What kind of dog and or pets do you have?

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I have a mini-Aussie named Turbo. He's a good little dog.

I had a Samoyed named Glacier but we just had to put her down this last Monday. She was a damn good dog and had an amazing pure little soul. It's been a tough week for me and my family.

I apologize, didn't mean to come in here with a downer post/energy but I wanted to talk about her. I'll think about her for the rest of my life. :)

I want to get Turbo a friend but I'm not sure I'm ready for that yet.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Thank you very much!;)

There are a few other kids in the house though, all rescues.

Rebel..........3 yr old chocolate Lab who is very lovable but dumb as a box of rocks.
Squirty Lou..........3 yr old terrier mix who is perhaps the orneriest dog ive ever seen
Jet...............6 yr old min pen, Chihuahua mix who is loyal to the bone but quite bossy.

Thanks again!.
I read your thread. It kinda moved me.....
What a great thread! I have just sat here for an hour reading the whole thing. Loved all of your stories and pics of your pets. Except I can't see any of Ranching's pics for some reason, probably the way my laptop is set up or something. lol. I'm so sorry for those of you who have lost the little ones you love, I believe our pets are family and the ache of losing one can last a lifetime. I still cry over our cat Vlad, who died in 2012, and still dream about my two dogs from my childhood. :(

We have two fur babies now.
Jesse James, 12 lb. pure Pomeranian, the last of his litter of three, the only boy, and the very last pup his mother ever had. For some reason, he grew to twice the size of both his parents, I guess he is a throwback. He was born on Dec. 4 '09, it had snowed that day, which is very rare in South Texas, so we call him our Snow Baby. No one else wanted him, and his breeder was worried with what she was going to do with him. I saw him and fell in love, and couldn't understand why no one would want him. We adopted him in March 2010, and I credit him with saving my life during the darkest time I had ever known, coming to terms with losing my mother, father, and sister all in a year's time. He is now 7 years old, but is just as bubbly and goofy as he ever was. Oh, and he also eats Rib eye steaks, bbq, taco meat, basically whatever we have he has. lol. He also loves frozen beer, cat food, cheese, ice cream, and crunchy vegetables, too. He's my baby.:)

Ruby (aka Countess Rubetta, Squeaky, Bonita, Little Guiyl), a 5 lb. black furry midget cat. She wondered up onto our property back in 2006 with a gaping hole in her neck, trying to catch bugs to survive. She was starving and full of infection. We rushed her to the vet, who saved her life, and she has been with us ever since. They determined she was a year old. She only responded to Spanish at first, which was fun because I had someone to practice my Spanish on, lol. She is 11 years old now, but is still feisty as hell and can still race up trees when she wants to. lol. She lives mostly inside because number one, she owns the place, lol, and number two, we are afraid she will be swept up by an owl because she is so small. She hates real seafood, but loves it in a cat can. She loves to sniff beer, but won't drink it. lol. She also likes to lick the glue off tape for some weird reason, and if you throw a plastic bag on the floor, it's an hours long party for her. She's a total trip! :p
Very, very nice, kimrose. Thanks for the share.

Seven

Reaction score
I have a mini-Aussie named Turbo. He's a good little dog.

I had a Samoyed named Glacier but we just had to put her down this last Monday. She was a damn good dog and had an amazing pure little soul. It's been a tough week for me and my family.

I apologize, didn't mean to come in here with a downer post/energy but I wanted to talk about her. I'll think about her for the rest of my life. :)

I want to get Turbo a friend but I'm not sure I'm ready for that yet.
No apology necessary my man. This was kinda why the thread was started.

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
I've got a Wheaten terrier. Looking to hear from Boxer owners if anybody has one and loves/hates him.
I have a Boxer and a Pit and a Corgi/Heeler mix.

The Boxer is a fantastic dog. He is super sweet and great with my grandbaby. They all are really. The Boxer was very hyper as a pup and chewed up some furniture but he has settled down now. Very good dogs.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Recently got this little guy.

https://lh3.***BROKEN***/gNDQZkYoNuPsTM15odPYbp0y4NSTRYZGrnHuBG65y5h0bThhSPRmv5rWOVhRRTe6Z3Iyt-EuCSd-gOW2t7KAVRLouIJaPNvcx6ml44DNanDkLYqD_ZCXVRp2kUQC8eKJxBqmV3d2uW50KDCcUWQjhVgI6SI13ZumjxSoCjxSU7a2PgphtMXMIXO-SxRoE71lKQLPkOUsjDOgCW6Yfn8C7o1TnKhPc7ROLsatQ-NhblMyPEKS1fcG3PuYbWarL6FzSTHPMyFDfoLhYJlnE3oo6Jsr0ANA3g0mhIZxOcx6Py5hA5JpX86yRpq0wrLAYiwZrVl-euJ0duVsxCWhWXy2pU_Ya2Om7RLYI-C7XcZyaRlGK-d38H5CXGIkLyQVz_z1eqLilgQaR3FkxPmtu5TEj3xGXnpoSSKeIpkWvzyaFd12RF1C2-ITNPwcev172guuGQmTEvSJTtdqWYldmOadKqYARzoALZiygw26BySBQPTnXnm_fslBereVXc7Wp7Phix8UXLNqaXk8reEhN5gIqPFXfEe8xmLqj8P2DPKBjwQ5W9uXNFDjByLJJNlkIV8_fil2_iZZQ2Y_FoKKiqZLXDeqI2b8gOGhN1K8rRYuRXXm2rYHU7a0=w704-h937-no

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have a Boxer and a Pit and a Corgi/Heeler mix.

The Boxer is a fantastic dog. He is super sweet and great with my grandbaby. They all are really. The Boxer was very hyper as a pup and chewed up some furniture but he has settled down now. Very good dogs.

Pretty much exactly what every boxer owner has said. I'm thinking a 2-3 yo rescue boxer at this point, but the wife wants a puppy because she thinks it'll be easier to get attached to an ugly dog if we get it as a puppy. I want to skip the 'eats my furniture' stage.

Thanks for the input.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
I looked at ranger (on the left?)
I thought of that George Jones song " old dogs and children,,, and,,watermelon wine".

I hadn't heard that song in forty+ years since my father used to fire up the record player on a rainy Sunday afternoon. Didn't even remember it until I heard it. The dogs know it pretty well now since I learned the cords and sang it to them a dozen times yesterday adding it to the campfire repertoire.

Old dogs care about you even when you make a mistake,
God bless little children while they're still to young to hate.

Cheers

Seven

Reaction score
Pretty much exactly what every boxer owner has said. I'm thinking a 2-3 yo rescue boxer at this point, but the wife wants a puppy because she thinks it'll be easier to get attached to an ugly dog if we get it as a puppy. I want to skip the 'eats my furniture' stage.

Thanks for the input.

Was my thought exactly when we picked up Max from the shelter.

A little over a year old and has chewed my stuff minimally. (No furniture) House broken. All that stuff.

Seven

Reaction score

https://lh3.***BROKEN***/gNDQZkYoNuPsTM15odPYbp0y4NSTRYZGrnHuBG65y5h0bThhSPRmv5rWOVhRRTe6Z3Iyt-EuCSd-gOW2t7KAVRLouIJaPNvcx6ml44DNanDkLYqD_ZCXVRp2kUQC8eKJxBqmV3d2uW50KDCcUWQjhVgI6SI13ZumjxSoCjxSU7a2PgphtMXMIXO-SxRoE71lKQLPkOUsjDOgCW6Yfn8C7o1TnKhPc7ROLsatQ-NhblMyPEKS1fcG3PuYbWarL6FzSTHPMyFDfoLhYJlnE3oo6Jsr0ANA3g0mhIZxOcx6Py5hA5JpX86yRpq0wrLAYiwZrVl-euJ0duVsxCWhWXy2pU_Ya2Om7RLYI-C7XcZyaRlGK-d38H5CXGIkLyQVz_z1eqLilgQaR3FkxPmtu5TEj3xGXnpoSSKeIpkWvzyaFd12RF1C2-ITNPwcev172guuGQmTEvSJTtdqWYldmOadKqYARzoALZiygw26BySBQPTnXnm_fslBereVXc7Wp7Phix8UXLNqaXk8reEhN5gIqPFXfEe8xmLqj8P2DPKBjwQ5W9uXNFDjByLJJNlkIV8_fil2_iZZQ2Y_FoKKiqZLXDeqI2b8gOGhN1K8rRYuRXXm2rYHU7a0=w704-h937-no

What a Ham!! ;)

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Was my thought exactly when we picked up Max from the shelter.

A little over a year old and has chewed my stuff minimally. (No furniture) House broken. All that stuff.

Yeah. I've got a really expensive leather couch that I love and my wife hates that looks pretty chewable. I could just see her spilling peanut butter on it and blaming it on the puppy.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score

Choosing
Between the words: 'inquisitive' and 'devious' I'll go with devious to describe that look:lmao2:

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
I looked at ranger (on the left?)
I thought of that George Jones song " old dogs and children,,, and,,watermelon wine".

Old dogs, children and watermelon wine was a Tom T Hall tune not George Jones. My pops dragged the family to a Tom T Hall concert I had to be all of 12-13 yrs old. Tom T said it was the worst crowd hes ever seen and was never coming back.:laugh:

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Old dogs, children and watermelon wine was a Tom T Hall tune not George Jones. My pops dragged the family to a Tom T Hall concert I had to be all of 12-13 yrs old. Tom T said it was the worst crowd hes ever seen and was never coming back.:laugh:
:lmao::lmao2::lmao:
COPY THAT! thanks for the correction, friend.
I'm not that big of country music fan,but I remember parts of the songs I like and George was first in the memory banks,,, I had an older girl friend who snagged 'free' tickets to a John Anderson gig in Kentucky, he was just starting out, bet there wasn't 200 people there.

morasp

Reaction score
I had always had golden retrievers but this last time we adopted a flat coated retriever from animal rescue. I have to say that I didn't know much about them at the time but they are my new favorite breed . If you're looking for a best friend look no further.