What is the dumbest/worst song of all time IYO?

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Maikeru-sama;3460951 said:
Folks just need to calm down a bit.

First, just because a person is white and doesn't like rap, doesn't mean they are racists. Not sure if that claim has been made in here, I just wanted to put that out there.

Second, rap may be a lot of things but it definitely isn't about "rape". Honestly, this is the very first time I have ever heard that claim made about rap.

Personally, I don't even listen to rap anymore, mainly because it's just not that good anymore and with the help of somebody I cannot mention, I am working on trying to stop cursing completely and listening to rap and other forms of music is counter-intuitive to that goal.

I'm perfectly calm, but I'm just noting an observation that I've made over years of these inane arguments over which style of music is better than another: people that claim to hate rap music but "Eminem is okay" is an inherently or subconsciously racist or prejudiced statement to make. Eminem CERTAINLY has rapped about rape, murder, & drugs and just about everything else that anyone would claim they don't like about hip-hop/rap music, potentially moreso than other artists. I would cite quotes of lyrics, but obviously because of the content that wouldn't necessarily be appropriate.

The claim wasn't made that one person was a racist, just that the statement made or thought process might be questionable.

I've done the old bait and switch before when people talk about music. I've deliberately dropped the comment in a discussion: "man I can't stand country music, it sucks. But Cowboy Troy is cool." What do you think the first claims are thrown at me?

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
BehindEnemyLinez;3460829 said:
KRS-One, Rakim, Biggie, Wu-Tang, Nas & The Roots (just a small sampling)!

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

and yes, Jay-Z is defintiely still better than all these ringtone rappers out nowadays.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
casmith07;3460967 said:
I'm perfectly calm, but I'm just noting an observation that I've made over years of these inane arguments over which style of music is better than another: people that claim to hate rap music but "Eminem is okay" is an inherently or subconsciously racist or prejudiced statement to make. Eminem CERTAINLY has rapped about rape, murder, & drugs and just about everything else that anyone would claim they don't like about hip-hop/rap music, potentially moreso than other artists. I would cite quotes of lyrics, but obviously because of the content that wouldn't necessarily be appropriate.

The claim wasn't made that one person was a racist, just that the statement made or thought process might be questionable.

I've done the old bait and switch before when people talk about music. I've deliberately dropped the comment in a discussion: "man I can't stand country music, it sucks. But Cowboy Troy is cool." What do you think the first claims are thrown at me?

I hear ya.

I was just joking with the "calm down" comment. I would have put a smiley next to it if I wasn't posting using my iPhone.

Some of R2A's comments are odd. And yes, it is very questionable for him to say he hates rap but says he likes Eminem, who raps about extremely violent things, such as killing the mother of his daughter.

Seriously, even though I haven't listened to Eminem in years, when I think back to some of his lyrics, it is hard not to mistake the guy as a homicidal maniac at times :laugh2: .

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Maikeru-sama;3460979 said:
I hear ya.

I was just joking with the "calm down" comment. I would have put a smiley next to it if I wasn't posting using my iPhone.

Some of R2A's comments are odd. And yes, it is very questionable for him to say he hates rap but says he likes Eminem, who raps about extremely violent things, such as killing the mother of his daughter.

Seriously, even though I haven't listened to Eminem in years, when I think back to some of his lyrics, it is hard not to mistake the guy as a homicidal maniac at times :laugh2: .

It's a shame because for every meaningful, well-thought-out song that he writes, he writes some archaic nonsense that makes you question his sanity :laugh2:

rkell87

Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3460726 said:
There very informed, and what would you say is the GOAT song then?
if you say so

my favs are: one bourbon, one scotch, one beer- george thorogood
proud mary- CCR

but GOAT are probably closer to riders on the storm- the doors
whatever your fav stones song is(paint it black)
whatever your fav aerosmith song is(dream on)

but truthfully everybody has different taste in what makes a great song great so to definitively declare one song the GOAT is asinine, but i can see devil/georgia as a fav song but GOAT i don't think most people would have it top ten ever

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
casmith07;3460967 said:

I wasn't referring to his work in general, I was referring to a select amount of songs that I find entertaining. Find another rap song and if I like it i'll tell ya, you know that song that was the theme of the espn 2010 draft? "I made it" thats a pretty decent song.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
rkell87;3461335 said:
if you say so

my favs are: one bourbon, one scotch, one beer- george thorogood
proud mary- CCR

but GOAT are probably closer to riders on the storm- the doors
whatever your fav stones song is(paint it black)
whatever your fav aerosmith song is(dream on)

but truthfully everybody has different taste in what makes a great song great so to definitively declare one song the GOAT is asinine, but i can see devil/georgia as a fav song but GOAT i don't think most people would have it top ten ever

Alrite, to rephrase it. IMO, the devil went down to georgia is the GSOAT. I've heard it atleast 150 times, and it never gets boring. Most songs around that 50-60 range of playback get boring and tedious to listen too, but DWDTG doesn't

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;3460391 said:
Consider the source..

Maikeru-sama;3460441 said:
:hammer:

To think someone could pretty much make the claim that all Aretha Franklin and Diana Ross's work is garbage is pretty interesting.

But as stated, consider the source.

Btw, does Romo 2 Austin like anything that is "different"?
:rolleyes: Get over yourselves.