What is your favorite Cowboy's Moment/Memory?

Motorola

Reaction score
The 1st SB championship 1971
Big Monkey off our backs getting that first one after so many near misses !
Super Bowl VI. After years of being "Next Year's Champions"-- Meredith's last gasp interception against the Packers, The Ice Bowl, The Great Cleveland Disasters, and that goofy Super Bowl V--it was glorious to finally win it.
The ending of that game:
Tom Landry - wearing his Iconic Fedora - plus the trenchcoat.
As the last seconds ticked off the clock...the Head Coach standing there with eyes closed, and prayer hands...then the starter gun sounded- you could feel his joy and relief through the TV.
Then - his players immediately lifted him on their shoulders.
That film clip of him - with Bob Hayes, Rayfield Wright, and Mel Renfro - in the throes of jubilation.

I was 14 years old at the time. Jumping up and down, yelling.

Last edited:

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
First Super Bowl win for the 90's Dynasty Team. Just a fun day. In no time at all, they were whipping arse and scoring at will. Cheering on all these guys racking it up, including ol' Leon who tried his best. Was fun to cheer on so many touchdowns. The tough nervous wreck game was SF, this was just icing on the cake and a party game!

Emmitt getting his rushing yardage record was pretty special, even if it was a loss.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
The ending of that game:
Tom Landry - wearing his Iconic Fedora - plus the trenchcoat.
As the last seconds ticked off the clock...the Head Coach standing there with eyes closed, and prayer hands...then the starter gun sounded- you could feel his joy and relief through the TV.
Then - his players immediately lifted him on their shoulders.
That film clip of him - with Bob Hayes, Rayfield Wright, and Mel Renfro - in the throes of jubilation.

I was 14 years old at the time. Jumping up and down, yelling.
Good times indeed!

Bugsy12

Reaction score
After being a fan for 47 years it was not easy to narrow it down, but here is mine:

For me it was the 1978 Cowboy's SB victory over the Bronco's.

I was a brokenhearted kid after the Cowboys lost to the Squealers in the 1976 SB, my first season as a Cowboy's fan.

For us to win it all in such a dominating fashion was so, so sweet !

So here is a chance for a positive slow offseason thread !

Whatcha got ???
I have to pick two: one was when E. Smith separated his shoulder in a NFC East clinching game in freezing Giants stadium with a Herculean performance. The other is when they beat the Steelers in the super bowl. Sweet revenge for two losses and I absolutely knew that we wouldn’t be back for a while (no idea that it would be this long), so I really enjoyed that win.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Roger Staubach to Tony Hill to win the game 35-34 against the Football Team to cap the regular season. I yelled so loudly I almost passed out. This was back in the day of the best rivalry in all of sports and the Football Team left heartbroken.
Exactly. Knocked THEM out of a chance to get a playoff spot....We went 11-5 that year. We were 12-4 the year previous.

Motorola

Reaction score
We've had a least a half dozen memorable moments on Thanksgiving Day alone!!

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
I will never forget this play. In 1975, Dallas Cowboys quarterback Roger Staubach popularized the term "Hail Mary" to describe his miracle, winning touchdown pass to fellow Pro Football Hall of Famer Drew Pearson in a playoff game against the Minnesota Vikings.

HappyOnions

Datwin
Reaction score
I was 8 years old the last time Dallas played in a Super Bowl... I don't even really recall being a fan until about 2000-2001

But anyway, in no particular order:

Nothing good happened between 2000-2004... At least nothing worth talking about...

2005 @ Philly. Roy Williams with the game winning pick six!

2007 @ Buffalo. Romo threw five interceptions and we still won. Nick Folk was the hero that day; successfully executed the onside kick, and kicked two game winners from 50+ (Buffalo coach iced him on the first attempt)

2009 @ New Orleans: The Saints were 13-0 and no one gave us a chance. We ended up winning thanks to big help from the defense, Romo, and Miles Austin.

2009: Wild Card vs Philly: Romo finally gets the playoff monkey off his back.

2014 @ Seattle: another game that no one gave us a chance in and it started off ugly; a blocked punt for a TD, but thanks to a ridiculous 3rd and 20 conversion, DeMarco Murray, and Rolando McClain of all people, we pulled off the upset.

2016 @ Pittsburgh: Zeke's best game as a pro, in my opinion. The entire game was wild, but when Zeke broke away for the winning TD, it was heavenly... Always nice to beat the Steelers.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oh, wow. So many to choose from...
Their first Super Bowl win was so satisfying. No longer were they 'Next Year's Champions."
Staubach had become the starter, Doomsday Defense was established, and it was a thrashing!

Motorola

Reaction score
Became a fan watching the ‘79 Super Bowl against the Steelers. Had to wait until late the following season for my first big thrill as a fan: White to Pearson for the win against the Falcons, 30-27.
Living in the ATL at that time (still do) --- the city's favorite nicknames back then was "Hotlanta" and "The Big Peach".

Year after year, decade after decade - that Dallas win in the playoffs divisional round over Atlanta was ALWAYS rated by Falcons fans and the sports media here as the most gut-wrenching, heartbreaking loss ever (until 28-3 happened).

mrmojo

Reaction score
The 92 NFC Championship game, we were a year ahead.....totally unexpected.

1979 Rogers last regular season game......the 4th qtr was electric.....you could see why Roger was the heart and soul of the team.

The Hail Mary game....again totally unexpected...and a week later just beating the he** out of the Rams...