What if Packers make a run and win the Super Bowl?

pansophy

Reaction score
Would tha change your opinion of the Dallas loss? What if they run up 48 points on all the rest of the teams?
This would be like when we lost to the Giants. i guess it would make a difference to me.

but it would bring me back to my complaints about how the roster is built. We continue to lose to teams with a bunch of no name B+ guys because we pay for a lot of A+ players, a few of which always miss time because of injury (many are high risk at baseline like Smith) and then have C and C+ players behind them because we don’t have cash for solid players across the board.

A+ players probably makes the team more money but I don’t think you can build a team like that in the salary cap era. Jerry never adjusted to that. He was just as vocal and meddlesome when Jimmy was here, and while it contributed to the breakup, we still won two super bowls plus one with Switzer. So I don’t think it’s actually that which needs to change.

We need a stronger roster top to bottom even if it means we have fewer stars.

Xeven

Reaction score
This would be like when we lost to the Giants. i guess it would make a difference to me.

but it would bring me back to my complaints about how the roster is built. We continue to lose to teams with a bunch of no name B+ guys because we pay for a lot of A+ players, a few of which always miss time because of injury (many are high risk at baseline like Smith) and then have C and C+ players behind them because we don’t have cash for solid players across the board.

A+ players probably makes the team more money but I don’t think you can build a team like that in the salary cap era. Jerry never adjusted to that. He was just as vocal and meddlesome when Jimmy was here, and while it contributed to the breakup, we still won two super bowls plus one with Switzer. So I don’t think it’s actually that which needs to change.

We need a stronger roster top to bottom even if it means we have fewer stars.
This is what I think too.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I'm rooting for the Niners to body slam the Packers. Too much cocky young cuss idiocy on Green Bay now that everyone has posted the after videos.

I'm done with the "But they went on to the Super Bowl" card. Helped once with the Cowboys and Giants, but now just sad that it's the only thing we have left to console us each time.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Would tha change your opinion of the Dallas loss? What if they run up 48 points on all the rest of the teams?
I don't understand the thinking in that question. Green Bay entered the playoffs as a 7 seed. That's who they are. They are lucky to still be alive. To win this coming Super Bowl, GB would have to have rigged the system. In that case, I'm looking at how much Dak got paid to not show up in the wildcard round.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
It would be similar to when the giants got hot, beat Dallas here, and went on to beat NE and Brady to end their undefeated season. .. but no....won't happen. Just ran into an unprepared, over confident, over rated, and undersized team who was looking past them and to SF for another shot. Coming down to reality now.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
They would have to play against our defense to score 40+ points again in the playoffs. And no it wouldn’t change my opinion if they win the SB. It didn’t change my opinion of our loss to the Giants in 07 when they won the Super Bowl.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
So what if they do? Football ended for me a week ago.

The way Dallas played they would not have beaten the Panthers so it doesn't matter to me what Green Bay does moving forward.

Xeven

Reaction score
I think if Packers get through tonight they may very we’ll get to SB! Wow