What is this team lacking?

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Don't bother trying to argue logic with these people. They are blinded by their Dak hate. Aaron Rodgers won a game in AZ without his top receiver... By handing the ball off like 40 times.. When Dak wins games like that he's being "carried by the running game.." When other QBs do it it's brilliant game management. It is what it is and it's not going to change..

"These people"....be careful with that terminology in stereotyping people. As for your example, Rodgers won with his running game but statistically speaking Dak wins more often when the running game is the focus and not his 32+ pass attempts per game.......that is a big difference between Dak and Rogers/Mahomes/etc. That isn't Dak hate but logic.

UncleRico

Reaction score
In your opinion , is the quarterback. Is it the defense backfield . Is it that we don’t have a great offensive line . Is it the head coach. Is it the defensive line. Is it the linebackers.
5 pro bowlers

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
THIS RIGHT HERE. That's all it is. You don't take away all of these key players and then start complaining that the QB isn't making miracles happen.

Elite players don’t lose 3 out of 4 games because of it.

We know Dak isn’t elite but the team has put the game on his shoulders and he can’t do it.

I’m sorry but football is not a game of who has it the most optimal. I know you guys would like to believe that but it’s just not.

The same QBs don’t keep winning and winning year after year because everything is always optimal and they don’t face adversity.

Dallas faced adversity when Dak was out and Cooper Rush won while throwing for 300 yards and 2 TDs.

Dak faced adversity over our last 4 games and not only failed to deliver he failed 4 times and played nearly 12 quarters of bad offense.

Hes a system QB that gets carried by the system and can create the illusion that he is better than he is because of the system.

quickccc

Reaction score
- missed time from key players (tyron, dlaw, gregory, cooper, lamb, gallimore/hill)
- lack of run game (run game can hide certain team deficiences to an extent)
- inconsistent defense that is still weak vs run, gives up too many big play passes & flags, pass rush struggles
- Prescott below performance in last 3 losses (hasn't been same since pre-calf injury)
- lack of discipline (ala most penalized team in NFL)
- up and down FG kicker

quickccc

Reaction score

We know Dak isn’t elite but the team has put the game on his shoulders and he can’t do it.

I’m sorry but football is not a game of who has it the most optimal. I know you guys would like to believe that but it’s just not.

The same QBs don’t keep winning and winning year after year because everything is always optimal and they don’t face adversity.

Dallas faced adversity when Dak was out and Cooper Rush won while throwing for 300 yards and 2 TDs.

Dak faced adversity over our last 4 games and not only failed to deliver he failed 4 times and played nearly 12 quarters of bad offense.

Hes a system QB that gets carried by the system and can create the illusion that he is better than he is because of the system.

i've seen Russell Wilson (who has been considered one of the top QBs in NFL for years) .but who also has been really struggling since
returning from a hand injury.,... ironic Dak himself hasn't been the same since his calf injury
Maybe there's sumthin' to that than we realize ..

egn22

Reaction score
Yes, the defense gave up 19 points to a loaded KC offense.....and Dak was missing Cooper and Tyron Smith....but had everyone else.....and Dak performed as follows: 28 of 43 (65.1% Comp %) for 216 Yards 0 TD's 2 INT's 2 Fumbles 1 Lost Fumble

This is factually inaccurate. Dak was injured during the game and has been injured for weeks. He missed a chunk of time. Lamb was knocked out of the game as well. We were missing BOTH of our top DE's. Did you watch the game????

Denim Chicken

Reaction score

Maybe if you repeat this enough, someday it will be true. What are you up to 10-15 times a day?

RonnieT24

Reaction score
"These people"....be careful with that terminology in stereotyping people. As for your example, Rodgers won with his running game but statistically speaking Dak wins more often when the running game is the focus and not his 32+ pass attempts per game.......that is a big difference between Dak and Rogers/Mahomes/etc. That isn't Dak hate but logic.

The point is EVERY QB wins more when they have a good running game. But it's seemingly only counted as a negative when Dallas does it. Balance should be celebrated but some people manage to turn it into an albatross in Dak's case. That makes no sense to me. I looked back the last three years and found that over past three seasons.. teams that finished in the top 10 in rushing made the playoffs something like 80% of the time. Meanwhile teams that finished in the top 10 in passing offense made it only like 30% of the time. Running the ball well is good for your team. Before anyone screams "that add up to more than 100%.. I know it does.. some teams were top 10 in both categories.. Now shut up. If memory serves the difference was even more pronounced before 2020.. but so much weird stuff happened in 2020 I am inclined to throw it out completely. For instance I think 2020 was the first time in like 2 decades when neither Super Bowl team had a top 10 rush offense. Again.. running the ball is GOOD.. Maybe we should quit acting like Dak needs to win 15 games a year without a running game.. No other QB is asked to do that.. Why is he? Oh and while we're at it, maybe we could quit acting like he's supposed to carry a bottom tier defense. Yes he (and the running game) can cover for it.. but at some point we need to get good consistent defensive play. If we don't, it doesn't matter what Dak and the offense do.. Some team will slow our offense down and hang 40 on our defense.. and the chatter Monday morning will be about what a terrible game Dak had.. (sigh)

BermyStar

Reaction score
Not hard to see.....key players
both starting DEs
both starting Ts
both starting WRs
But the good news is most are turning at exactly the right time........you wanna be healthy on the back end of the season
This is what I keep saying. Getting healthy down the stretch cannot be overstated.

kskboys

Reaction score
In your opinion , is the quarterback. Is it the defense backfield . Is it that we don’t have a great offensive line . Is it the head coach. Is it the defensive line. Is it the linebackers.
Biggest problem by far is DLine. You absolutely must have a solid disruptive DLine w/ good rotational guys to give the starters a breather. Having our two starting DE's out is of course a huge problem. Which of course means the DB's are not going to be as good.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Most obvious is the OLIne inconsistency and the coaches insistence of playing injured guys.
Continuing to play defensive schemes that are failing.
Dak not looking good - change the plays or the player if he's injured.

tomsanders921

Reaction score
Defensive tackles. It's been a problem for as long as I can remember. They don't value the position enough to spend a high pick or invest big dollars in.

Great defensive tackles make it easier for everyone on defense

egn22

Reaction score

We're first in our division with ALL of the injuries I listed. Your personal agenda vs Dak just doesn't hold up. He proves you wrong over and over. Just a few weeks ago you were here admitting you were wrong on Dak. Now all of a sudden he's just a system QB. Literally NO ONE with a respectable opinion in sports media (including former players) shares this take with you.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
We're first in our division with ALL of the injuries I listed. Your personal agenda vs Dak just doesn't hold up. He proves you wrong over and over. Just a few weeks ago you were here admitting you were wrong on Dak. Now all of a sudden he's just a system QB. Literally NO ONE with a respectable opinion in sports media (including former players) shares this take with you.

We play in the 2nd worst division in football.

Dak isn’t proving me wrong. I know what he is now. A system QB that’s as good as those around him.

This last month was classic Dak and the biggest difference is they asked Dak to throw us to victory.

This team and Dak will be better again if the run game is asked to carry us and not him.

kskboys

Reaction score
Defensive tackles. It's been a problem for as long as I can remember. They don't value the position enough to spend a high pick or invest big dollars in.

Great defensive tackles make it easier for everyone on defense
And are completely necessary to have a super bowl D.