jerry will have all the financial and control issues worked out on a handshake deal, so the formal announcement/signing will go quick.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
It would be sad but my number one guy, for the long run, has been David Shaw. That could happen.

My expectations are real low so as long as Garrett is gone I will feel a little better. It’s been 10 years plus his OC days. Time to tie that off.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score

For me, if all of this smoke doesn't materialize in his hiring I will be extremely disappointed and resigned to the fact that Jerry Jones would not make the needed concessions and loosening of his death grip.

Despite the joy of Garrett being gone, I will worry about just more of the same with a new name rather than actual change in this team.

What say you all?
Even with him expressing interest in coming to Dallas he's still not a shoe in to be hired.................with Jerry always wanting to be the smartest guy in the room he's more apt to hire someone nobody's ever heard of to keep trying to prove he's a football wizard.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

What say you all?

Agree.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Even with him expressing interest in coming to Dallas he's still not a shoe in to be hired.................with Jerry always wanting to be the smartest guy in the room he's more apt to hire someone nobody's ever heard of to keep trying to prove he's a football wizard.

Therein lies my worst fear.
:omg:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't know if its Meyer, but I'm certain its a big name and something the front office has been working on for a long time. By the time the season ends Jerry will have all the financial and control issues worked out on a handshake deal, so the formal announcement/signing will go quick.

Is there another 'name' for you that would ease your concerns?

The only two outside of Meyer that I would feel good about are Belichick and Payton, and I don't think they could get either one.

MikeB80

Reaction score
it would be great.

He and his spread offense should go coach in college where he belongs.

Reaction score
Meyer would be a great hire. But he's not the only good candidate. There are others.
My disappointment would be if Jerry hired guys like:

Mike McCarthy
Jeff Fisher
Lovie Smith
Mike Holmgren

Old guard retreads need not apply.

I'm looking for hope. Meyer would give me hope. And a few others would give me hope. But I listed a few guys (and there are others) who would give me NO hope whatsoever.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Meyer would be a great hire. But he's not the only good candidate. There are others.

Mike McCarthy
Jeff Fisher
Lovie Smith
Mike Holmgren

I'm looking for hope. Meyer would give me hope. And a few others would give me hope. But I listed a few guys (and there are others) who would give me NO hope whatsoever.

Add Cowher to that list of no hope guys.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
it would be great.

He and his spread offense should go coach in college where he belongs.

source.gif

ShiningStar

Reaction score
I see the Garrett fans being happy, because they dont want to return to our winning ways.

I personally wont care, i dont see anyone coming in and saying to Jerry "we are going to install a winning culture" Jerry fired 2 super bowl winning coaches, he will not stand winning standards here. Tho to be really fair, i dont see Meyer having success NOR leaving the college gig, they have become Gods and its not worth leaving, ask the Rutgers coach.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Mike McCarthy
Jeff Fisher
Lovie Smith
Mike Holmgren

So who else would?
:huh:

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I see the Garrett fans being happy, because they dont want to return to our winning ways.

I personally wont care, i dont see anyone coming in and saying to Jerry "we are going to install a winning culture" Jerry fired 2 super bowl winning coaches, he will not stand winning standards here. Tho to be really fair, i dont see Meyer having success NOR leaving the college gig, they have become Gods and its not worth leaving, ask the Rutgers coach.

Actually he fired 3 SB winning coaches. :laugh:

ShiningStar

Reaction score

Mike McCarthy
Jeff Fisher
Lovie Smith
Mike Holmgren

Dan Campbell has a "no hope" feel to me

jsb357

Reaction score
does a Dan Reeves and walks after 24 hours?

awesome...