What is your favorite Cowboy's Moment/Memory?

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
The "triplets" first Super Bowl win over Buffalo!!! I was an "adult" then, and could better enjoy the moment than the previous Super Bowl wins!! :p

Yeah, i agree...that first SB in the 90's.....knowing the team was young and about to establish a dynasty....who would have thought it was gonna be short lived with Jimmy leaving. But yeah, that was amazing.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Way too many, but would be between the SB 12 win, as well the entire 1992 season. Specifically the NFCCG and SB 27 games.

2 games we were supposed to lose, but yet we took out SF, in SF, and then Buffalo.
I remember they asked Jimmy coming out in the 2nd half, about Buffalo being known for big comeback wins, like against Houston....Jimmy just said...We ain't Houston....

SB 12, as I was in college, and a friend was a Denver fan. His family just moved from Denver at the start of the season. His dad was transferred. This was in Ohio.
He was talking crap about how Denver was going to beat Dallas. We had a pool, $10 a square, plus he and I had a side bet for 5 beers.

Not only did Dallas win, but I got 5 beers and won the pool. And a Dallas SB win.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I started shaking and crying like a little girl after this playoff clincher.

Fouts is a hater. That was basically an accepted type f block back then. They rarely called that. For him to call it a cheap shot was low.

Rayman70

Reaction score
The Falcon playoff game in 1980 also....Danny and Drew were so clutch.....loudest crowd I ever heard cheering against us...
man that throw and Catch Danny and Drew did..we forget Danny got us 3 NFC Title games. He just never had the team around him 2 get him that elusive ring.

SinceDayOne

Reaction score
The 1971 season. First SB championship. Watching the team rise from the very bottom starting in 1960 to become the very best in 11 short years. The start of the "America's Team" era. I sure do miss those glory days before Jerry Jones took control of making roster and coaching decisions.

Rayman70

Reaction score
The 1971 season. First SB championship. Watching the team rise from the very bottom starting in 1960 to become the very best in 11 short years. The start of the "America's Team" era. I sure do miss those glory days before Jerry Jones took control of making roster and coaching decisions.
was that the Bob Lilly game where he sacked Griese for a HUGE loss?

mrmojo

Reaction score
man that throw and Catch Danny and Drew did..we forget Danny got us 3 NFC Title games. He just never had the team around him 2 get him that elusive ring.
The defense started to fade after Harris, DD, Waters, Barnes, retired and Henderson was let go. Walls and Downs helped but the trenches got older. The offense was still potent, just didn't have that Roger magic.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
After being a fan for 47 years it was not easy to narrow it down, but here is mine:

For me it was the 1978 Cowboy's SB victory over the Bronco's.

I was a brokenhearted kid after the Cowboys lost to the Squealers in the 1976 SB, my first season as a Cowboy's fan.

For us to win it all in such a dominating fashion was so, so sweet !

So here is a chance for a positive slow offseason thread !

Whatcha got ???
Aikman to Harper. Tough to top that one for me.

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The two times we beat Buddy Ryan, just wish he would have hung around for 2 or 3 more years "but he got his big fat butt" out of philly before we and Jimmy could get real revenge on him

Last edited:

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
Funny thing is, I am the youngest in my family and the only football fan. I used to stay up and listen to MNF on my radio with my day yelling, "turn that crap off"
I watched Tony go for 99 yards on my little 6" black and white TV and tried to keep my excitement in check.....my dad would have whooped me if I woke him up, since he had to be at work early. Great memories.....my favorite football memory is seeing my dad's face after I won my first playoff game in front of 12k fans. It was the first time he ever saw me play or coach. He had no idea how cool it was. He never missed another game,....

True fan Mr.Ranching! LOL

Good to hear , good times with your Dad.

This may be a bit controversial, but of course back in those days we all know what a whooping was, but kids these days don’t have a clue. They are being coddled a bit too much. I know there has been abuse cases, neglect parenting etc. but our generation did turn out ok , Isn’t it ?

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
True fan Mr.Ranching! LOL

Good to hear , good times with your Dad.

This may be a bit controversial, but of course back in those days we all know what a whooping was, but kids these days don’t have a clue. They are being coddled a bit too much. I know there has been abuse cases, neglect parenting etc. but our generation did turn out ok , Isn’t it ?
He taught me the value of hard work and respect....I wouldn't have had it any other way. He never really whooped me, but the threat that he could was enough for me. Lol, that and his giant hands with a size 19 ring! He's 87 and I see him everyday.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thats like asking who was your favorite wife? Wait....sorry dear. Not my fav but forever burnt into my brain .....the icebowl

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Good point,
I still like both plays so we are good !
BTW, I was speaking of the hail Mary pass play in 1975
You would have been 4 years old.
Your parents did a great job getting you started young !
LLOOLL

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
He taught me the value of hard work and respect....I wouldn't have had it any other way. He never really whooped me, but the threat that he could was enough for me. Lol, that and his giant hands with a size 19 ring! He's 87 and I see him everyday.
Great stuff !

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
After being a fan for 47 years it was not easy to narrow it down, but here is mine:

For me it was the 1978 Cowboy's SB victory over the Bronco's.

I was a brokenhearted kid after the Cowboys lost to the Squealers in the 1976 SB, my first season as a Cowboy's fan.

For us to win it all in such a dominating fashion was so, so sweet !

So here is a chance for a positive slow offseason thread !

Whatcha got ???

The day they announced that Garrett was getting fired!!

rags747

Reaction score
When Jerry bought the team. Why, because the rumor was that he would bring in Jimmy as coach. The Cowboys were a broken fading franchise at the time, I knew that this would inject new blood and that Miami Hurricane attitude would be front and center shortly. Great time to be a Cowboy fan.