CZ POLL What is your confidence level of the Cowboys front office right now?

What is your confidence level of the Cowboys front office right now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Havic

Reaction score
Mostly confident.

I think we have done a tremendous job on the defensive side of the ball. We keep drafting and finding fa gems. We've done OK with TE and WR. We screwed up on the O-line depth and hopefully Maher is good enough. Turpin will be a stud on special teams

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Zero, Jerry has no idea how to put together a football and Stephen is more concerned with the CAP than winning.

We have seen a pattern for a while now where they flat-out ignore major holes and hope "their guys" can step up and it rarely works out.

A blind monkey could tell the offensive line was a huge issue last season, but they stuck with Philbin, and let Collins go. Tyler Smith looks like a nice pick but it wasn't enough.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
Zero seems very reasonable given the talent on this team. Very VERY reasonable.

Sydla

Reaction score
But you leave out how Referees ruin games for teams.

Cowboys have been bit by that too. I think Dez made the catch. Its against the Spirit of the Game to rule that not a catch. Thats a play Romo and Dez work their entire careers to make and referees just take it away with no accountability at all. Happens more time than you will want to admit.

Haha. So now it's also the refs fault too? They are out to get the Cowboys?

It is comical the lengths some of you will go to in order to suck at the teet of Jerry.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
Haha. So now it's also the refs fault too? They are out to get the Cowboys?

It is comical the lengths some of you will go to in order to suck at the teet of Jerry.

I was providing evidence that a good team could get screwed by refs....and people like you will unreasonably blame the teams Front Office.

Thats comical.

Im Slaying you right now.

morat1959

Reaction score
But you leave out how Referees ruin games for teams.

Cowboys have been bit by that too. I think Dez made the catch. Its against the Spirit of the Game to rule that not a catch. Thats a play Romo and Dez work their entire careers to make and referees just take it away with no accountability at all. Happens more time than you will want to admit.
Blaming the refs is a losers mentality.

fishspill

Reaction score
There are some in the FO without the last name Jones, I feel some confidence in them.

Sydla

Reaction score
I was providing evidence that a good team could get screwed by refs....and people like you will unreasonably blame the teams Front Office.

Thats comical.

Im Slaying you right now.

Maybe once. Maybe twice. Every team has those instances. The great ones typically overcome those.

Bad refs don't explain 25 years = 3 playoff wins. But keep trying. What's the next excuse for Jerry?

PS - Let's also note one of those playoff wins was largely because of an official giving us a gift call against Detroit. Funny how that didn't factor into your "evidence".

FanofJerry

Reaction score
And nails your mentality.

Blaming the Front Office and Players is a losers mentality.

Now where are we at?

Attack everyone that isnt using and abusing their players...and especially if they are paying them fairly. Keep projecting your situation on me, lol...youre a great one.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
Acquiring talent through the draft i'm fairly confident in the front office. Improving the rest of the team through free agency and trades, ZERO confidence in this front office.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
What about last years FA acquisitions and this year? People on here were raving about how good our defensive pickups have been? Is that wrong? Or does that not count?

Incoming "but we have holes here and here" argument. Thats fine. Every team does.

Sydla

Reaction score
What about last years FA acquisitions and this year? People on here were raving about how good our defensive pickups have been? Is that wrong? Or does that not count?

Incoming "but we have holes here and here" argument. Thats fine. Every team does.

People were raving about how great Fowler has been, for example? He hasn't even taken a snap in a game either. The Cowboys hit on Kearse and Hooker in FA last year on defense but other than that........... it's been largely nothing but disappointment, failures, JAGs, etc.

I am beginning to wonder if you are just trolling now. No one could argue that the Cowboys are successful at FA.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
No one could argue that this team doesnt have talent either.

So now where are we at?

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I'm in the 2.2%. ELITE!

I look at all of this young talent they have assembled....I don't know how people are upset with what they have done?

Ya'll are upset and we are going to have a great season lol
I think you are over valuing some of the talent we have...

Hoofbite

Reaction score
I'll go somewhat because they seem to do okay with talent acquisition, but boy do they suck at piecing it all together. The LT tackle situation almost puts me at "not confident at all" because who on the planet couldn't have foreseen Tyron missing time? They're basically making LT decisions based on an "eventually he has to make it through a season, right" approach. Not sure anyone thought it would be this early but they should have prepared for the inevitable missed games.

morat1959

Reaction score
Blaming the Front Office and Players is a losers mentality.

Now where are we at?

Attack everyone that isnt using and abusing their players...and especially if they are paying them fairly. Keep projecting your situation on me, lol...youre a great one.
You exemplify what’s wrong with our fan base and this country. You should audition for the biggest loser where everybody is a winner. It’s apparent you’ve never been on a field or court for any type of competition. Is your closet full of participation trophies? Were you first or second chair in the high school band?

Sydla

Reaction score
No one could argue that this team doesnt have talent either.

So now where are we at?

We are at the point where people realize there are some good players on this team but likely not enough to get this team over the hump. The Cowboys have some clear holes that they think they can fill with rookies and JAGs. We'll see if it works out for them in 2022. It hasn't in the past.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
You exemplify what’s wrong with our fan base and this country. You should audition for the biggest loser where everybody is a winner. It’s apparent you’ve never been on a field or court for any type of competition. Is your closet full of participation trophies? Were you first or second chair in the high school band?

Define the rewards for competing instead of keeping it a mystery. I dont want trophies...I want money. And trying to pay me peanuts while increasing inflation aint a game im willing to play.

But PUH-lease...blame the players for everything. Its never the higher ups fault. Projection and propaganda at its finest.

Status
Not open for further replies.