What kind of season do you see Jarwin having in 2020?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
If there were a 2nd TE that would get a fair number of receiving yards up I might agree, but he will really be the only receiving threat at TE, so I think this is reasonable.

Its the 6 TD's that I think are a little high. But only by 1 or 2. If Jarwin were the 2nd or 3rd option or more of the focus I think he would definitely top that. I just don't think with all these weapons that he will quite get there.

But if Dak throws for 35 TD's this year he could definitely hit that.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Its the 6 TD's that I think are a little high. But only by 1 or 2. If Jarwin were the 2nd or 3rd option or more of the focus I think he would definitely top that. I just don't think with all these weapons that he will quite get there.

But if Dak throws for 35 TD's this year he could definitely hit that.
Fair enough

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think we have a real shot to have 3 1000 yard receivers this year.
I’ve thought about that, but I really don’t think it will happen. Too many targets to spread the ball to, And I hope the Cowboys use them all. I think Dak is better when spreading the ball around.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I’ve thought about that, but I really don’t think it will happen. Too many targets to spread the ball to, And I hope the Cowboys use them all. I think Dak is better when spreading the ball around.

It would be nice to see the RB's get more yards. Pollard in particular.

Yah, and I think that Lamb is going to take receptions away from Gallup in particular. Especially if Lamb plays the majority in the slot. He is going to torch any safety, 3rd corner or Lber and I am sure Dak is going to figure that out real quick.

quickccc

Reaction score
i see Jarwin's stats as 42 catches - 460+ yds, 4 TDs and zero 100 yd games.

Unless it's a horrid rash on WR injuries and we have to go stronger to Jarwin, Blake is not gonna have a big number catch year.
He's not gonna be a big feature big number TE even in an offense that i think is gonna be more geared to
pass than run vs the old Garrett regime.
Mccarthy's TE's in his offense don't normally have big catch numbers in a season.

And i see Jarwin used more on misdirection roll outs, waggles, clear out drags underneaths and that occasional deep seam middle than a lot of single one on one beat DBs/LB in coverage per old Witten.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I see him having a Novacek like year...not a ton of target or catches but a lot of really big or important ones as, like our 90s teams, we have so many offensive weapons that Jarwin will get overlooked like Jay did. Trotting out Elliott, Pollard, Lamb, Gallup, and Cooper on third down....you already just forgot about Jarwin too when you read that....Just like every defense will.
There you go.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
I suspect there will be plays run for Jarwin with the receivers running routes to free up the hash marks and the middle of the field. What made Witten great was his ability to find the soft spot in the defense, then shield off any defender trying to crowd him.

If that skill set can be conveyed to Jarwin, and he can successfully implement it, Jarwin will be to Dak what Witten was to Romo, Novacek was to Aikman. Dump off, security blanket, check down. Call it what you like, but Jarwin could be a bigger part of this offense than people assume.

Plus, Jarwin has an ability more like Novacek in getting more yards after the catch.

Keep the pocket clean, and magic will ensue.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Lamb would have to have 800yds and 3tds to equal Cobb. I think Jarwin is a better down field threat than Witten but sucks at blocking. This offense last year wasn't as good as it numbers made it appear. They really struggled to move the ball in big games.
Oh look at you. Another backhanded jab at Dak. Lol. Not surprised at all. You realize this team quit on their head coach right?