What is your current faith in Dak?

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
That's very true but Jerry's mismanagement of Daks contracts have wasted alot of money over the years.

Stephen consistently blames the cap as the reason for inactivity in Free agency so we really can only look at the players salaries.....and with the QB slotted to count 55 Million against the cap, it has to be mentioned

Again, I don't blame dak or his agent.....this is what you get when an owner is out of his true element.
Dak is being paid, at this point, $29 million dollars between now and the end if the 2024 season. The cap hit in deference to his contract is the result of the Dallas Cowboys’ FO managing his contract. How is that Dak’s fault? He does not make decisions managing player compensation for the Cowboys.

_sturt_

Reaction score
1. Current faith... faith that he will... what??? ... and, this is also important... as compared to who???

2. Skeptic that he will... what???

3. Define "lose." (I don't think there's a definition where I qualify, but until I get some specificity there, I can't say for sure.)

He is the right QB for a team to win the Super Bowl. All 3 questions.

Okay.

1a. Current faith that he is the right QB for a team to win the Super Bowl?

10-20%

1b. Who do I have more faith than 10-20% that he is the right QB for a team to win a Super Bowl?

Mahomes.

That's it. Mahomes.

There are clear and compelling arguments against every other QB in the league right now ever leading his team to a Super Bowl that are about as substantive (not emotionally-driven) as what can be made about Dakota Prescott; notably, some are about durability and age, but nonetheless, substantive.

2. I've never not been a skeptic. Winning a Super Bowl is elite stuff ordinarily in this league. Always has been.

3. See #2 (... I've never been "found" that I could have had a chance to become "lost.")

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Appreciate the Dak fans starting to chime in now. Wanted some good diversity on the results to get a true weight on how majority of fans view him right now.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
I have about 2% faith in Dak. I see flashes of him throwing dimes and executing competent QB play, and then other games where he completely poops his pants. Usually the most important ones. His inconsistency is maddening and he has made a LOT of money beating the hell out of the Commanders, Giants, and middling teams on the schedule.

2016 was a happy accident. After Romo went down, I was thrilled to even be in a position to play Rodgers again in the Divisional Round. It was the 2017 Broncos game where I gave him the side eye. Game was a weather delay, and Denver promptly went back out there and handled him. Vance Joseph mentioned postgame that it was their plan all along to make Dak throw it. We hear it over and over again.

I was completely out after the two Niners playoff losses. Egregiously winnable games. The Packers game this season was bad too, but obviously Mr. Quinn was prepping for coaching interviews rather than preparing his squad.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
1. Current faith... faith that he will... what??? ... and, this is also important... as compared to who???

2. Skeptic that he will... what???

3. Define "lose." (I don't think there's a definition where I qualify, but until I get some specificity there, I can't say for sure.)
No caveats needed. A.nd no devils advocate needed either. You know exactly whats being asked.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
What agenda?
Don't be a conspiracy theorist.
It's possible to not have confidence in Dak and not be a hater.
Go outside and spell the fresh air.
Not everyone wants to play these "You hate Dak-you sniff his jock" trite games.
:lmao: You’re one of the biggest haters here and have been forever.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
He has no RB1 or even 2, lost 2 on his OL with more questions than answers on other spots on the line, and no WR2. I think we know the answer

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For me:
  1. About 5% Faith. Still think he could do something, hope he could. But not going to put ANY money on it.
  2. When did I become skeptical of Dak? After that first San Fran playoff game loss when he ran the ball instead of throwing it, and single-handedly lost the end of the game. What??? That was my first indication something isn't right in his head when it's a clutch game. Or just gets too tight. The Tampa Playoffs domination the next year, and his MVP-esque season last year renewed my hope.
  3. When did he basically lose me? When the lights shined again last year in Playoffs. I know the defense flunked, and just about everyone on the team too, but damn.. that guy is paid the big money to be the leader and get them straight. And I still think he has some type of mental block in the big games.
For some of you the answer may be he hasn't lost you, and that's fine. But seems like most people on this board have gone from 'cautiously optimistic' to 'when pigs fly.' LOL

And... I hope he proves me wrong, wins it all this year or even with a new team if that happens. Always wish the best for these guys but just being real.
If you hope he proves you wrong, he hasn't lost you. Some around here would rather he continues losing big games, so they don't have to admit that they were proven wrong.

As for me, I'll keep having faith in him as long as he is on our team. The minute he's gone, I won't give him another thought.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I have more faith in Dak after this past season than I had before.
He is not Superman. He had a great year when too much was expected from him because we had no run game. I especially hate that we had no power game that could grind even 3 yards and keep the offense on schedule.

I don’t expect any QB to carry a team on his shoulders to a championship. Mahomes came close this year with a challenging WR group, but he had a power run game that was a threat and made defenses defend it. He had the best TE of this era and a head coach who wouldn’t allow teams to take him out of the game. Mahomes is close to Superman, but we saw him flounder and fail the year his OL was weak. KC fixed it in one offseason.

I do not put Dak in the elite group of QBs regarding talent, but I have no doubt that he would be successful in the SF, Detroit, Philly, and KC offenses. Only Josh Allen has a chance with what’s gone on in Buffalo.

It’s been a long time since Dak blew it when the team played well. I don’t know if he’s ever played great when the team played awful. That tells me that he can excel and when a SB, just like Roger and Troy did. I never saw those guys excell when their team played poorly either. If you want a QB that can take the team on his shoulders and carry the team to victory against the best teams even when his team is outplayed like in the GB game, then it makes sense that you’ve given up on Dak. Good luck waiting for that QB.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
For me:
  1. About 5% Faith. Still think he could do something, hope he could. But not going to put ANY money on it.
  2. When did I become skeptical of Dak? After that first San Fran playoff game loss when he ran the ball instead of throwing it, and single-handedly lost the end of the game. What??? That was my first indication something isn't right in his head when it's a clutch game. Or just gets too tight. The Tampa Playoffs domination the next year, and his MVP-esque season last year renewed my hope.
  3. When did he basically lose me? When the lights shined again last year in Playoffs. I know the defense flunked, and just about everyone on the team too, but damn.. that guy is paid the big money to be the leader and get them straight. And I still think he has some type of mental block in the big games.
For some of you the answer may be he hasn't lost you, and that's fine. But seems like most people on this board have gone from 'cautiously optimistic' to 'when pigs fly.' LOL

And... I hope he proves me wrong, wins it all this year or even with a new team if that happens. Always wish the best for these guys but just being real.
- 0%
- during his college "career"
- never lost me because i never believed in him

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
When his rookie contract expired and there were no decent results in the post season.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
He may suck. But please stop acting like this front office would add players if not for his salary. He was on a rookie deal and they did not add players.
That is no what the question was. It was what % of faith does one have in Dak. Also the front office sucking doesn't mean that Dak does not suck. They both can suck and currently they both suck. Not sure why one can't say that Dak sucks when he sucks without butt hurt individuals like you running out to defend his suckage.

Mr_437

Reaction score
I had suspicions that became fact after the home playoff loss to SF, people tried to blame Coop but I knew. Since then it's holding true to form.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
GIkJLZpaQAEADsw.jpg

This right here is why you don't make Dak Prescott the highest payed anything in the NFL. When it comes down to it he isn't going to beat anyone with his arm. When the team needs him to win a game with his passing he does what he does best - CRAPPING THE BED.

CWR

Reaction score
I still don't believe he is the problem.

That said he's not good enough to overcome our inability to run or stop the run.

It's time to turn the page from this version of the Cowboys and try again. Hard to have any faith though, with the idiots running this team.

_sturt_

Reaction score
No caveats needed. A.nd no devils advocate needed either. You know exactly whats being asked.
Gotta just love the mind readers around here that keep us all honest. Yes?

But nah, Steve, it's never wrong to ask for some clarification. "Seek first to understand, then to be understood." You can quote me on that. Well, yeah, Covey, too, but you have to just know he got all of his 7 habits from me. ;)

_sturt_

Reaction score
Appreciate the Dak fans starting to chime in now. Wanted some good diversity on the results to get a true weight on how majority of fans view him right now.
Less a fan of Dak, more a fan of pragmatism. There simply are no exceptionally better options out there. To seek out another option is just trading one set of concerns for an approximately equal set of concerns... at best.