What if we traded Zeke at the deadline?

InTheZone

Reaction score
How about we trade Dak for 3 1st round picks while we can, assuming some actual team believes he's top 5 like some here do.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
My best advice would be to not get your hopes up for a trade for a defensive tackle. For one, it brings more attention to the fact that Hill isn't a factor. Secondly, it runs counter to the way this regime has very intentionally acted dismissive of the position. And thirdly, it wouldn't fit in with what the current defensive line coach wants to do.

I don't expect Marinelli fired until after the season (and even then it will be handled with kid gloves) and until that changes, nothing else changes on the defensive line.

Even then, they'll use the term "demoted", and Marinelli will become the senior assistant to the assistant DC.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Even then, they'll use the term "demoted", and Marinelli will become the senior assistant to the assistant DC.

Exactly just like the treatments Monte Kiffin and Scott Linehan got.

This team can't even fire people the right way.

It's all about "Feelings"...

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Hear me out. We are running a different style of offense and its more predicated on passing and RPO'S. The NFL seems to be evolving into the college game. Someone on here astutely reminded me of this. More I thought about it, HE WAS RIGHT. Zeke doesn't seem to fit and is a stud workhorse back that would fit better for other teams. WHY NOT SELL HIGH? Meaning, we have Pollard and all those speedster guys..why not trade him for a player and a pick? WHY not at least see what the market would give? Trade part of the contract and get a guy like Linval Joseph? I am spit ballin here lol..but maybe a 1st round pick and a stud run stuffer helps NOW. We are undermanned at DT...so any thoughts or counter ideas? What trade would ya'll make that doesn't involve trading for a HC? LOL...
i thought it was butt-nugget-stupid to give him the contract we did.

that pretty much makes him un-trade-able and ours for awhile.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Zeke had value when he was in Cabo. The minute he landed in Dallas and signed that deal he lost all value what so ever but him and Jerruh and besties again and that is all that matters for this organization.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
You would immediately take a 25m$ cap hit for prorated bonuses already shelled out and have dead cap for the next few years due to future fully guaranteed exemptions. It would be immensely cheaper to ask him to ride the bench for a few years if you really feel the team is better without him than to essentially buy a first round pick for the cost of multiple all-pro players.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hear me out. We are running a different style of offense and its more predicated on passing and RPO'S. The NFL seems to be evolving into the college game. Someone on here astutely reminded me of this. More I thought about it, HE WAS RIGHT. Zeke doesn't seem to fit and is a stud workhorse back that would fit better for other teams. WHY NOT SELL HIGH? Meaning, we have Pollard and all those speedster guys..why not trade him for a player and a pick? WHY not at least see what the market would give? Trade part of the contract and get a guy like Linval Joseph? I am spit ballin here lol..but maybe a 1st round pick and a stud run stuffer helps NOW. We are undermanned at DT...so any thoughts or counter ideas? What trade would ya'll make that doesn't involve trading for a HC? LOL...
No big moves like this will be made until the new HC is in place.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score

We'd have to send an asset with Zeke in order to trade him, and then we'd have $5.58M in dead cap this year, and $19!!!!!M of dead cap next year.

Rayman70

Reaction score
How about we trade Dak for 3 1st round picks while we can, assuming some actual team believes he's top 5 like some here do.
he IS top 5..at least, TOP 10. Miami would do it if he were available. It would crush our team tho. We would have zero chance at winning for years to come. Unless you think Cooper Rush is all that.

Verdict

Reaction score

This would never work in light of the cap ramifications over and above everything else.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
I hate to say it but no one is giving a 1st for Elliott anymore. You could hope for a 2nd.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
if nobody would take that contract on zeke , then he is over-payed by the definition alone .

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The Cowboys knew what kind of offense they were going to operate with before the season started and before Zeke got paid. If the Cowboys offense is so different as you are proposing, they would not have giving into Zeke's demands to a new expensive contract. They would have taken the route the Chargers did with Melvin Gordon by telling him no deal. The reality of the situation is they have plans to make Zeke a bigger part of the offense, otherwise his new contract makes no sense.

khiladi

Reaction score
The only difference between last year and this year is Moore is taking more advantage via the pass of the fact defenses are focusing on stopping the run.

Trade him and watch how Pollard will ‘carry the load’ and threaten defenses.

John813

Reaction score
Bell saw the market last year when 31 other teams could of signed him.

The GM who signed him got fired after the draft.

Maybe Zeke could of had more interest due to that season long holdout by Bell, but I doubt it. LA and Dallas blew their load early giving into their backs demands.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score

They are in full tank mode and not looking to win one game. Would love to see them play Cincinnati, I could see one have first and goal several times and neither team would score. You would see fumbles and everything to keep from scoring.

aria

Reaction score
We absolutely should have done it but no team is stupid enough to pick up his contract, along with his off the field issues, when it’s been shown time and time again that you don’t need to pay a RB top dollar to win championships.

The Rams were dumb for having paid Gurley and were mocked for it, especially after CJ Anderson stepped in and didn’t miss a beat and many people were laughing at us after we did it. I had friends that were fans of other teams mocking me at work and calling me after Jerry caved and all I could do was say that I agreed with them.