CFZ What if: No kicker on game day

Silverstar

Reaction score
Speaking of kickers does anyone know why they cut Chris Naggar?

I believe he was cut after first day of minicamp...but why?

fredp22

Reaction score
What if the Cowboys didn't carry a kicker?
- Either go for it on 4th or punt.
- 2 point conversions after TDs.
- Punter that can kick off.

Statistics indicate that teams would come out ahead in the long run with this approach.
- A high school coach made headlines a few years ago for always going for it on 4th down.
- Not sure if that was literally always, or if it was restricted to being on the favorable side of the 50 yard line.

A failed field goal is place at the spot of the kick.
- That's ~8 yards behind the line.

With the method I listed, they have the option to punt.
- If they are so close that punting into the endzone does not gain much, then failing by going for it does not lose much.

I think defenses and D-Coordinators would have that an offense always has 4 downs to convert.
- Envision all of the times the Cowboys made a big stop on 3rd down, then the opponent converted on 4th.
- I always want to opponent to punt in those situations.

dont agree
what happens with

1)1st and goal at the 1. Holding call, rb dropped behind the line, qb sack, incomplete passes so its now 4th and 27 from the 27
2) u have a blocked punt-punter injured
3) u trail by 2 with 0:15 left in game . Complete pass and receiver knocked out on their 16 with.:02 left
4) again u trail by 2 with seconds left with ball in your territory. You work quick outs your time outs to get to their 35 with less than 3 seconds

Pass2Run

Reaction score
The Japanese guy doesn't have much leg. His longest was 58, but he's probably better than what we've got.

I'm a little disappointed Garibay didn't get the nod. When I heard him talk, all he was talking about was staying focused and what not. Everything you want to hear a kicker say.

Then, he just hasn't even shown up. Not sure what the deal is. But he doesn't seem like an NFL kicker.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
This guy is available.

Younghoe Koo.

Here's another video. Same as the other guy from Japan, but this guy is from Korea. His kicks aren't long. But he can hit from 55 or or so.

Looks accurate.

Here's his story.

And..

Last edited:

Pass2Run

Reaction score
My bad. I just saw Sato's unofficial 65-yarder.

I think Koo is also an interesting prospect.

Let's see those two compete.

Would be much better than what we have.

And we still have time for a competition.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Why doesn't the team delete the QB position from the team and save that money to find an RB that can also throw passes? The capital plenitude alone would make this idea popular with the Cap Space Scourges on this site.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
My bad. I just saw Sato's unofficial 65-yarder.

I think Koo is also an interesting prospect.

Let's see those two compete.

Would be much better than what we have.

And we still have time for a competition.

Exactly, and, well, I think Sato would make a nice prospect for us. He can't be worse than what we have, and he's got the ability to do all the kicking.

zerofill

Reaction score
Why doesn't the team delete the QB position from the team and save that money to find an RB that can also throw passes? The capital plenitude alone would make this idea popular with the Cap Space Scourges on this site.

They said Parson's want to play QB, and receiver too haha. So we already have someone.

DanA

Reaction score
What if the Cowboys didn't carry a kicker?
- Either go for it on 4th or punt.
- 2 point conversions after TDs.
- Punter that can kick off.

Statistics indicate that teams would come out ahead in the long run with this approach.
- A high school coach made headlines a few years ago for always going for it on 4th down.
- Not sure if that was literally always, or if it was restricted to being on the favorable side of the 50 yard line.

A failed field goal is place at the spot of the kick.
- That's ~8 yards behind the line.

With the method I listed, they have the option to punt.
- If they are so close that punting into the endzone does not gain much, then failing by going for it does not lose much.

I think defenses and D-Coordinators would have that an offense always has 4 downs to convert.
- Envision all of the times the Cowboys made a big stop on 3rd down, then the opponent converted on 4th.
- I always want to opponent to punt in those situations.

6 points up, 4 minutes on the clock at 4th and 5 on the 20 I’d really prefer us to have a trusted kicker.

But even outside that type of rare situation it’d be preferable to have the option where we can settle for 3 by getting into field goal range at the end of the half/game and don’t have time to score a TD..

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
6 points up, 4 minutes on the clock at 4th and 5 on the 20 I’d really prefer us to have a trusted kicker.

But even outside that type of rare situation it’d be preferable to have the option where we can settle for 3 by getting into field goal range at the end of the half/game and don’t have time to score a TD..

Well, I'd love to be able to tell McClay to have a look at who I've got in mind.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
they won't...but i'd LOVE to see that happen.

Or we can just sign Sato. Think about it. Baseball teams sign Japanese pitchers frequently due to pitch styles that are considered good enough to warrant pitching spots in the majors. If the NFL is supposed to have the world's best players, then why not try Sato from Japan? Who knows? Maybe he has a kicking style that is different enough that he becomes a huge weapon for us. Furthermore, it wouldn't be the first time we looked internationally for kicking help (Fritsch). Perhaps Sato could be what we need.

Aven8

Reaction score
I think one of these dudes will snap out of it when it comes to the games.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If the band Journey can find a lead singer from the Philippines… surely Dallas can find a kicker in Japan, right?
My ex-girlfriend is the biggest Journey fan on the planet.
- She's been to over 30 of their concerts.
- She is OK with the new singer guy.
- Even with Steve Perry, her favorite band member was guitar player Neal Schon.

It's funny that the other band member hate Steve Perry.
- They were just a run of the mill band until he joined.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
My ex-girlfriend is the biggest Journey fan on the planet.
- She's been to over 30 of their concerts.
- She is OK with the new singer guy.
- Even with Steve Perry, her favorite band member was guitar player Neal Schon.

It's funny that the other band member hate Steve Perry.
- They were just a run of the mill band until he joined.
The dude sounds almost exactly like Steve Perry. It’s wild.