What is the biggest surprise to you in the NFL so far?

kevm3

Reaction score
The fact that the Cleveland Browns looks to be a much more entertaining team to watch this year. I knew we were going to have a couple of tough contract decisions this year, but I didn't expect the FO to be this BAD. We lost several key players and all we managed out of all of that is a 5th rounder? This team must be trying to tank for Payton, but after how bad this upcoming season will possibly be, why would he want to come to the dumpster fire? We could also lose Dan Quinn as well.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
That teams are copycatting the Rams by mortgaging their future to win now. The Rams have done a great job working the cap and living without draft picks. It’ll be interesting to see if these other teams can do the same.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
It seems like it's something new each day. First, the massive contract Von Miller got surprised me, but then came the Adams trade and contract to the Raiders, but now the Watson trade and contract. Kinda curious what happens next........ :popcorn:

CowboyChris

Reaction score
Watson to the Browns, coming in a close second was the rigors of the Armstrong signing

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Robinson to the Rams and that contract
Adams to the Raiders and that contract
Rodgers staying in GB and that contract
Miller to the Bills and that contract
The Cowboys not keeping Gregory - pleasant surprise
Watson to the Browns and that contract
Brady returning to TB this quickly
The Seahawks blowing it up and not changing HC's

But the biggest surprise is that the NFCE chose to remain one of the worst divisions.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I guess the biggest surprise for me, is that the NFL hasn't kicked Dallas down into the usfl brackets.

stiletto

Reaction score
I don't even know where to start with this offseason. Teams that were cap-struck have signed some of the biggest players and keep getting richer. The Cowboys de-value their talent and get nothing in return but "cap" space which they don't even try to use to make the team better. It's just crazy. Not to mention that the salary cap will probably go up another 100 million next year with the new Apple/Amazon TV deal... cap space wasn't really an issue anyways.

Motorola

Reaction score
'Let's make a deal for Deshaun Watson' starring the Panthers, Saints, Falcons, and Browns.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Brady coming back so quickly
That Adam deal too