CZ POLL What is your confidence level of the Cowboys front office right now?

What is your confidence level of the Cowboys front office right now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

LysleE

Reaction score
Our FO has to be the most inept, delusional and egotistical in the history of the NFL. What a freaking joke! Jerry makes the late Al Davis look like Bill Belichik!

What GM with REAL football knowledge wouldn’t come up with a contingency plan for an injury prone LT who hasn’t played a full season in at least 2-years?

The only thing scarier than Jerry Jones as a GM is Jerry (and Steven) Jones as player evaluators! Every time I hear the words “position flex” or “we like our guys” I throw up in my mouth a little!

Oh yeah and of course “secret sauce.

Ken

Reaction score
I think you are over valuing some of the talent we have...
I think, defensively, we have enough talent to run a competitive defense with 2nd stringers.

I think we are weak at backup qb and kicker.

I think we are young on the OL and that youth will be turned into strength when they get some playtime under their belts.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
*this post is a reply to LysleE*

I think this take is a little heavy.

I agree that the LT situation was risky if HOPING on Tyron to not get injured...but I dont think its that tragic of a situation. I think any football team in the NFL has plans for injuries...whether you like the plan or not. You can argue that only teams with plans win Super Bowls or whatever you want to try and paint...but I think Dallas has a plan of Tyler Smith, Ball or Martin...even if Martin says he isnt making the move.

Ball and Smith might not be ready and Martin might be reluctant...but maybe Dallas thinks it has a 2 or 3 year window. We dont know what they are thinking. But you can pass it on as ineptness and stupidity if you want.

Sydla

Reaction score
*this post is a reply to LysleE*

I think this take is a little heavy.

I agree that the LT situation was risky if HOPING on Tyron to not get injured...but I dont think its that tragic of a situation. I think any football team in the NFL has plans for injuries...whether you like the plan or not. You can argue that only teams with plans win Super Bowls or whatever you want to try and paint...but I think Dallas has a plan of Tyler Smith, Ball or Martin...even if Martin says he isnt making the move.

Ball and Smith might not be ready and Martin might be reluctant...but maybe Dallas thinks it has a 2 or 3 year window. We dont know what they are thinking. But you can pass it on as ineptness and stupidity if you want.

Smith has been hurt every season for 6 seasons now. If they thought they could get through a season without Smith getting hurt, that was just stupid on their part.

And no, Tyler Smith was never the option to play LT in a pinch if Tyron got shelved for a couple of games. He's only being moved to LT now because they are desperate at this point with Ball largely being a dud to date and Waletzko being raw and now hurt.

If Dallas thinks it has a 2-3 year window, then it's even a bigger mistake to not have had more insurance against Tyron Smith getting hurt. I'd buy not bringing in a vet OT if the plan all along was to build a young OL that could be ready 2-3 years from now. But that's not the situation we are in, or rather, what Jerry keeps telling us we are in. They aren't paying big bucks to Dak and Elliott and Martin and others because they are planning to win 3 years from now.

TheHerd

Reaction score
5 People on this board have full confidence in the FO????? That's horrifying.

morat1959

Reaction score
Our FO has to be the most inept, delusional and egotistical in the history of the NFL. What a freaking joke! Jerry makes the late Al Davis look like Bill Belichik!

What GM with REAL football knowledge wouldn’t come up with a contingency plan for an injury prone LT who hasn’t played a full season in at least 2-years?

The only thing scarier than Jerry Jones as a GM is Jerry (and Steven) Jones as player evaluators! Every time I hear the words “position flex” or “we like our guys” I throw up in my mouth a little!

Oh yeah and of course “secret sauce.
Nice! Nailed it! We need more fans like you.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
Define the rewards for competing instead of keeping it a mystery. I dont want trophies...I want money. And trying to pay me peanuts while increasing inflation aint a game im willing to play.

But PUH-lease...blame the players for everything. Its never the higher ups fault. Projection and propaganda at its finest.

No response from, Morat...typical Beta when hes cornered.

My Signature stands correct.

I Slay.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
0 DTs or FSs drafted in the first round in 26 years. 0 QBs in 32.

5 1sts on WRs, 2 on RBs, 4 on LBers, and 7 traded away since the last title.

giphy.gif

quickccc

Reaction score
I'll agree with you on DTs. That's bizarre. And the QB thing isn't that big a deal because they largely have gotten lucky with Romo and Dak. They also have invested 4 first rounders in 10 years on OL - Smith, Smith, Frederick, Martin - which I would say are vital positions, right?

Drafting isn't really their issue. Sure, they arent perfect but they don't suck at it. They fail in FA. They fail in admitting mistakes. They are too loyal to guys they drafted. I think they undervalue certain positions (DT) and overvalue others (TB). Those are my gripes.

-Only i agree with the Cowboys that these DTs and S's have to be warranted by the value of their draft boards, ..by according to their draft boards.
i'm not for drafting a DT and especially a safety ..just for the sake of drafting one.

- It's been said that the Cowboy don't believe in drafting a safety in 1st round unless they really believe he's a blue chipper.
Last one in sight was Chargers oft-injured All pro Derwin James

-Dunno how much truth it was the rumors of Cowboys considering giving up a 1st rounder for safety Jamal Adams ... but i am glad it did Not happen.

- i only heard rumors around draft time that if..Ed Oliver (Buffalo) ... and Javon Kinlaw were available at Cowboys pick in 1st rd. the club would have
selected them as they were quite high on them. Oddly neither player has really emerged as a real feared " war daddy" force around the league.

Drafting isn't the issue ... it's really Stephen Jones,imo .........Stephen strongly prefers (insists?) on the getting a
decent enuff safety the cheap way ... the " Money Ball " way .. it's like somewhere down the road, someone was able to convince him that
you can get DTs, 1 techs, and safeties later on in the draft ,on the back road rather than as high as a 1st rounder.

Status
Not open for further replies.