What is our expectations for Dak?

lopey

Reaction score
Perfection obviously.

106 passer rating when throwing to backups all game isn’t enough.

If he missed any throws or the receivers have to make some tough grabs. He sucks.
When the game was on the line on OT he missed a wide opened receiver. Badly. This is what we are talking about. The clutch play. He misses more often then not.

75boyz

Reaction score
Only QB in the nfl with a winning percentage against winning teams is Brady. Just stop it with this nonsense already.

Those other QBs not named Brady have cumulative career numbers that are better than 1 playoff win in 5 seasons. Off the top of my head Brady, Mahommes, Rodgers, Wilson, Roethlisberger, Jackson..
Ya know, the guys who usually take their teams to the playoffs. Wilson and Ben probably not this year but consistently over their past career.
Those previously mentioned get their teams to the playoffs somewhat regularly to at least compete against other winning teams QBs.

The funniest one is those other QBs not named Brady are not facing such divisional powerhouse QBs as Heinicke, Hurts or Daniel Jones. So yeah, that's his competition.

Doesn't sound like nonsense.

khiladi

Reaction score
Also, this idea Dak performs in the 4th quarter is just another stat that is out-of-context.

Most of the 4th quarter wins come from the first season as a bus-driver, built on an offense heavy-reliant in a RG wearing the defensive front out into submission. When that era ended, Dak’s 4th quarter prowess truly shined.

As I’ve quoted multiple times on this forum, last year, when he was supposedly bringing the team back, his 4th quarter numbers, down by 8, it was:

25/41 for a whopping 61% completion rate, with a whopping 5.5 YPA, 2 TDs and 1 IND. he only completed 2 passes over 20 yards.

This guy goes into a complete shell. It happened once again in OT.

FTWayne

Reaction score
i think they call it the "glitch" or just sucks when pressured. same differences.

khiladi

Reaction score
has jerry come out yet and cried about the penalities yet? even though boy wonder lost it in overtime.

This crap is jason garrett all over again. dak garrett.

They offered this guy a contract after his mediocre 2018 season, to retain him, though he was setting records in futility and they had to get Amari Cooper to save him, from what was becoming a laughing stock. This was after the off-season where Jerry went on live air talking about how the 2017 experience was a learning one for him, despite all his struggles. They continued to play him and didn’t even allow Romo to compete for his deserved starting spot back.

Dak-stans can only seek recourse in the BS ‘injury’ excuse for Romo, because Dak surely can’t play QB like Tony..

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Denver was a glitch. This would have been the 3rd glitch then, na, this is a tendency. Let's hope they can turn around that ship before it hits the cliffs. Like someone said, it's taking water but not sinking yet.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Those other QBs not named Brady have cumulative career numbers that are better than 1 playoff win in 5 seasons. Off the top of my head Brady, Mahommes, Rodgers, Wilson, Roethlisberger, Jackson..
Ya know, the guys who usually take their teams to the playoffs. Wilson and Ben probably not this year but consistently over their past career.
Those previously mentioned get their teams to the playoffs somewhat regularly to at least compete against other winning teams QBs.

The funniest one is those other QBs not named Brady are not facing such divisional powerhouse QBs as Heinicke, Hurts or Daniel Jones. So yeah, that's his competition.

Doesn't sound like nonsense.
You're right. Brady only had to face Miami, the Jets, and the Bills (when they werent good) for 2 decades. LOL. Also. Go ahead and name off the coaches for all of those QBs you mentioned. Then remember that Dak was tied to Garrett for 5 years. Ask yourself. Is Garrett better than Reid, Belichek, Harbaugh, Tomlin, or Carrol?

FTWayne

Reaction score
Denver was a glitch. This would have been the 3rd glitch then, na, this is a tendency. Let's hope they can turn around that ship before it hits the cliffs. Like someone said, it's taking water but not sinking yet.
dak's already jumped off the titanic, "every man for himself" *splash*

khiladi

Reaction score
You're right. Brady only had to face Miami, the Jets, and the Bills (when they werent good) for 2 decades. LOL. Also. Go ahead and name off the coaches for all of those QBs you mentioned. Then remember that Dak was tied to Garrett for 5 years. Ask yourself. Is Garrett better than Reid, Belichek, Harbaugh, Tomlin, or Carrol?

Brady beat every top notch team in the playoffs, whatever the AFC and NFC threw at him, outside the Giants, so that argument doesn’t work. If he choked in the playoffs, you would have a case.

Further, Dak never played under Garrett as OC period. That’s the Romo-excuse, Dak-stans latch on to.

FTWayne

Reaction score
how many years are we going to keep Dak Garrett? the same as his dad or one-legged bumb swiper. *swipe* jaylon garrett prescott.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Well considering Brady, Rodgers and Wilson all get paid less and Mahomes a bit more year and they all won a Superbowl.

I would expect him to win at least a Superbowl during this contract.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
It’s hard to overcome when the refs are clearly favouring the other side. Yesterday was a joke. I re watched the game on PVR and if they call that bogus PI on brown to seal the deal for the raiders Schultz should have had a flag thrown for him on the final drive. Dak wasn’t at fault for the loss. He could have played a lot better but I mean come on. Carr was gifted 23 points. Literally.

Dak missed throws today. 100 percent. He also made throws that some of y’all said he couldn’t make lol. His sideline throws to Gallup were perfect almost everytime.

Deep passes down the sideline are some of the easiest / safest passes you can throw so I love that he hit Gallup but these aren’t as amazing as you think.

Why do you think Carr just kept chunking it up and hoping for a flag? Because he knows how safe the throw is.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
People in this thread are calling Dak average? Our fan base is so dumb.

I don’t know what Dak is at this point.

To me he looks like a great QB when he can be a front runner but when the pressure is on he is in no hurry to make a play and his accuracy is as bad as I’ve ever seen it the last month.

He is not executing plays on the field. Missing wide open guys and throwing with terrible accuracy.

Anyone acting like this isn’t the case and calling people clueless needs to have a look in the mirror if they’d like to see clueless.

HungryLion

Reaction score
When the game was on the line on OT he missed a wide opened receiver. Badly. This is what we are talking about. The clutch play. He misses more often then not.

This is a false statement. He absolutely does not miss more often than not with the game on the line. And that is easily proven with both the tape and the numbers.

so yeah. When “this is what we are talking about” is just making up nonsense that isn’t true because you’re emotional.

prior to this game Dak was almost perfect in OT for his career. He has like 2 incompletions prior to that throw in all his career OT games.

but yeah he misses this one and it means he can’t make the clutch plays.

it’s overly emotional nonsense. That has zero basis in reality.

LittleD

Reaction score
Dak is just another in a long line of pretenders who robbed this team of the next 5 years. Team down the tubes, Cap down the tubes, Coaching down the tubes, players starting to make business decisions.
Right on time!

75boyz

Reaction score
Brady beat every top notch team in the playoffs, whatever the AFC and NFC threw at him, outside the Giants, so that argument doesn’t work. If he choked in the playoffs, you would have a case.

Further, Dak never played under Garrett as OC period. That’s the Romo-excuse, Dak-stans latch on to.

Weird it IS always like this.
Strange blind support that can be debunked by the most basic empirical data.

I mean another example is Manning. He didn't quite achieve Brady's SB success but also beat up on a weak division AND every other team from the AFC and NFC on the reg. season schedule for years.

Thats why the New England and San Diego games totally suckered me in. I thought Rayne had turned some kinda corner. His stats sucked in the Charger game BUT he managed an ugly win. Not characteristic at all of him. Managing an ugly win over a good team with bad stats that is.
New England further added out of the norm confusion for me because this too was an actual winning AFC team.
It seems these 2 games were nothing but flukes now.
His career history win/loss pattern has now returned back to his normal trend.

This division is not a good one and more a tallest midget in the room type contest.
Status quo will continue and the ceiling is a one and done led by the overpaid QB.

Last edited:

Big D

Reaction score
I’d really like to know what a lot of your standards are because people are actually accepting of his performance today and using his stats as a shield to defend his trash play.

You understand he is a 40 million dollar player right?

Was he gutsy at the end? Sure.. But he was mediocre and not accurate all game.

He gets paid too much to just sit around and wait for everyone else to make a play.

Also, I feel validated for my opinion about Carr and Dak being basically the same player.
a better question might be what do we expect from the other 54 players on the team ? Or more specifically the starting 11 on defense.