What is Jarwin's worth on trade market?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Manalive, how in the world did you miss Schultz fighting for extra yards and getting them?

Schultz runs better routes and gets open better. We can definitely say that.
Where exactly did I suggest Schultz didn't fight for yards or was incapable of getting YAC? I said no such thing.

As for running better routes or doing a better job of getting open, we don’t have a fair point of comparison. Schultz was the #1 TE for 15 games last year, so he had an opportunity Jarwin missed out on because of his injury.

Now, before you claim I missed Schultz getting open and running good routes, I didn’t say that either. I merely said the information needed for a fair comparison is incomplete.

Last edited:

dsturgeon

Reaction score
No, he doesn't. Schultz does all of those things better. And Schultz is quicker than Jarwin, and it's not close.

Jarwin ran a 4.72 forty. Schultz, 4.75.

Jarwin will not come close to moving the chains as Schultz does, and hasn't come close to showing the consistency.

Why do you guys like Jarwin so much? Serious question.

Schultz did move the chains well, but you can see a definite speed difference when they run, and jarwin looks faster. The majority of Jarwins catches are 10-20 yards down the field. The majority of Schultz are around 5, and he turns them into more.

The lamb addition along with cooper and gallup, helped shultz out a lot, just like it would if jarwin was playing with all 3. I think jarwin will make bigger plays, even if they are both productive.

DanA

Reaction score
The TE room really isn’t overstocked if we go in with Pitts, Jarwin, Shultz, and McKeon. I’d consider that pretty well balanced.

I get the issue in defense, it being so depleted somewhat forcing our hand, but this is a 5-year investment, not just one. The way I see it is if Pitts is our 3rd or 4th best player in the draft, and the best defensive player on the board is our 13-14th best player, then we are crazy to look elsewhere.

And for the most part we can smooth things out with a trade, and other draft picks. Just for example, lets say Calais Campbell came up for on a cap dump for a 5th round trade, we could use a future 4th, and eat cap space earmarked for Gallup to get him. Recruitment is 365 days a year, and there are other ways to balance things.

Just don’t take a clearly worse player in the top 10.

jrumann59

Reaction score
He is not a poor man's Pitts. They talk about Pitts have HOF potential....Jarwin was an UDFA who took 4 years to get here. He is coming off injry and is average TE at best
Every year there is a TE that is supposed to be the next [insert name].

blueblood70

Reaction score
Hypothetically, Pitts falls to 10. Based on how the board is looking. Pitts will be available at 15. NE needs a QB which is still on board.

Do you trade 10 to NE for 15 and 46. Pick Pitts at 15?

Trade Jarwin for what? 4th rounder, 5th rounder?

Thinking for this is that Pitts comes in at TE on rookie deal cheaper and better then Jarwin. Funds saved on Jarwin can be put into signing another FA (Wright, Sherman or Breeland) to help out D where ever draft didnt.
you will have to trade 2 player ie gallup and a TE jarwin or Shultz because not enough balls to go around or money in the cap to have all that talent on offense ..reality's Pitts wont fall this is separate thread #11 on Pitts

,man wake up if hes truly that good hes gone long before 10,..its over let it rest

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Jarwin would not fetch much, he is a guy that has potential but has yet to establish himself as a top TE. Heading into last season was his big chance to prove himself and went down game 1. Right now Shultz has more value than Jarwin.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Absolutely. Jarwin doesn't get near the extra yards Schultz does. Not even sure this is close.

Jarwin is more of a downfield threat, it looks to me as if Schultz trumps him in every other category.
He said that sarcastically - he was not agreeing with you.

And I gave you videos to show what Jarwin can do after the catch.

If you want stats, Jarwin averages 2 yards per catch more than Schultz.

Again, lest you again suggest I missed what Schultz did, that is not the case. I was very pleased with Schultz last year, and felt he proved he can be a good NFL TE. But neither 40 times, video clips or statistics support your notion that "Jarwin doesn't get near the extra yards Schultz does", much less the idea that Jarwin may not even be close.

Last edited:

blueblood70

Reaction score
He said that sarcastically - he was not agreeing with you.

And I gave you videos to show what Jarwin can do after the catch.

If you want stats, Jarwin averages 2 yards per catch more than Schultz.

Again, lest you again suggest I missed what Schultz did, that is not the case. I was very pleased with Schultz last year, and felt he proved he can be a good NFL TE. But neither 40 times, video clips or statistics support your notion that "Jarwin doesn't get near the extra yards Schultz does", much less the idea that Jarwin may not even be close.
umm watered down stats Shultz playing all 16 last year as far more touches, averaged drop with more touches for most players..unless Jarwin can play an entire season as a starter , you cant compare them at the moment..

so if a player get 2 catches for 36 yard hos average is 18 YPC wow thats awesome yet the one who caught 10 for 100 so that 10YPC

whos better?

dont answer we know..

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
umm watered down stats Shultz playing all 16 last year as far more touches, averaged drop with more touches for most players..unless Jarwin can play an entire season as a starter , you cant compare them at the moment..

so if a player get 2 catches for 36 yard hos average is 18 YPC wow thats awesome yet the one who caught 10 for 100 so that 10YPC

whos better?

dont answer we know..
I've been saying all along there isn't enough for a fair comparison because Dalton got an opportunity to be the main guy for 15 games, and Jarwin missed that chance because of his injury. If you look back at my posts in this discussion you will see I have been saying there is incomplete info.

But you are a little off base because the discussion was about YAC, not "not who's better". I agree they are not the same thing, but I was not attempting to treat them as the same thing. I made no assertion as to who is better. If that had been the question being discussed I would have said we don't have enough info to make that call.

I do, however, think there is enough information to indicate Jarwin (if healthy) can make significant yardage after the catch. There certainly isn't evidence that he isn't even close to Schultz in that department the way ksboys claims. That was the context of my post that you quoted and responded to.

Last edited:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Every year there is a TE that is supposed to be the next [insert name].
true that. and every year there is a DE that's supposed to be the next and every year there is a QB that's supposed to be the next and a WR that's supposed to be the next and the....you get the point. its the draft. its all speculation.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I've been saying all along there isn't enough for a fair comparison because Dalton got an opportunity to be the main guy for 15 games, and Jarwin missed that chance because of his injury. If you look back at my posts in this discussion you will see I have been saying there is incomplete info.

But you are a little off base because the discussion was about YAC, not "not who's better". I agree they are not the same thing, but I was not attempting to treat them as the same thing. I made no assertion as to who is better.

I do, however, think there is enough information to indicate Jarwin (if healthy) can make significant yardage after the catch. There certainly isn't evidence that he isn't even close to Schultz in that department the way ksboys claims.
ill stake steady edddie like Witten and now shultz over guy who gives you a few spalsh plays then gets hurt or dipears..Jawrin through his time here made few big plays then we forgot he was on the field, most of which all came against 2-3 NYG games..REd FLAG..

ill take shultz at the moment because hes steady and available..

Adreme

Reaction score
Jarwin is maybe a conditional 6th or for sure a 7th. He has put up average to below average numbers and is coming off an injury and is on a one year deal. The trade value is simply not there.

Adreme

Reaction score
true that. and every year there is a DE that's supposed to be the next and every year there is a QB that's supposed to be the next and a WR that's supposed to be the next and the....you get the point. its the draft. its all speculation.

When they talk generational talents they are usually right. Calvin Johnson was everything they said, so was Luck, and Peyton. Basically when they talk about cant-miss prospects they are never truly busts and are always something.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pitts won't be there at 15 and Jarwin won't bring much because he's a backup TE on other teams and it's easier for teams to draft backup TE's. Jarwin is fine on the Cowboys because of what they can put on the field with him. That offense is more responsible for his production than he is.

The Cowboys have 2 1st round WRs and a 1st round RB. Show me the successful team that needs to put a 1st round TE with that.

Would be one of the dumbest moves they've ever made and right in character.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ill stake steady edddie like Witten and now shultz over guy who gives you a few spalsh plays then gets hurt or dipears..Jawrin through his time here made few big plays then we forgot he was on the field, most of which all came against 2-3 NYG games..REd FLAG..

ill take shultz at the moment because hes steady and available..
Again, you are responding to me as if I had claimed Jarwin was better, and I did not. Accordingly, your comment has nothing to do with what you are quoting and responding to, which was entirely in the context of YAC.

I do find it interesting that you consider the info incomplete when it comes to YAC (which I agree is incomplete), but you don't seem to keep the same standard when discussing who can be a steady player. If you are fair you have to believe the info is complete all around, not just on what we pick and choose. Besides, Jarwin's catch % is actually higher than Schultz, so there is no statistical basis for saying he can't be a steady player if given more opportunity.

By the way, that big game against the Giants was in 2018. In 2019 Jarwin had a nice year playing 2nd fiddle to Witten, and did not rely on 1 big game for his stats.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Again, you are responding to me as if I had claimed Jarwin was better, and I did not. Accordingly, your comment has nothing to do with what you are quoting and responding to, which was entirely in the context of YAC.

I do find it interesting that you consider the info incomplete when it comes to YAC (which I agree is incomplete), but you don't seem to keep the same standard when discussing who can be a steady player. If you are fair you have to believe the info is complete all around, not just on what we pick and choose. Besides, Jarwin's catch % is actually higher than Schultz, so there is no statistical basis for saying he can't be a steady player if given more opportunity.

By the way, that big game against the Giants was in 2018. In 2019 Jarwin had a nice year playing 2nd fiddle to Witten, and did not rely on 1 big game for his stats.
lmao almost all of this career yards and yac are against the NYGs

GMO415

Reaction score
Jarwin returning from a knee injury....I'm thinking 7th round.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
lmao almost all of this career yards and yac are against the NYGs
No, that is not accurate. Less than 1/3 of his career yards are against the Giants, and of the yards gained against the Giants most were in one game (119 yards). The other 2 times he played the Giants he had 39 & 42 yards, and that was as the 2nd string TE behind Witten.

Essentially you are saying it's a bad sign that he had a big game against the Giants in 2018, yet ignoring that at that until 2020 Schultz had not had a single big game.

Why is it that being used sparingly for a few seasons is a negative with Jarwin, but not with Schultz?

The reality is it isn't a negative with either - and we couldn't know with either until they got the chance to see a heavy helping of targets. Schultz got that chance in 2020, and he did very well with it. We don't yet know what Jarwin would have done with it if he hadn't got hurt.

But instead of going with that reality, you prefer the old double standard based on what suits your narrative.

Last edited:

KB1122

Reaction score
I wouldn't be against trading him. Especially as a part of a package to move up a round to get someone we liked.