What if we traded Zeke at the deadline?

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Hear me out. We are running a different style of offense and its more predicated on passing and RPO'S. The NFL seems to be evolving into the college game. Someone on here astutely reminded me of this. More I thought about it, HE WAS RIGHT. Zeke doesn't seem to fit and is a stud workhorse back that would fit better for other teams. WHY NOT SELL HIGH? Meaning, we have Pollard and all those speedster guys..why not trade him for a player and a pick? WHY not at least see what the market would give? Trade part of the contract and get a guy like Linval Joseph? I am spit ballin here lol..but maybe a 1st round pick and a stud run stuffer helps NOW. We are undermanned at DT...so any thoughts or counter ideas? What trade would ya'll make that doesn't involve trading for a HC? LOL...

iu

waldoputty

Reaction score
Hear me out. We are running a different style of offense and its more predicated on passing and RPO'S. The NFL seems to be evolving into the college game. Someone on here astutely reminded me of this. More I thought about it, HE WAS RIGHT. Zeke doesn't seem to fit and is a stud workhorse back that would fit better for other teams. WHY NOT SELL HIGH? Meaning, we have Pollard and all those speedster guys..why not trade him for a player and a pick? WHY not at least see what the market would give? Trade part of the contract and get a guy like Linval Joseph? I am spit ballin here lol..but maybe a 1st round pick and a stud run stuffer helps NOW. We are undermanned at DT...so any thoughts or counter ideas? What trade would ya'll make that doesn't involve trading for a HC? LOL...

zeke's salary is far too high to get a good return for what he is now

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score

Words can not explain how dumb this is.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
We have invested heavily in Zeke. The powers that be in Frisco won't hear of it and they'd be right. Other teams wouldn't do us justice in a trade. This OL is on the way down in terms of their health and ability to dominate as they have in the past. Therein lies the fact of the matter. Changes will be forthcoming in due time. The next draft should reflect as much, if reality is to be acknowledged and acted upon. Let's see if Jerry and son can deal with it.

Last edited:

Birch_Wood

Reaction score
If we had a different coaching staff, and could have gotten multiple picks or trades, then we "should" have. Probably could have gotten better value out of the trade. And my disclaimer is, I enjoy watching Zeke run when he is on. He is a beast.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
After giving your comment serious consideration, I can't really think of a contender team that is in desperate need of a bell cow RB. Maybe GB if they were looking good in all other aspects of the game.

aria

Reaction score
If we had a different coaching staff, and could have gotten multiple picks or trades, then we "should" have. Probably could have gotten better value out of the trade. And my disclaimer is, I enjoy watching Zeke run when he is on. He is a beast.
Most RB’s are against the worst run defenses in the league.

the_h0wey

Reaction score
Let's not and say we did

the_h0wey

Reaction score
After giving your comment serious consideration, I can't really think of a contender team that is in desperate need of a bell cow RB. Maybe GB if they were looking good in all other aspects of the game.
After watching the game on Sunday you think GB needs a RB? Jones looked pretty good. He had 4 touchdowns, 107 rushing yards, and 75 receiving yards. I think they'll stick with him, but that's just my gut feeling

McKDaddy

Reaction score
After watching the game on Sunday you think GB needs a RB? Jones looked pretty good. He had 4 touchdowns, 107 rushing yards, and 75 receiving yards. I think they'll stick with him, but that's just my gut feeling
I think dallas made him a HOF candidate via boneheaded defensive schemes. He is a good player but Zeke would take their team to a completely different level. Not saying i want to trade Zeke or that its even possible, just playing along with OP's premise.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Not sure is serious. Maybe this is a jab at all of the dumb threads being created.

The Cowboys didn't want to pay the contract they finally gave Zeke.

There are only 4 big RB contracts in the NFL and all others about about half or less per year.

Other teams are not going to want to assume the contract the Cowboys were hesitant to give Zeke AND give up a significant draft pick for the privileged of doing it.

CB61

Reaction score
With the contract he now has I doubt anyone would touch him maybe but I doubt it?

Big_D

Reaction score
No one is giving up anything for a very overpaid RB. And a complete clown off the field.