What Makes Anyone Think Dak is Worth More Than Cousins?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Well we can’t win with him either, so that argument is flushed down the toilet. KJJ and AC will forever go down with a sinking ship. They can’t come to terms with the fact that Dak just isn’t it, matter of fact we have a good w-l when he’s not at QB and we have a healthy team. Can’t bring Redcaroet into it bc he had no line, no wide receivers, etc. dak wouldn’t have won with Daltons team, he couldn’t win with his oline when it was healthy before he got hurt. So the only truth is watching his backup lead a team to wins when he got his boo-boo on his thumb.
Based on what Dak has done over his career I like our chances of winning a SB with him than with a QB that’s currently available. I don’t like the available options out there. Dak has played exceptionally well when the team steps up around him.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Cousins is getting 45 million a year with his new contract in Atlanta.

His average season with Minnesota was 30 TDs and 10 INTs.

Daks average season is 28 TDs and 10 INTs.

At the time of his injury last season Cousins was on pace for 38 TDs, 11 INTs, and 4,950 yards.

Thats 500 more yards, 2 more TDs, and only 2 more INTs than Daks runner up MVP season.

Through the first 8 games for Dak, before Cousins injury, Dak had 2,011 yards, 13 TDs, and 5 INTs while Cousins had 2,331 yards, 18 TDs, and 5 INTs.

Is it the injury? Age? Big whoop.Cousins will be his consistent self next year just like he always is while who knows what we’re going to get from Dak with the drama and roster shakeup hovering around.

Both guys do nothing in the playoffs, so that’s pointless to argue.

Basically, there is no universe where Dak should be making over 15 million a year more than Cousins, who has always been the better and more consistent QB between the two.
I would say, due to age, that Dak probably is worth a couple of million more than Cousins, so we are looking at maybe $48 with $50 being tops.

I would offer Dak $50 a year and promise him that I would use the savings on free agents to upgrade the team around him, not go on vacation when free agency starts.

He might be willing to do this if you put the free agent upgrades in writing.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Cousins is 35 years old, while Dak is 30 years old. Nevertheless, I've always felt Cousins is the more accurate one of the two. It's simply that Dak's advantage, moneywise, is that the Cowboys' FO has never been good at negotiating contracts. Hence, Dak gets paid significantly more. Jerry and Stephen will continue to struggle with contractual bargaining as long as they're in charge, and the NFL salary cap exists. Too bad, but it's just true!

Last edited:

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Based on what Dak has done over his career I like our chances of winning a SB with him than with a QB that’s currently available. I don’t like the available options out there. Dak has played exceptionally well when the team steps up around him.
Translation: When the TEAM carries the Dakster.....................

Pola_pe_a

Reaction score
1They both aren't elite, but what shows Cousins is better? Dak was a starter his whole career, Cousins couldn't even beat out RG3 in the beginning.... Cousins was drafted in the 2nd round, Dak was drafted in the 4th round.....
This is a dumb take, RG3 was a top 10 pick. Go ahead and name any 2nd round QB that starts ahead of a top 10 pick when they are drafted in the same year. Never happened and never will.

Cousins is a bit better statistically but both piss down their legs in big games.

Cowboy-33

Reaction score
Is it possible to put a limit on how many “I hate Dak” threads someone can start in a week/day / HOUR ?

GINeric

Reaction score
This is a dumb take, RG3 was a top 10 pick. Go ahead and name any 2nd round QB that starts ahead of a top 10 pick when they are drafted in the same year. Never happened and never will.

Cousins is a bit better statistically but both piss down their legs in big games.

I showed the statistics that support Dak being better. Apparently you ignored them.

RoboQB

Reaction score
I defer to Amari Cooper's opinion on the topic.
I bet Cousins would've beat GB though.

GINeric

Reaction score
Cousins is a bit better statistically.

1. Dak is 73 - 41 as a starter.

Cousins is 76 - 67 - 2.

2. Dak is 28 - 34 vs winning teams. Not great, but.....

Cousins is 14 - 43.

3. Dak is 5 - 1 vs Cousins head to head.

Dak has won 2 playoff games, Cousins has won 1.

So your statement about Cousins being "statistically better than Dak" is based off of what??? Your emotions? Your feelings? Well none of those things lineup to real life facts that I presented you with.

As a matter of fact, the only stat Cousins lead Dak in is interceptions.

So before I assume you're just trolling and lying... can you please explain to the good people what stats you were referring to when claiming Cousins is better than Dak?

I'll wait.....

RonWashington

Reaction score
The Falcons were mediocre with Smith as HC three straight 7 win seasons so they go out and hire Cousins . At this stage of each career Fields would have been better option . What’s the fascination with Kirk Cousins ?

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
One guy has won big games against good defenses.
One guy has not....ever.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Wow, lots of misinformation going on in this thread

Kurt Cousins is not statistically better than Dak as one poster has presented the actual numbers.
Kurt Cousins does not have a better playoff record than Dak, in fact Dak has won twice as many playoff games as Cousins has.
Kurt Cousins has won big games and Dak never has........how exactly can this be if Dak has twice as many playoff wins, playoff games are not big games?

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: