CFZ What is the plan for the rest of the season?

Hadenough

Reaction score
Barring injury to Micah, I love our chances against any team that likes to throw the ball. I do not fear the Chiefs or the Dolphins.
Hahahaha you may not buy Dak does.
Vic Fangio is the defensive coordinator of Dolphins and when he was with Denver his defense stymied Dak bad. And last time Dak faced the Chiefs defense he led the team to 3 FGs. Steve Spaguolo knows defense.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Plan?

Probably make the post-season only to lose in the most predictable way. Specifically, come out flat, turn the ball over, force Dak to throw the ball and force a game changing INT.

shabazz

Reaction score
Vic Fangio is the defensive coordinator of Dolphins and when he was with Denver his defense stymied Dak bad. And last time Dak faced the Chiefs defense he led the team to 3 FGs. Steve Spaguolo knows defense.
Agree100%…..it’s almost as if some haven’t seen the past and learned from it…….and someone here said they like our chances against the Bengals….. Burrow is now healthy and the team is peaking

CCBoy

Reaction score
First order of business for this weekend. The Eagles have a cornerback that desicrated the star at AT&T stadium...take him out fully with contact!

That's what I see, but if you guys are all in on crying towels...better start ordering them now. Some just can't get enough crying towels for the job!!

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
First order of business for this weekend. The Eagles have a cornerback that desicrated the star at AT&T stadium...take him out fully with contact!

That or just burn him repeatedly like Coop did to Rasul Douglas a few years ago.

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
Hahahaha I don't but you do.

I said nothing about Dak. He lives in your head. I was talking about opposing passing teams. :facepalm:

plasticman

Reaction score
The plan is to develop the young players they have with a commitment to improve each week so that by the end of the season they are peaking.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Hahahaha I don't but you do.

I said nothing about Dak. He lives in your head. I was talking about opposing passing teams. :facepalm:
Oh so your thinking the defense won't have problems with the Chiefs or Dolphins passing game. Hahahahahaha

blueblood70

Reaction score
Well, the trade deadline has come and gone. This is the team that we have for the rest of the season. Sure, there might be a few FA pickups or something on PS, but any major changes would've been done by now. Therefore, i think it begs the question. What is the plan for the rest of the season?

I think our defence is probably fine, other than the Lb depth. I would've liked maybe a tweak there, but I think LVE probably due to return as early as next week as it'd be 4 weeks. As for offense, I think oline and RB would have been good options. I also would've been happy with Davante Adams. However, I also understand that the FO probably wanted to retain draft picks this year.

I think the front line of the team looks great. Dak is creating a nice rapport for the season with Lamb and Cooks. I like how Tolbert is getting involved more. The only concern I still really have with this team is RB and oline depth. I think, as long as the team stays relatively healthy, that there's no reason we can't contend for the top seed. However, I'd have liked a few more resources to make sure we can. Especially since the team seems to be developing nicely the last couple of games. I love that Dak is using his legs more. I'm delighted at how well we play at home. I just worry, with the way this roster is constructed, what happens if we have to play more than one playoff game on the road. If we can get at least a home playoff game or two, we have a chance to do something special. However, going from a wild card spot, we will probably get eliminated in the playoffs.

I think it's critical, with the way this team is constructed ATM, that the Cowboys must win the division (and ideally the top seed) if we are to have a chance to be special. I think that, if we can win the division, we should at least be a 2nd seed. That should get us two home games in January. I trust the team at home this year. I just don't want this team having to go cross country in the playoffs again. I think, with the way the squad is constructed ATM, the season will have the same predictable end if we have to play on the road, especially going cross country. That is, unless there is a plan for the rest of the season that the FO and coaches have.
win lol i mean what else..win more then you lose??never changes

blueblood70

Reaction score
Hopefully, we can stay mostly healthy. That is key as well (along with getting at least a home game or two in the playoffs).
i hate to break it to you but you can't plan for injuries or to stay healthy.that about luck and fate..Hope to but cant plan too... i mean i plan not to die but you know what am i gonna do about it??

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
i hate to break it to you but you can't plan for injuries or to stay healthy.that about luck and fate..Hope to but cant plan too... i mean i plan not to die but you know what am i gonna do about it??

I know, but I'm just thinking it's wise, in areas where we know we lack depth or, in the case of Tyron Smith, have an area where injuries are rather frequent, it's wise to have a contingency plan just in case. Failure to plan is planning to fail. Although, true about the last point. Luck and fate are important in football, but, like I said, I do like to be prepared if there's an area where there is reason to be concerned.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I know, but I'm just thinking it's wise, in areas where we know we lack depth or, in the case of Tyron Smith, have an area where injuries are rather frequent, it's wise to have a contingency plan just in case. Failure to plan is planning to fail. Although, true about the last point. Luck and fate are important in football, but, like I said, I do like to be prepared if there's an area where there is reason to be concerned.
look man we've been over this on other threads, they have brought in many good backups at OL...i think Asim held his own after edoga went doiwn,.,

so LT are

77-TS
Edoga
Richards

if your expectations is to have a pro bowler at every level first 1-3 as depth, thats hilarious..

plan in place:thumbup:

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
look man we've been over this on other threads, they have brought in many good backups at OL...i think Asim held his own after edoga went doiwn,.,

so LT are

77-TS
Edoga
Richards

if your expectations is to have a pro bowler at every level first 1-3 as depth, thats hilarious..

plan in place:thumbup:

No, I get that, I was just sharing my concerns. Asim looked solid. Glad we drafted him. That was a good contingency plan.

Hadenough

Reaction score

That's what I see, but if you guys are all in on crying towels...better start ordering them now. Some just can't get enough crying towels for the job!!
Nobody cares about that star anymore. The rivalries are gone and the only thing that matters is money to these players. There is no more loyalty to teams.