What is it about Dak now than before

RomoIsGod

Reaction score
Dak has never been a good QB. In his best days he was lower tier medicore.

MM layed his plan to rest to use him like a normal NFL QB. We are back to dumb-down-Dak offense: Have a playcall that has only 1 receiver that will get the ball. Dak has to read one and only one defense player and decide on his reaction. Either throw the ball or keep it an run.

Against bad defenses the OC is able to script those kind of plays and so is able to beat opposing defenses. When the competition gets stiffer this is not possible anymore and the QB has to do things on his own. And at this point things get ugly very fast.
Lower tier mediocre?

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
No doubt. Dak has been a good to very good qb at times. Now? He's freakin phenomenal. Off the charts almost. You can see it in his confidence on the field. Like a light bulb being switched on? Is this Mcarthy offense and playcalling perfect for Dak? It's got to be more than that. His mechanics is better. His accuracy is better. His poise. Hell, even his leadership has amped up from what was pretty good already. Is it he has just reached that peak in his career and it's just coming together easier for him? Whatever it is, I like it. What is it guys?
We have seen this before
First 7 games of the 2021 season, until defensive adjustments were made.
Hopefully there is no adjustments that can stop him now!!!

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
We'll see how things go the last 5 weeks. The only cream puff they have left will be the wildcard game.

If they go one and done again will it matter how he's playing right now? No, it won't.
Why do you want the Cowboys to lose? You just can’t wait for them to lose.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I think the offensive scheme and him not playing QB like a statue are what have elevated him.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
The west coast offense. This offense vs the Coryell system that he ran his whole career is much better for him.

The footwork in the WCO is very much tied to playing the position and the timing of the receivers. It has not only helped his footwork big-time, but it has also mostly corrected one of his main issues, which was holding on to the ball too long in the pocket.

This scheme requires that everything be tied to the QB’s steps, including throwing the ball away if you don’t have someone open… or dumping it down to an outlet receiver (RB or TE). It has been a Godsend for Dak and it very much helps correct most if his problems.

McCarthy knows it inside and out and has added some rollouts for Dak, which further plays to his QB’s strengths.

Once Dak had some game time snaps playing the WCO (about the bye week), he has gotten comfortable in it and has taken off.

I’ve been lukewarm on Dak up to this season. He’s been ok but there seemed to be something missing. In this WCO though, he is a much better QB and is absolutely among the best in the league. It plays to his strengths, minimizes his weaknesses, and the footwork has greatly improved his accuracy.

The scheme players play in has a huge influence on their success or failure. That goes for most players but especially QB’s. Getting Dak into the WCO is one of the best things that has happened to this franchise since their last Super Bowl.

This kind of QB play absolutely gives the team a chance to get where they want to go. It doesn’t mean they will… but they now have a good chance.

visionary

Reaction score
Too early
Weve only beaten 1 good team in this stretch
Lets see how he does the rest of the season and playoffs

Saltycowboy

Reaction score
It’s simple, Dak had refused to move and became a statute back there, so when there was pressure he either forced it or was sacked. Since SF he has begun extending plays with his legs and finding the open players. This mobility also helps slow down the pass rush as they fear he may exit the pocket.

leeblair

Reaction score
No doubt. Dak has been a good to very good qb at times. Now? He's freakin phenomenal. Off the charts almost. You can see it in his confidence on the field. Like a light bulb being switched on? Is this Mcarthy offense and playcalling perfect for Dak? It's got to be more than that. His mechanics is better. His accuracy is better. His poise. Hell, even his leadership has amped up from what was pretty good already. Is it he has just reached that peak in his career and it's just coming together easier for him? Whatever it is, I like it. What is it guys?
Mike McCarthy finally is showing why he was the head coach the Cowboys needed.
He is teaching Dak to be a quarterback and keeping him focused on what he is supposed to accomplish.
And the Cowboys are loaded at the receiver position.
Whether or not it's for real and will continue when the season is on the line remains to be seen, but Dak is starting to look like a quarterback that knows what he is doing.
That's all anyone ever wanted from him.
McCarthy probably saved both of their jobs by teaching Dak.

adamknite

Reaction score
He seems to be playing with more confidence. Like he's always been very confident I mean more like in the plays type of way and I don't mean this to come off as crapping on Kellen Moore but I think McCarthy's plays have generally/mostly been better.

It also, to me anyway, seems that meeting with Ceedee has really helped open things up. He and Dak have looked like a nightmare to teams since then.

Desperado

Reaction score
Something has definitely changed. Earlier this season he was frequently making bad decisions and errant passes. Huge improvements in last several games. I have theory (certainly not researched) that the so called Texas Coast offense we planned to use did not fit Dak or this offense. The run game is not what we hoped it to be, and short passes are not Dak’s strength. Dak seems to be really good at intermediate throws. Short balls don’t have enough accuracy or touch for receivers to react, leading to many of those pop balls that got intercepted last year. The long ball is not his strength either, with most falling short. He was throwing ducks early season… seems better now. But those intermediate throws of his are deadly. They are also using more presnap motion, which I think helps confuse defense recognition.
Edit: the emergence of a reliable TE has also been huge for Dak.

kskboys

Reaction score
What are u blabbering about?

Do you even watch the games?

What a stupid comment.
You don't think finishing out the game for the win is important? What a stupid comment.

CWR

Reaction score
You don't think finishing out the game for the win is important? What a stupid comment.
Yeah cause that's what I said. It only shows how stupid your argument is when you have to start making things up to support your pathetic takes.

kskboys

Reaction score
Yeah cause that's what I said. It only shows how stupid your argument is when you have to start making things up to support your pathetic takes.
That is what you said.

You are now turning to insults and reaching hard. That is what one does when they've lost an argument. Try thinking before you post so you don't have to make things up to support your pathetic takes.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
We'll see how things go the last 5 weeks. The only cream puff they have left will be the wildcard game.

If they go one and done again will it matter how he's playing right now? No, it won't.

That's what you got out of what I said? You need to get back on your meds
You're only here for one thing.

CWR

Reaction score
That is what you said.

You are now turning to insults and reaching hard. That is what one does when they've lost an argument. Try thinking before you post so you don't have to make things up to support your pathetic takes.
Show me where I said that. Oh right, you can't, because you made it up. Cool story though.