Twitter: What is Jaylon Smith doing on this play?

Big_D

Reaction score
I'm assuming his responsibility is outside and if he doesn't bounce out and the RB gets around the corner then that would also be his fault. I know NFL RBs can change on a dime at times, but in this instance it seemed pretty clear where he was heading. That spin out seems late into the play after it unfolded directly at him?

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Man, we've witnessed some bufoonery from the linebacker position this year, but this might take the cake. This play exemplifies the lack of confidence both Jaylon and LVE have displayed this season. Both play with a total lack of instincts and are constantly on skates.

Fell for the pump fake from the QB.

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
Yes, which still tells me nothing. His comparison to DE's and corners aren't anything, again, he's a LB and will have higher amount of solo tackles compared to the others. Who the hell else is going to lead? A Corner? DT? Again, LBs will rack up tackles. It means literally nothing. His comparison needs to be to other LBs around the league, not to those of separate freakin' positions. It's stupid.
Tied for 6th in the league among LB's with 69 solos (tied for 8th overall in the league). He is #1 the league with 54 assisted tackles.