What if Teddy Bridgewater is there at 16?

CowboysLaw87

Reaction score
While the ceiling in terms of impact on a team might be higher than say Martin, you have to weigh that with the likelihood of them having an impact at all. So while Martin's ceiling might not be as high as Bridgewater's, the likelihood Martin has a quality impact is likely higher than Bridgewater's.

To put in terms of numbers with 10 being the biggest impact and 0 being no impact, Bridgewater's range is like 2 through 10.............. Martin's is like 6-8.

All that being said, I like Bridgewater much more than Manziel or Bortles. So while I'd upchuck a bit if we took Manziel, I could live with Bridgewater.

I totally agree with the general premise, but I think you're far underrating the impact of high level QB's. If Bridgewater hits his ceiling, his impact would be more like a 20 compared to Martin's 8. No OL in the league is 80% as valuable (like in your scenario) as a QB who hit his highest potential value for a team. Nice post though, I enjoy these discussions.

"Expected value" is a way to look at this. You would take Martin's range and multiple each individual number with the likelihood he hits it, then do the same for Teddy B and compare.

Ex: Martin
6 (20%) = 1.2
7(30%) = 2.1
8 (50%) = 4
Expected Value = 7.3

erod

Reaction score
If Bortles, Carr, Manziel, Murray, and Mettenberger are gone, and it's the third round, I'd take Bridgewater.

But not a moment before.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
All that being said, I like Bridgewater much more than Manziel or Bortles. So while I'd upchuck a bit if we took Manziel, I could live with Bridgewater.

Plus every time we watched our highlights on ESPN Sunday night we'd get to hear Chris Berman sing "Like a bridge over troubled water".

Sign me up.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Everybody's defensive minded going into this draft, and with good reason. We all have targeted a defender or two we hope will be there at 16. But what if Teddy Bridgewater really does slide down to the Cowboys' pick? Do you stick with defense or bust or do you reverse course and select the QB?

I'm not asking what the Cowboys would do. They'd probably look to trade out or select a non-QB, but what would you do?

Me? I'm tearing up my first round plans and jumping on the opportunity. It could really pay off large down the road. Much more than any defender who figures to be available at that pick.
The probability of winning a Super Bowl is highest if they don't draft a QB early.
If Romo is healthy, any resources used on a backup/ future starter would take away resources to win with Romo.

If Romo can't play, they can tank the season and probably get a better QB prospect in the top 10 next year.

Plankton

Reaction score
Yeah whatever it was to cause him to do it was dumb and he is paying the price for it.

He paid a bigger price in this workout by not working with his receivers ahead of time, and not running the script with those receivers prior to the workout. When the script was developed at IMG, he worked with different receivers, and flew in to Louisville the night before the workout. If he was going to do that, he may as well have thrown at the combine, and left it at that. His agents really did not advise him properly.