What is Jarwin's worth on trade market?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maybe, we'll see.
Obviously I can't claim to know for sure, but it seemed clear that going into last season JArwin was going to be the favored receiver at TE, and had he stayed healthy Schultz would have been almost exclusively a blocker and an afterthought as a receiver without many targets. Things are different now, and I can't see Scultz being relegated to that same kind of role. Jarwin still could be targeted more frequently than Schultz, but I can't imagine the discrepancy will be nearly as big as was expected last year before Jarwin's injury.

conner01

Reaction score
Schultz was a beast last season.
He really improved his game
He is also a FA after this season so decisions have to be made
Don’t think you can keep Schultz and jarwin so they may be playing for another season here this year

conner01

Reaction score
Obviously I can't claim to know for sure, but it seemed clear that going into last season JArwin was going to be the favored receiver at TE, and had he stayed healthy Schultz would have been almost exclusively a blocker and an afterthought as a receiver without many targets. Things are different now, and I can't see Scultz being relegated to that same kind of role. Jarwin still could be targeted more frequently than Schultz, but I can't imagine the discrepancy will be nearly as big as was expected last year before Jarwin's injury.
It wouldn’t surprise me if they didn’t extend Schultz after this season and release jarwin
The bar for jarwin got raised by Schultz

Winonesoon

Reaction score
We need this one. If you are going to trade someone Gallop is your right answer. Going to lose him next year anyway.

kskboys

Reaction score
Schultz gets open much better, has much better YAC ability, blocks better, and catches everything. Honestly, why are you even putting Jarwin on his level? Jarwin is a backup #2 type TE.

Why in the world do fans have such high regard for Jarwin? One game? I honestly don't get it.

KB1122

Reaction score
You would be better off trying to move Schultz for some value. However, I'm not sure the rest of the league values run-10-yards-and-turn-around tight ends as much as the Cowboys seem to.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Schultz gets open much better, has much better YAC ability, blocks better, and catches everything. Honestly, why are you even putting Jarwin on his level? Jarwin is a backup #2 type TE.

Why in the world do fans have such high regard for Jarwin? One game? I honestly don't get it.
I don't know that we can say that just yet. We didn't know what we know about Schultz until he got his chance to play as the primary TE. Jarwin hasn't truly had that chance yet.

I assume Schultz is the better blocker - Jarwin hasn't shown much in that area. Not sure about ability to get open - time will tell.

As for YAC ability, my guess is Jarwin has more potential (assuming he is healthy).

Last edited:

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
dCA7JDH.jpg

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Jarwin is a poor mans Pitts, if they cant use Jarwin effectively they will use the new shiny corvette from florida effectively.
He is not a poor man's Pitts. They talk about Pitts have HOF potential....Jarwin was an UDFA who took 4 years to get here. He is coming off injry and is average TE at best

dsturgeon

Reaction score

I think most of that is wrong. Jarwin is faster, gets open better, has more YAC ability. Go watch all of jarwins highlights not just the giants. He will make big plays, and get td's.

I think he should get 1 TE screen a game

I like shultz too, but he is not going to get you the big plays jarwin will

Beaker42

Reaction score
I don't know that we can say that just yet. We didn't know what we know about Schultz until he got his chance to play as the primary TE. Jarwin hasn't truly had that chance yet.

I assume Schultz is the better blocker - Jarwin hasn't shown much in that area. Not sure about ability to get open - time will tell.

As for YAC ability, my guess is Jarwin has more potential (assuming he is healthy).

Schultz has better YAC ability than Jarwin?? Really.........

dsturgeon

Reaction score
Schultz makes most of his catches around 5 yards, and turns them into 10+. which is nice

Jarwin makes his around 10-15 yards, and then goes which is nice

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm on your side on that. Part of Jarwin's potential is from being a little more swift on is feet than others the Cowboys have had.

Fmart322

Reaction score
Pitts falling to 15 seems highly unlikely. I don't see a big market for Jarwin, especially coming off an injury.
I thought maybe something happened to Pitts where his stock dropped today. No way he gets to the 10th pick. Someone will take him early.

kskboys

Reaction score

Manalive, how in the world did you miss Schultz fighting for extra yards and getting them?

Schultz runs better routes and gets open better. We can definitely say that.

kskboys

Reaction score
Absolutely. Jarwin doesn't get near the extra yards Schultz does. Not even sure this is close.

Jarwin is more of a downfield threat, it looks to me as if Schultz trumps him in every other category.

kskboys

Reaction score
I think most of that is wrong. Jarwin is faster, gets open better, has more YAC ability. Go watch all of jarwins highlights not just the giants. He will make big plays, and get td's.

I think he should get 1 TE screen a game

I like shultz too, but he is not going to get you the big plays jarwin will
No, he doesn't. Schultz does all of those things better. And Schultz is quicker than Jarwin, and it's not close.

Jarwin ran a 4.72 forty. Schultz, 4.75.

Jarwin will not come close to moving the chains as Schultz does, and hasn't come close to showing the consistency.

Why do you guys like Jarwin so much? Serious question.