What is your current faith in Dak?

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
1) What is your current faith % in Dak?
2) When did Dak make you a skeptic?
3) When did he lose you?'

For me:
  1. About 5% Faith. Still think he could do something, hope he could. But not going to put ANY money on it.
  2. When did I become skeptical of Dak? After that first San Fran playoff game loss when he ran the ball instead of throwing it, and single-handedly lost the end of the game. What??? That was my first indication something isn't right in his head when it's a clutch game. Or just gets too tight. The Tampa Playoffs domination the next year, and his MVP-esque season last year renewed my hope.
  3. When did he basically lose me? When the lights shined again last year in Playoffs. I know the defense flunked, and just about everyone on the team too, but damn.. that guy is paid the big money to be the leader and get them straight. And I still think he has some type of mental block in the big games.
For some of you the answer may be he hasn't lost you, and that's fine. But seems like most people on this board have gone from 'cautiously optimistic' to 'when pigs fly.' LOL

And... I hope he proves me wrong, wins it all this year or even with a new team if that happens. Always wish the best for these guys but just being real.

[ModEdit]: Placed multiple questions in the post and removed the clutter from the thread title.

Last edited by a moderator:

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
After he got injured and wasnt allowed to do his trademark running that made him a good standout QB
Good one. That's why I renewed hope last year. He was running again AND seems like first time I've ever seen him win that many games, play well, without much of a running game all year, and to be frank, not much of a protection game either later in the year. Sort of like those mid-Romo years before the Tyron/TFred/Zack/DeMarco team came onboard. Hadn't seen him shoulder the load like that yet, so he definitely grew as a QB.

Redline360

Reaction score
While Dak certainly plays a part(most important player part) in all this he however is not the main problem. Starts with Jerry and Stephen

1) Currently have no faith in Dak. Plays a major factor in our post season struggles. Outside of the Bucs game has been atrocious.

2) SF games

3) Last SF game.

Always said from day one he was the product of the talent around him however in the earlier years said he was good enough to drive the bus straight. However over the past couple years I have no faith in him. Hes been disgustly bad in the post season not even keeping us in games .Not worth the contract and we need a new start

_sturt_

Reaction score
1. Current faith... faith that he will... what??? ... and, this is also important... as compared to who???

2. Skeptic that he will... what???

3. Define "lose." (I don't think there's a definition where I qualify, but until I get some specificity there, I can't say for sure.)

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Faith?:facepalm:
Began seeing warts in season 2 as Linehan began leaving him in pocket. He immediately began throwing behind receivers crossing.
No faith after injury, in which he clearly never fully recovered both mentally and physically.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
1. Current faith... faith that he will... what??? ... and, this is also important... as compared to who???

2. Skeptic that he will... what???

3. Define "lose." (I don't think there's a definition where I qualify, but until I get some specificity there, I can't say for sure.)
He is the right QB for a team to win the Super Bowl. All 3 questions. Let you decide what that means - salary cap implications, mobility, clutch, leader, etc....

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
1. 0%. "Some people can't make a six inch putt with everything on the line. There's nothing you can do but remove them from the program." - Jimmy Johnson

2. My first skepticism was seeing how he simply looked below average during Zeke's suspension. That was eye-opening. But my skepticism deepened after I saw the deer in headlights performance in the playoffs last year against SF.

3. I was at 5% going into the SF game this year and afterwards I've been at -25%. I liken it to your child being in the 10th grade and bringing home failing grades and it finally dawning on you that they are not Mensa material.

rambo2

Reaction score
For me:
  1. About 5% Faith. Still think he could do something, hope he could. But not going to put ANY money on it.
  2. When did I become skeptical of Dak? After that first San Fran playoff game loss when he ran the ball instead of throwing it, and single-handedly lost the end of the game. What??? That was my first indication something isn't right in his head when it's a clutch game. Or just gets too tight. The Tampa Playoffs domination the next year, and his MVP-esque season last year renewed my hope.
  3. When did he basically lose me? When the lights shined again last year in Playoffs. I know the defense flunked, and just about everyone on the team too, but damn.. that guy is paid the big money to be the leader and get them straight. And I still think he has some type of mental block in the big games.
For some of you the answer may be he hasn't lost you, and that's fine. But seems like most people on this board have gone from 'cautiously optimistic' to 'when pigs fly.' LOL

And... I hope he proves me wrong, wins it all this year or even with a new team if that happens. Always wish the best for these guys but just being real.
Hard not to have faith after the great year he had with McCarthy running the offense.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Hard not to have faith after the great year he had with McCarthy running the offense.
LOL If he wins the SB this year, you may be the only one left who can say "I told you so."

giphy.gif

starfan1

Reaction score
Whats my faith in the Team? bout 30% when did the team make me a skeptic? about 2011 The team has never lost me I enjoy the ride as im not SB or bust. As much as some want to make it about the QB its not. Its about skelator

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
I consider faith a form of desperation. You don't need faith where you have evidence or results...or you don't require as much of it. Dak's regular season results have nothing to do with his performance in do-or-die playoff games. When you have to believe he can do something he's not done before...this is where faith comes in. I don't want desperate hope...

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
For me:

1. 0% in the playoffs
2. 2021 wildcard loss to the 49ers. He absolutely lost that game.
3. He does the same thing every playoffs and he can’t mentally take being the QB of the Dallas Cowboys.

shabazz

Reaction score
After he got injured and wasnt allowed to do his trademark running that made him a good standout QB
.....my problem was them paying him as an ELITE Qb instead of just a good qb.

And that's more about the FO than about Rayne.

Things could have gone very differently if he was paid commensurate with his ability and we could have waded much deeper in the FA pool