What is this team lacking?

egn22

Reaction score
As a matter of fact, why do I even care if certain Cowboys fans refuse to acknowledge how special of a QB Dak is? I got what I wanted which was an extension for the best QB we've had since Troy Aikman. Get used to him lol. And keep prepping your excuses and BS reasons to discredit him even when we make the playoffs and if healthy maybe the SuperBowl.

kskboys

Reaction score
The point is EVERY QB wins more when they have a good running game. But it's seemingly only counted as a negative when Dallas does it. Balance should be celebrated but some people manage to turn it into an albatross in Dak's case. That makes no sense to me. I looked back the last three years and found that over past three seasons.. teams that finished in the top 10 in rushing made the playoffs something like 80% of the time. Meanwhile teams that finished in the top 10 in passing offense made it only like 30% of the time. Running the ball well is good for your team. Before anyone screams "that add up to more than 100%.. I know it does.. some teams were top 10 in both categories.. Now shut up. If memory serves the difference was even more pronounced before 2020.. but so much weird stuff happened in 2020 I am inclined to throw it out completely. For instance I think 2020 was the first time in like 2 decades when neither Super Bowl team had a top 10 rush offense. Again.. running the ball is GOOD.. Maybe we should quit acting like Dak needs to win 15 games a year without a running game.. No other QB is asked to do that.. Why is he? Oh and while we're at it, maybe we could quit acting like he's supposed to carry a bottom tier defense. Yes he (and the running game) can cover for it.. but at some point we need to get good consistent defensive play. If we don't, it doesn't matter what Dak and the offense do.. Some team will slow our offense down and hang 40 on our defense.. and the chatter Monday morning will be about what a terrible game Dak had.. (sigh)
Brady uses the short pass as a running game.

KC not being able to run the ball consistently is a huge reason why they lost the super bowl.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In your opinion , is the quarterback. Is it the defense backfield . Is it that we don’t have a great offensive line . Is it the head coach. Is it the defensive line. Is it the linebackers.
giphy.gif

pitt33

Reaction score
Besides the current players that take the field it comes down to a couple of critical components to me:

• Team still doesn’t have a killer instinct. Too often let’s the opponent dictate the flow/tempo of the game.
  • False bravado that comes from being a Dallas Cowboy. I get tired of hearing Prescott take the podium after a bad loss and saying they needed to get punched in the mouth to knock them off their pedestal. Really? For a team that has been stuck in NFL purgatory the last couple decades they still have this mindset. That’s a recipe for never reaching their so-called ultimate goal.

JayFord

Reaction score
the ability to stay on the field

you NEED your impact players on the field, and lots of times their impact is just them being there and having teams worry about them

Cooper can have an impact having 2 catches for 12 yards because you cant double lamb or gallup you have to account for Cooper and his precise route running

Dlaw can have an impact getting 0 tackles and 0 sacks by sealing the edge on outside runs or getting a stalemate at the line

Football is about more than stats, the biggest plays are the ones that dont show up in the stats

but we gotta have our impact players actually playing

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No team can achieve GLORY when they have to carry a QB...........NONE in today's NFL!
5 years going on 6 then 7 and eight and if any of you see a SB run hit me up.....
Sorry don't wanna be a party pooper but some of our talents are already gotten older and tired.....

USArmyVet

Reaction score
This is factually inaccurate. Dak was injured during the game and has been injured for weeks. He missed a chunk of time. Lamb was knocked out of the game as well. We were missing BOTH of our top DE's. Did you watch the game????

Did Dak play the whole game?

DenCWBY

Reaction score
In your opinion , is the quarterback. Is it the defense backfield . Is it that we don’t have a great offensive line . Is it the head coach. Is it the defensive line. Is it the linebackers.
In a word, Yes. The only exception is 2 players. #11 and #20. The rest of the team should be handing their paychecks to these 2 guys.

foofighters

Reaction score
An owner. He's the number one problem of this team. Doesn't matter who the coach or QB is. It's the same result.

bigE79

Reaction score
Heart...when thing get tough,they fold...sad

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Defense and health . If we had those then we could be able to draw a better conclusion on any other weak links that might be there.

We had the #1 offense before all of the injuries so tough to point there first.