What makes this place great

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Like so many of you fellow Cowboys fans, I choose to spend several hours a week tossing out my opinions on my favorite team. I really do love this forum we have- It’s fun and interesting and entertaining.

What makes this place great IMO and what keeps me here even when I’m frustrated with how my favorite team is being run- is all the great fans I’ve gotten to know here. It’s like an extended family. I have developed some real friendships with some really great people. Several that I disagree with often! :)

I really do appreciate all our fans who care enough about the Cowboys to write an opinion about them here. This place was never invented to be some kind of country club where we all agree. It’s an opinion forum. And I’m grateful for the variety of opinions served up hot and fresh every day. It’s what makes this place work.

Many years ago I stopped letting the Cowboys’ results in any way affect my happiness or enjoyment. I'm a father, grandfather and cancer survivor who enjoys every day with sincere gratitude. And this forum and the people who show up here and contribute are what makes it tick.

It’s the off-season and so far it hasn’t been a good one. But for me this forum and the great people who show up here keep it fun.

Here an off-season tip of the cap and raise of the glass to all my fellow Cowboys Zone fans who make this place great. Cheers.
I appreciate the shout out G

bigE79

Reaction score
Like so many of you fellow Cowboys fans, I choose to spend several hours a week tossing out my opinions on my favorite team. I really do love this forum we have- It’s fun and interesting and entertaining.

What makes this place great IMO and what keeps me here even when I’m frustrated with how my favorite team is being run- is all the great fans I’ve gotten to know here. It’s like an extended family. I have developed some real friendships with some really great people. Several that I disagree with often! :)

I really do appreciate all our fans who care enough about the Cowboys to write an opinion about them here. This place was never invented to be some kind of country club where we all agree. It’s an opinion forum. And I’m grateful for the variety of opinions served up hot and fresh every day. It’s what makes this place work.

Many years ago I stopped letting the Cowboys’ results in any way affect my happiness or enjoyment. I'm a father, grandfather and cancer survivor who enjoys every day with sincere gratitude. And this forum and the people who show up here and contribute are what makes it tick.

It’s the off-season and so far it hasn’t been a good one. But for me this forum and the great people who show up here keep it fun.

Here an off-season tip of the cap and raise of the glass to all my fellow Cowboys Zone fans who make this place great. Cheers.
Same to you bullet..Cheers.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Touche BH, there are no wrong opinions, opinions are just that. Free speech is what makes this forum great. Everyone has a right to what they think. So a little banter is not going to change anyone's mind here. Yeah, it can get out of hand and personal to some, so the advice is not to take it personal. And yes, don't make the Cowboys your cornerstone for happiness. Especially with this FO.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm here for the likes. Otherwise I'd have no use for you people.
gt4FnF4.gif

:D

Coogiguy03

Reaction score

People like you my friend and several others, ok even those that say I whine too much it's all good. At the end of the day we love our cowboys, even if the love doesn't seem reciprocated!

kskboys

Reaction score
I wonder what the "there's still the draft" crew is gonna say after the draft.

I mean, what are they expecting to happen thats going to turn things dramatically?

I guess they expect another Parsons miracle. Not reasonable. Even so, the rest of it would need to be miles better than last years was to this point.

Just saying....can't at all realistically expect a rookie class to make that much of an impact in year one.
I expect to lose this season. And I'm OK w/ that as long as the plan is for 23 and 24. What I don't want is to give up major resources trying to fix this thing in one offseason.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I expect to lose this season. And I'm OK w/ that as long as the plan is for 23 and 24. What I don't want is to give up major resources trying to fix this thing in one offseason.
I see your point, but I'm not ok with losing to build for the future. Coaches and players jobs are on the line.

morasp

Reaction score
It's worth noting that DLaw was a second and third round pick. It would be so easy to go back and find good players we could have picked in round 2 instead of the ones we ended up with. They don't invest in FA so they really should put more effort into drafting better.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Do any of you guys remember , from the old defunct site...the guy that used to make us highlight videos? Um...decleater? I still have many of those vids and they are very well done. THAT...is being a productive, positive member of the group.

HERE? We have people making up lies about our players thinking it makes them super in-the-know and better fans than the rest of us.

I don't want to focus on that, but it does make it less enjoyable.

JBond

Reaction score

Now you made me remember how old I am and how many great people I have met. From AOL/Compuserve days and the various forums to today's modern well run site. Lot's of great people.

eromeopolk

Reaction score

Aw you just love those like buttons :clap:You had me at Bobhaze.