What is this team lacking?

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The problem is you won't let armyvet have his say without the "but the defense gave up 33" OK fine...but Dak's ineffective offense, especially early on....contributes to that. So fine that you argue...but it's not even a good reason.
Now if dak put up 25 early points....and we end up losing 33 to 28.....I would concede your point.
If we want to blame the defense for our woes....we should start a conversation about that....and let armyvet just have his....you aren't changing his mind.
Army vet lol the quarterback with the receivers he has no continuity with. And people are complaining. When someone is consistently negative no matter what the positive. That’s an agenda .

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Okay okay. Fine, but let's get back to my original point. People can't say anything critical of Dak without people popping up like gophers with "but defense".

It's not just from the people you label "haters".....it's ubiquitous.
I don’t have a problem with people critiquing at all. But that’s not what they’re doing. They just out right have an issue. Never ever ever credit. Always always always criticism. That’s an agenda

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
what do you mean early, they would have been tied 14-14 at the half if not for missed xp..that matching the other team, the 3rd qtr we had so many penalties we couldn't get on track but still got a td via STs and both teams had lulls happens EVET game both teams ended up 33-33 at the half what doesn't it matter when we scored , the defense and refs are the blame period end of stpory..no need for concession, its plain and simple.

this had zero to do with dak last paly game was lost.....drum rol please

on a defensive play and drum roll continues yet another penalty, this one the wr created contact pulled the cb into him ie flopped and got the penalty...

not on dak or the offense really when you are handed 33 points you win, if not its on the defense..the offense had ZERO TOs,,sorry this is on the defense/refs..
Oh, so the extra point does matter. Cowboys statement game tonight I think we destroy the Saints

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
So you feel you can't discuss that anywhere else but in reply to armyvets opinion?

And we will have to disagree...if the defense can;t score points early in the game, it puts the defense at disadvantage. And yes...the defense does need to get some stops of it's own.

Not sure why we are forced to discuss the flaws of every body else in order to discuss daks.
Because one player does not make a team. That’s why

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Because one player does not make a team. That’s why
No it doesn't....but how else would you suggest we assess a player performance?

"dak choked on the last pass to Noah"
"but it's a team game"

Not going to work very well.

dckid

Reaction score
We're first in our division with ALL of the injuries I listed. Your personal agenda vs Dak just doesn't hold up. He proves you wrong over and over. Just a few weeks ago you were here admitting you were wrong on Dak. Now all of a sudden he's just a system QB. Literally NO ONE with a respectable opinion in sports media (including former players) shares this take with you.
All along my stance has been don't overpay for Dak, but the team did because that is the situation they put themselves in. NFL free agency is as free market as you will get. I don't begrudge Dak, just like I dont begrudge Cousins, Flacco, Jimmy G, Romo, Ryan.. Calling Dak a system QB is not an insult. It is what he is, hell Phil Simms was a system QB. You can win with those guys, until Brady and Bill came along no one was winning 7 SB's. So comparing any QB to Brady is idiotic. Even if you have a superstar QB winning 1 or 2 SB's is most likely outcome. Look at Manning, Favre, Rogers, Marino, Elway, Young, Aikman. I just need all the Dak lovers to realize the strength and weakness of the QB. He is functionally equivalent of Romo, to me a bit more even keeled, better under pressure, better leader. Again I am not insulting Romo.
Our biggest issue is coaching and game management.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don’t have a problem with people critiquing at all. But that’s not what they’re doing. They just out right have an issue. Never ever ever credit. Always always always criticism. That’s an agenda

I can agree with that. Some people are hard to give the credit. BUT..again....peopel give them SO much flak.

I think pappy admitted dak played a good game(not sure which)....then we he didn't pap went back to the usual. He then got accused of flip flopping or some such bullgus.

This incessant battle must stop at some point. Nothing is going to change. I wonder who the bigger people are. So far neither.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oh, so the extra point does matter. Cowboys statement game tonight I think we destroy the Saints

But it's a team game.

Does the extra point count more than choking a game winning drive away? Hmmm....I dunno.

I'm hoping for a destruction too. Just take all this bad sheet out on Aints. I'd like to think it would ease the forum for a week or so....but we'll manage to find ship to argue about. Right? :confused:

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Nevermind that the defense gave up an average of 33.5 points per game in those two losses, and the running game only mustered 62 yards per game and a 3.3 yards per carry in those 2 games. Also never mind one of those losses was against the defending Super Bowl champion.

But if the expectation is Dak has to throw the ball, run the ball and play defense for the entire team, I'm afraid he's going to come up short sometimes.

The point is Dak throwing often DOES NOT lead to team wins.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Of course. When you're playing from behind, you have to pass more. And when you're playing from behind, you usually lose. That falls under the category of duh.

The interesting exception is the TB game, where the pass-heavy offense was the plan from the beginning. Yes, they lost on a last-second FG but that doesn't invalidate the offensive approach, which worked brilliantly.That's false, whether you're looking at this year or at his whole career.

Look at the stats before asserting it is false as you will be proven wrong.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Army vet lol the quarterback with the receivers he has no continuity with. And people are complaining. When someone is consistently negative no matter what the positive. That’s an agenda .

Agenda? No, just stating facts.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
In your opinion , is the quarterback. Is it the defense backfield . Is it that we don’t have a great offensive line . Is it the head coach. Is it the defensive line. Is it the linebackers.

Team lacks health.

WarDaddy

kidcrook
Reaction score
Two LBs and a true rangy free safety. Sad thing is, this team was almost complete going into the season.

We just needed 2018 Kazee, 2018 LVE and 2018 Jaylon.

This team with those players stops the run more consistently and doesn’t get beat over the top.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Look at the stats before asserting it is false as you will be proven wrong.
I would suggest the same to you.

You claimed, "Also of note, Dak's 4 most passing attempts games were ALL Dallas LOSSES." Which is false, whether you meant this season or over his career. You may not remember this, but Dallas beat New England.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
It’s definitely not the QB! The coaching has been lacking since Jimmy left. The good teams the Cowboys have had over the past 2+ decades have become complacent and have had trouble handling success. None of the teams seem to have the desire to be the best team they can be. It’s almost like they enjoy being mediocre year after year. The teams haven’t been mentally tough and they take games off. They don’t display the traits of a championship team. It’s the same theme year after year with the Cowboys. Most of the good players they have seem to care more about money than winning. Many have accused Jerry of being more interested in making money than winning.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Okay okay. Fine, but let's get back to my original point. People can't say anything critical of Dak without people popping up like gophers with "but defense".

It's not just from the people you label "haters".....it's ubiquitous.
I never said anyone can't say something critical of Dak, so it's not a point to me. I just expect the criticism to be fair minded and in the proper perspective. For example, I have no problem with anyone saying Dak blew it on the pass to keep a drive alive in OT last week, or that Dak played poorly against KC. I'm less inclined to accept someone pinning losses entirely on Dak, or even one guy regardless of who it is, and particularly in games where the teams scored a lot of points overwhelmingly on the strength of the passing game.

I think what you may be missing is the distinction between being critical of Dak, and blaming everything on Dak. I think most people can accept a comment like "Dak missed a key throw at this point in the game" or "Dak had a subpar game this week", but that's very different from comments suggesting Dak is the reason the team can't win, or saying Dak was the reason the team lost a game in which it scores 30+ points and Dak's passer rating was stellar.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I never said anyone can't say something critical of Dak, so it's not a point to me. I just expect the criticism to be fair minded and in the proper perspective. For example, I have no problem with anyone saying Dak blew it on the pass to keep a drive alive in OT last week, or that Dak played poorly against KC. I'm less inclined to accept someone pinning losses entirely on Dak, or even one guy regardless of who it is, and particularly in games where the teams scored a lot of points overwhelmingly on the strength of the passing game.

I think what you may be missing is the distinction between being critical of Dak, and blaming everything on Dak. I think most people can accept a comment like "Dak missed a key throw at this point in the game" or "Dak had a subpar game this week", but that's very different from comments suggesting Dak is the reason the team can't win, or saying Dak was the reason the team lost a game in which it scores 30+ points and Dak's passer rating was stellar.
I dunno....all I see is people popping up like gophers almost every single time.
Maybe....I see only what I want to see and but of course you see only what you want. Human nature.