Twitter: What is Trevon Diggs doing here?

817Gill

Reaction score
Not sure how you think Trevon will sign when the rookie contract is up.......everyone knows how the Board is about player salary, and JJ prefers purging.
Regardless of our dismay at the FO, they’ve overwhelmingly re-signed their homegrown stars. Byron Jones and Randy are exceptions, not the norm.

Even those two situations were unique. The team valued Byron a lot less than the media/fans and with Gregory they had a deal in place money-wise, it was just SJ’s language that dissolved that situation.

If Trevon keeps performing as a star there’s a 99% chance he’s re-signed.

Flamma

Reaction score
Not sure how you think Trevon will sign when the rookie contract is up.......everyone knows how the Board is about player salary, and JJ prefers purging.

That's coming up sooner than you think. After this year in fact. Letting Trysten Hill or Gallup play out their rookie contracts, no big deal. Letting Diggs do that and Jerry would be an idiot. That's the difference between a new contract, and a contract extension.

Flamma

Reaction score
That may not be enough. I figured Diggs would want to play on the same team as his brother. So in 2024 he may go to the team his brother plays for for the same or even a little less money. But we have two more years before that happens. A lot can happen in 2 years.

Diggs is getting a contract extension after this year. He'll be the highest paid CB in the league. Think he'll turn that down?

erod

Reaction score
Diggs is getting a contract extension after this year. He'll be the highest paid CB in the league. Think he'll turn that down?
Wow, that would be a colossal mistake.

He's weak in coverage. He's not really a corrner. He's a ball-hawking safety.

youngjerryjones

Reaction score

We haven’t had a corner on his level in a decade and you think he’s overrated?

youngjerryjones

Reaction score
I think you guys forget he switched to corner AT alabama and is going into his third year - he’s only going to get better

Cowfan75

Reaction score
If you are trying to get leverage for a new deal, talking about going to Dallas will immediately have any team calling your bluff.

Flamma

Reaction score

You think they're going to let him walk? You don't really think that, do you? He's not going to want less if he's made to wait another year.

erod

Reaction score
We haven’t had a corner on his level in a decade and you think he’s overrated?
He's not good in coverage at all. He's got great hands and doesn't drop interceptions, but good receivers toy with him with routes.

shabazz

Reaction score
#14 Diggs says to #7 Diggs "Little Bro my contract comming up, you see those $$$$ Top WR made this offseason!!!! I need to put some heat on the Bills FO to get them moving on mine....#7 to #14 "I got you big Bro hang tight and I'll do what everyone else does and tie the Cowboys to you for some leverage"....Just being a good kid brother thats all.

……I'm gonna have to see a lot more slang and bad grammar in your rendition before I can buy into this

GuitarBytes

Reaction score
I think the cowboys team has already become more than a joke,mode dumbest, a total circus, fans and the same players longing for other players to reach the cowboys, and they don't understand that the owners are in pathetic mode, in mode loser , it is more likely that Trevon will reach the Bills as a free agent because they will not pay him what he is going to ask for when he is a free agent, that Stefon will reach the cowboys

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I'm wondering if Diggs may see limited action at WR this year, especially early on should Gallup miss 2 to 3 games to start the season. I know Diggs would welcome getting some snaps at WR