What is your favorite Cowboy's Moment/Memory?

plasticman

Reaction score
Super Bowl VI

There's nothing like your first championship.

Specifically, it was Chuck Howley's INT and 40 yard return followed by Staubach's TD pass to Mike Ditka that sealed the deal

Freakin' Howley had nobody in front of him and, after running for 40 yards, he dropped in pure exhaustion. Keep in mind that the Cowboys had a reputation for finding imaginative ways to lose championship games.

I was so relieved that Staubach found Ditka for that 4th quarter TD. It erased all the talk about the Cowboys not being able to win "The Big One".

bigE79

Reaction score
After being a fan for 47 years it was not easy to narrow it down, but here is mine:

For me it was the 1978 Cowboy's SB victory over the Bronco's.

I was a brokenhearted kid after the Cowboys lost to the Squealers in the 1976 SB, my first season as a Cowboy's fan.

For us to win it all in such a dominating fashion was so, so sweet !

So here is a chance for a positive slow offseason thread !

Whatcha got ???
I go back as far as you,but being from Pittsburgh,I gotta say winning sb 30 has got to top my list,I was so friggin happy.

blueblood70

Reaction score
far too many to choose one..last great memory's keeping it more recent

• 1996 larry brown 2 ints sealed the last sb, wow defense whats that...?
  • romo throws 5 ints and still beats Buffalo
  • romo nearly out duels manning with both over 500yards and a lot of scores..
  • Dak Getting that playoff win against the seahawks in 18 , improbable we make the playoffs starting 3-5 and win playoff game but of course fans upset over rams game dismissing how we could have not even been in the 2nd round.
  • the way we beat NE on the road walk off type ot win last season, great game of course fans here upset we didnt win more playoff games.so they dismiss the entire season 12-5 was all against bad teams ok even thought this game happened, beat the chargers , stopped win streaks of the wfts , panthers, and eagles, and other nice wins but umm ok..the 7-1 start was impressive regardless of what fans here think..look at the point differential says it was more impressive then most think. yes a disappointing playoff game but there was a lot of positives that came from last season.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I watched Tony go for 99 yards
So many memories but I was going to put this one out there as well. It was on a B\W television pulling in a signal from a distant station. I generally had to fool with the antenna & hope weather was favorable to pull in MNF at all. Running back & forth from manually turning the pole mounted antenna to the living room to see what the picture was like.

Going nuts in disbelief as Tony floated down the field while trying not to be too loud.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
White to Pearson for the win against the Falcons, 30-27.
I was thinking this had to be around '79. I was about to do a search before posting.

This & Tony's 99 yarder are two of the early memories that created hero's in my mind.

This game was so intense. Probably the first game where I ever had that roller coaster ride that ended in the huge win. Company came over with like 5 minutes left to go in the game. I can't remember if they let me keep the game on because they saw how into it I was or if I "selectively" stalled turning it off. Either way, I got to see the end and remember the rush coursing thru my veins for hours.

shabazz

Reaction score
Of course all the SB wins are the best, but I really remember the nfc championship game in 94 when the Cowboys rallied desperately to try to come back from that big early deficit

It's the one game where they really let aikmann air it out without regard to the running game.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Of course all the SB wins are the best, but I really remember the nfc championship game in 94 when the Cowboys rallied desperately to try to come back from that big early deficit

It's the one game where they really let aikmann air it out without regard to the running game.
We really missed Jimmy in that game.
Still think if he had been the HC
We would have won 4 straight SBs

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We really missed Jimmy in that game.
Still think if he had been the HC
We would have won 4 straight SBs

I think Jimmy could have had this team in the super bowl through 1998 if you consider the defensive gems he was finding in the draft for Miami during a time Jerry could barely find a starter. I'm talking about Sam Madison, Patrick Surtain, Zach Thomas, and Jason Taylor. You shuffle those guys into the defense and this teams goes as long as the triplets can play.

Hardline

Reaction score
After being a fan for 47 years it was not easy to narrow it down, but here is mine:

For me it was the 1978 Cowboy's SB victory over the Bronco's.

I was a brokenhearted kid after the Cowboys lost to the Squealers in the 1976 SB, my first season as a Cowboy's fan.

For us to win it all in such a dominating fashion was so, so sweet !

So here is a chance for a positive slow offseason thread !

Whatcha got ???

This is mine as well.
Landry was the first coach in Super Bowl history to be carried off the field after a victory.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I think Jimmy could have had this team in the super bowl through 1998 if you consider the defensive gems he was finding in the draft for Miami during a time Jerry could barely find a starter. I'm talking about Sam Madison, Patrick Surtain, Zach Thomas, and Jason Taylor. You shuffle those guys into the defense and this teams goes as long as the triplets can play.

It's a shame!

If there was no salary cap and Jerry/Jimmy split what the records we could have set!!!!!!!