What kind of dog and or pets do you have?

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Red Nosed Pit
We had another mixed dog but she had to be put down a few months ago.

So now we just have our Dobby.

We got him from the shelter.
Someone had dropped him off in their Dumpster when they find him malnourished, undersized and full of fleas. Said they did not think he would live.

He is the only dog we have had over the years that has never got overweight or flat out fat.

When he was young and we first got him he was full of injury and looked funny because his ears would stay straight up in the air (not docked) until a few months passed and they finally
folded down like a normal pit.

With his ears looking so big and his crazy playful manner he reminded us of Dobby the house elf from Harry Potter.

And even though he is an older dog now with grey hairs starting to cover his face...he is still skinny and full of energy for an older dog.

Maybe I will post some pictures of him later after I get home.

I used to keep a few pictures on my phone to basically shock other people. As a joke I would have a couple pictures of each dog pooping. Then I would tell people...here are pictures of my dogs and they were not expecting them
in that position...funny to watch the reactions. haha

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Red Nosed Pit
We had another mixed dog but she had to be put down a few months ago.

So now we just have our Dobby.

We got him from the shelter.
Someone had dropped him off in their Dumpster when they find him malnourished, undersized and full of fleas. Said they did not think he would live.

He is the only dog we have had over the years that has never got overweight or flat out fat.

When he was young and we first got him he was full of injury and looked funny because his ears would stay straight up in the air (not docked) until a few months passed and they finally
folded down like a normal pit.

With his ears looking so big and his crazy playful manner he reminded us of Dobby the house elf from Harry Potter.

And even though he is an older dog now with grey hairs starting to cover his face...he is still skinny and full of energy for an older dog.

Maybe I will post some pictures of him later after I get home.

I used to keep a few pictures on my phone to basically shock other people. As a joke I would have a couple pictures of each dog pooping. Then I would tell people...here are pictures of my dogs and they were not expecting them
in that position...funny to watch the reactions. haha
Milo, the Jack. is getting old too. Face is almost pure gray.......Going on 13.

He still moves and runs well in the field but I've noticed that in the mornings after no movement all night, it's taking a little while to get his motor running. He limps for his first few steps.

Poor fella..........

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Indeed, Seven! The $2g's is gonna sting, but you can't put a price on a best little (furry) buddy :)

Just a tip,

I did it twice!

You can save A LOT of money and come out way ahead and get a really great dog!

I bought a Pomeranian/Peckingnese puppy mix for $350 for my dad/parents... their corgi/shepherd mix had died after 18 great long years. I saved atleast half.

I bought our Throwback Pomeranian puppy for $700. These puppies can range from $1,700 to $3000.

The possible benefits:

1. Some people buy an expensive dog, pay for all the shots and accessories and then they can't keep it.
(Not my case either times)

2. Some people are really looking for a good home when their dog has created a litter.
For parents Pom/Pek - she was last pup of 5. Needed a good home.
For Throw/Pom - he was litter of one. The couple were great people who couldn't have 2 dogs in their condo.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Wife has two Chi's......both are small but one is a porker and the other is skinny. They grew on me over time :laugh:

We plan to get a Klee Kai or Huskey soon.

Laurel and Hardy? :)

klee, husky, those types are beauties.

We wanted to get a pomski... bread to be small husky looking dogs.
Started at $3,500 for ones that were done right and genetically balanced correctly.

Seven

Reaction score
You know what. I have had them all my adult life and only had one that was ugly. Have 4 presently...all sweet as sugar with people. I wouldn't have an ugly dog around. l have heard the stories and understand your concerns. I keep them around here for the intimidation factor. People are afraid of them and that can be a good thing.

Yah. I DO think pits get a bad rap and I firmly believe it is mostly because people have ruined them.

My story:

We were on our daily walk with him, (Dallas was his name).......had to walk him every day cause he was FULL of energy.......and an old man was walking towards us on the path. I moved to the side and had Dallas sit. When the old man got close, still on the path and about 10 feet away, Dallas attacked him. Completely unprovoked. He was literally sitting there, licking my face.

If I hadn't been able to pull him away it would've been much worse .It happened so fast and I was definitely NOT expecting that. Punctured the man's knee and butt.

The county we live in has a zero tolerance approach with pit bulls. They took him away. They quarantine them for 10 days and decide whether or not he's adoptable.

And no, I wasn't able to return and adopt him. When the city comes and gets them you have to sign them away TO the city. They own him at that point.

The whole ordeal sucked...............

EDIT: Aren't I just ray of sunshine......... ;)

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Yah. I DO think pits get a bad rap and I firmly believe it is mostly because people have ruined them.

My story:

We were on our daily walk with him, (Dallas was his name).......had to walk him every day cause he was FULL of energy.......and an old man was walking towards us on the path. I moved to the side and had Dallas sit. When the old man got close, still on the path and about 10 feet away, Dallas attacked him. Completely unprovoked. He was literally sitting there, licking my face.

If I hadn't been able to pull him away it would've been much worse .It happened so fast and I was definitely NOT expecting that. Punctured the man's knee and butt.

The county we live in has a zero tolerance approach with pit bulls. They took him away. They quarantine them for 10 days and decide whether or not he's adoptable.

And no, I wasn't able to return and adopt him. When the city comes and gets them you have to sign them away TO the city. They own him at that point.

The whole ordeal sucked...............
That's very unfortunate, Seven. Sorry to hear that, both for you and the pup, and the gentleman that was bitten.

APBT are gorgeous dogs. When raised right, they are teddy bears.

DFWJC

Reaction score
We got a "rescue dog" two years ago on my son's birthday.
It's a Blue Heeler/German Shepherd mix (all his siblings were brown and black so this guy stood out and got chosen by my son. :). He got it as a puppy.
10869730_10205366458383245_4219099907729251326_o.jpg

..not so little anymore. Great dog.
We also have a bearded dragon and a couple of aquariums.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cuties, BP! Gorgeous Red Nose APBT. LOVE the smile on the pup on the right :)

Shiki, the shepherd mix, had to be put down a few months ago.

She was my girly. For years we thought she was just fat, and to be fair she was overweight, but it turns out it was a huge tumor in her belly growing the last so many years. It was too late when we found out but on the x ray pictures it was as big as if you put both of your fists together and put it in a dogs stomach. Poor thing. But she is no longer in pain.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Shiki, the shepherd mix, had to be put down a few months ago.

She was my girly. For years we thought she was just fat, and to be fair she was overweight, but it turns out it was a huge tumor in her belly growing the last so many years. It was too late when we found out but on the x ray pictures it was as big as if you put both of your fists together and put it in a dogs stomach. Poor thing. But she is no longer in pain.
I'm so sorry to hear that for your Shiki. She looks so happy in that picture. You're right, no more pain for her.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
It's a Blue Heeler/German Shepherd mix (all his siblings were brown and black so this guy stood out and got chosen by my son. :). He got it as a puppy.

Cutie pie puppy, JC :)

Seven

Reaction score

Two remotes, a puppy and the couch all to themselves..................Ahhhhh, life is good.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Puppies are the best. That one is looking like it is deciding on which remote to tear up lol.