What kinda rig do you drive?

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Yep, tires will kill mileage. What size tires and load range (if you know...i.e. C, E, et cetera)?

I've been doing alot of research on tires as I'm looking to replace the stock tires my 4Runner which are pure garbage.
I'm not sure off the top of my head but I can definitely look!

rags747

Reaction score
Consumer Reports great for vacuum cleaners and washing machines, pretty much acknowledged as the worst for cars unless a car is just an appliance to you.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Consumer Reports great for vacuum cleaners and washing machines, pretty much acknowledged as the worst for cars unless a car is just an appliance to you.

That graph looks pretty correct to me. Jeeps suck, Toyotas pretty good. Audi, BMW usually one of the better cars (though BMW has been having issues of late)

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
That graph looks pretty correct to me. Jeeps suck, Toyotas pretty good. Audi, BMW usually one of the better cars (though BMW has been having issues of late)
If I'm reading it correctly, the graph seems to just be an indication of the change in quality of each make, and not necessarily in comparison to the other vehicles.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
If I'm reading it correctly, the graph seems to just be an indication of the change in quality of each make, and not necessarily in comparison to the other vehicles.

It's a comparison of their entire line of cars each brand has as a whole. Their overall expected reliability, and customer satisfaction. That's why it says Genesis is #1. They only have two car models and have less to get wrong compared to Lexus and Audi which have six and eight different models.

I've driven lots of different cars in the same class as my Audi, but my last two cars have been Audi because I just like them overall so much better than my BMWs and Mercedes of the past.

I used to only drive trucks (Ford) when I lived in Texas (my ex-wife changed me to driving luxury cars) Though, I am having the urge to buy another truck to keep with my car. I'm leaning towards Tacoma as my friend had a Toyota truck that looked great and ran great. Though the current line of Tacoma trucks I find a bit ugly. :( Maybe a used one that had better looks is the better deal here.

John813

Reaction score
Taking a break from offroad trucks till the TRX/Ranger Raptor/Bronco? hit the market

2019 Ram Laramie
2015 Durango R/T(wife)

For now.

Had a Raptor prior to the Ram. With a busier schedule decided to sell the truck while the market is still high on the Gen 1s.

Xelda

Reaction score

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Taking a break from offroad trucks till the TRX/Ranger Raptor/Bronco? hit the market

2019 Ram Laramie
2015 Durango R/T(wife)

For now.

Had a Raptor prior to the Ram. With a busier schedule decided to sell the truck while the market is still high on the Gen 1s.

I love the Raptor's looks, (sexy as hell) but man that is just too much cash for a truck hah.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It's a comparison of their entire line of cars each brand has as a whole. Their overall expected reliability, and customer satisfaction. That's why it says Genesis is #1. They only have two car models and have less to get wrong compared to Lexus and Audi which have six and eight different models.

I've driven lots of different cars in the same class as my Audi, but my last two cars have been Audi because I just like them overall so much better than my BMWs and Mercedes of the past.

I used to only drive trucks (Ford) when I lived in Texas (my ex-wife changed me to driving luxury cars) Though, I am having the urge to buy another truck to keep with my car. I'm leaning towards Tacoma as my friend had a Toyota truck that looked great and ran great. Though the current line of Tacoma trucks I find a bit ugly. :( Maybe a used one that had better looks is the better deal here.
Okay, I feel like an idiot now. The lines indicate each brand's quality as compared to its own previous rating, but the brand names show the overall quality of each brand in descending order.
I think what threw me off was seeing Jaguar and Land Rover near the bottom of the list. I would've expected them to be ranked higher, considering the price tags.

bornafan1981

Reaction score
Okay, I feel like an idiot now. The lines indicate each brand's quality as compared to its own previous rating, but the brand names show the overall quality of each brand in descending order.
I think what threw me off was seeing Jaguar and Land Rover near the bottom of the list. I would've expected them to be ranked higher, considering the price tags.

Rover and Jag, have a history of unreliability. Rover more with the models imported to the US, but Jag everywhere. Add in the expensive parts, maintenance and repairs.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Rover and Jag, have a history of unreliability. Rover more with the models imported to the US, but Jag everywhere. Add in the expensive parts, maintenance and repairs.
Yeah, I've had two Rovers. The first one had a lot of electrical issues. (I bought it used as a work vehicle) The second one was just a lease and luckily, I didn't have any real troubles with it before the three years ended.

I avoid Jags at all cost.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I've never had the money to care enough about either's reliability enough to look into it. lol I just always assumed they were quality vehicles, judging by the hype. If I ever do have the money to get whatever I want, I'll be sure to do research. :)

bornafan1981

Reaction score
Yeah, I've had two Rovers. The first one had a lot of electrical issues. (I bought it used as a work vehicle) The second one was just a lease and luckily, I didn't have any real troubles with it before the three years ended.

I avoid Jags at all cost.
My aunt had a Range Rover for around 2 years. I remember it got to the point where she stopped driving it, and eventually replaced it with a Honda Accord Crosstour and an Infiniti G car.

My buddy (ex Volvo master mechanic) had a saying "You know how to say Alfa Romeo in English? Jaguar"

rags747

Reaction score
My aunt had a Range Rover for around 2 years. I remember it got to the point where she stopped driving it, and eventually replaced it with a Honda Accord Crosstour and an Infiniti G car.

My buddy (ex Volvo master mechanic) had a saying "You know how to say Alfa Romeo in English? Jaguar"
And tell your buddy that how you say Volvo in English is "Vehicles Only Loved by Bagina Owners", I guess that's why he left?

rags747

Reaction score

2019 Ram Laramie
2015 Durango R/T(wife)

For now.

Love the new 2019 RAM, did u do the 12" screen? Thinking of doing a Durango RT for my wife once her current lease is up in Jan, great car for long distance cruising between Sarasota and NY. If for me I would do the 392 but I know she would not be able to tolerate the gas. You happy with the Durango overall?

bornafan1981

Reaction score
And tell your buddy that how you say Volvo in English is "Vehicles Only Loved by Bagina Owners", I guess that's why he left?
No. He went to and learned some IT stuff, and has been doing that the last 10+ years. Better pay, less human interaction.

He still does auto work on the side.

John813

Reaction score
Love the new 2019 RAM, did u do the 12" screen? Thinking of doing a Durango RT for my wife once her current lease is up in Jan, great car for long distance cruising between Sarasota and NY. If for me I would do the 392 but I know she would not be able to tolerate the gas. You happy with the Durango overall?

At first I wanted it, but when adding up the options to get it, I just decided to skip on it. Which may of been a good thing in hindsight as quite a few 19's are having glitches with the screen. Sort of wanted to keep the overall cost of this truck lower to be able to get another fun vehicle(3rd vehicle) sooner. Hope to keep it long term as a DD.

The R/T is a nice SUV. Wife had a Explorer Sport before it but it was plagued with some issues from interior to a bad head which marked the end of it's stay in our household.

Overall, very happy with the truck. Can get good gas mileage at 80mph(20-23mpg) and isn't a slouch city driving. Gives us plenty of space for a growing family too.
Those 392's are badass, but they love to suck gas. Fathers 392 Jeep I think maybe got 13/14mpg mixed.