What is the biggest surprise to you in the NFL so far?

JustChip

Reaction score
The whole thing started out Amari to the Browns. and people said, "Dallas y'all gone crazy!"
Then Green Bay said, "Hold my beer! Adams is going to the Raiders!"

Not to be outdone, Cleveland said, "Ha! Ha! We're acquiring a guy who hasn't played in one year, with legal problems, who may be suspended and we're giving up three #1s plus! And for the icing on the cake, we're paying him $230 Million! Who gonna top that crazy idea?
I doubt very seriously Watson gets suspended. The NFL knows that stars bring in the $ and the QBs are the brightest if the stars. It’s like Jimmy knew to treat stars differently. He cut a 3rd string RB for fumbling, but defended Leon Lett for his Thanksgiving Day bone-headed play.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
So many interesting stories have happened since the season ended, what is the biggest surprise to you?

It can be from the Cowboys or any NFL team, player, etc..

Dumping Collins for nothing.

Out of character for Jerry, who usually shows *too much* loyalty to his Genius Jerry picks. Jerry engineered a big win by getting Collins to sign with us as an UDFA. Good below market contract at OT too. Giving up on that storyline is not like Jerry.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Dumping Collins for nothing.

Out of character for Jerry, who usually shows *too much* loyalty to his Genius Jerry picks. Jerry engineered a big win by getting Collins to sign with us as an UDFA. Good below market contract at OT too. Giving up on that storyline is not like Jerry.
I think there's more to the Collins story than we know.

I am surprised we at least weren't able to trade him.
I guess teams thought 10 mil/ year was too rich.

JustChip

Reaction score
I think there's more to the Collins story than we know.

I am surprised we at least weren't able to trade him.
I guess teams thought 10 mil/ year was too rich.
I suspect teams are very concerned about suspension. Add to that his lackadaisical approach to preparation and teams are probably wary of depending.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Deshaun Watson going to Cleveland would have to be the biggest surprise to me. The Browns were one of the last teams I thought he would agree to be traded to. The Browns were able to pull him in with $230 million guaranteed.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
So many interesting stories have happened since the season ended, what is the biggest surprise to you?

for me it is Russel Wilson out of Seattle......love Russel Wilson...dont really like Seattle...but i hate Denver cause they always seem to have our number and now with Russel oh man

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
That teams are copycatting the Rams by mortgaging their future to win now. The Rams have done a great job working the cap and living without draft picks. It’ll be interesting to see if these other teams can do the same.
They handle the cap almost as well as Dallas.lol

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
The amount of airtime we are seeing from Jerry Jones this off-season.

Stuff is flying left and right, and he is not responding to a microphone.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The amount of airtime we are seeing from Jerry Jones this off-season.

Stuff is flying left and right, and he is not responding to a microphone.

Not surprising in the least he’s avoiding interviews with all the negative stuff that’s going down. He’s in no mood to have to tap dance around questions about the cheerleader and his love child payoffs. He even backed out of an interview at the combine with a supposed minor medical issue.

plymkr

Reaction score
McCarthy accepting that Jerry has 2 candidates for HC on deck.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

How Buffalo came out of nowhere for Von Miller.

Its that type of stuff that makes the offseasons fun

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
that more women haven't come out with tales of the pervboys. how about them pervboys! more hush money and more illegitimate children. lol

jerry Richardson got kicked out of the NFL for "keep pounding" slogan and life.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I am very surprised Gregory left Dallas. I am also surprised Adams left Green Bay.

I am shocked the Browns gave up 3 first round picks and then some to get Watson then gave him a $230 million contract for 5 years! That's $46 million a year supposedly fully guaranteed to a player who has not played in a year, still could be suspended by the NFL and is one woman's story away from being banned from football. Talk about taking risks. I wonder if he has a guarantee voiding clause in his contract...
yeah all those and add wilson going to denver, ryan to colts, and brady coming back this year and to TB!
It all makes next season interesting even though not cowboy related except for weed boy.

JBond

Reaction score

The Herschel Walker trade. Oh.... this season... hmm... not much.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
Tom Brady playing 2 games per year against Sam Darnold, Marcus Mariota, and Jameis Winston! Like when he was in the AFC East all those years.