What kind of TV do you have?

Galian Beast

Reaction score
And what AV equipment are you running? What service do you use to watch football?

TV - 65 inch LG OLED C8
AV Receiver - Sony 7.2 Channel STR-DN1080
Speakers - Sony Core Series Speakers: 2 Front Facing, 2 Surround, 2 Atmos Upfiring Speakers, 1 Center Speaker, 1 Subwoofer
Service(s) - YouTube TV, Amazon Prime Video (Thursday Night), HD Antenna

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I had a 55" Sony Bravia, but the movers smashed it. Given that I don't watch much TV, I just replaced it with a 55" LG for half the price.

I also have a 32" Samsung (in guest bedroom) and a 32" Vizio (my room)

I intend to either buy a 32" or a 40" TV for my office / hobby room. The guest TV used to be in my office.

GMO415

Reaction score
giphy.gif

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
75 inch Sharp in my den, 70 Samsung in the living room, 49 Sony in my bedroom and a couple of 32 inch Vizios in the spare bedrooms, my daughter took one of them to her dorm room. All stock, no bells and whistles. Direct TV.
I have another 32 inch with cable at my home on SPI. I want a bigger TV there, but since I hardly watch TV when I'm there, I guess there's no point.

GMO415

Reaction score
I work among some cerebral individuals. I noticed the higher the education, the smaller was the home TV. I wonder if there is any correlation?

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I work among some cerebral individuals. I noticed the higher the education, the smaller was the home TV. I wonder if there is any correlation?
Nope! My brothers and I all had the same TV growing up. Two of us are coaches, one has two masters and one PHD and the other has one masters two PHDs, speak several languages and has published 8 books. He is also a director of a prominent university in Rome. BTW, my IQ is higher than all of theirs and I currently have the biggest TV.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nope! My brothers and I all had the same TV growing up. Two of us are coaches, one has two masters and one PHD and the other has one masters two PHDs, speak several languages and has published 8 books. He is also a director of a prominent university in Rome. BTW, my IQ is higher than all of theirs and I currently have the biggest TV.
So you're compensating for something else? :D

Galian Beast

Reaction score
Have a decades old Yamaha rack stereo system that will still shake the walls. Maybe i'll use that. :laugh:

Guarantee it is better than the soundbar. Not being snobbish. I have a soundbar in my bedroom. It some situations they serve a purpose, but in general, you're just going to get better audio through a receiver and speakers.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Guarantee it is better than the soundbar. Not being snobbish. I have a soundbar in my bedroom. It some situations they serve a purpose, but in general, you're just going to get better audio through a receiver and speakers.

Thank you, will save my money then and pass on the soundbar.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
Thank you, will save my money then and pass on the soundbar.

No problem. I bought into the idea of getting a soundbar for my living room, but looking at things holistically, I realized it would have been a huge mistake. I went for a budget/quality 5.2.2 system. Very happy with it.

lukin2006

Reaction score
40" Samsung Smart TV
32" Sharp Smart TV

I after reading many of these posts, maybe I need bigger TVs...lol