What must Garrett do to get fired?

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
I know this is probably more wishing on my part than anything but I think Jerry would consider it with more heat. He has admitted in the past that he reads and hears the criticism. He off the cuff acknowledged JG was a "coach in training" and that he "better get something out of it" in the past. So I think if this season goes south he might not do it this year but he would look at next year as a big one. As crazy as Jerry is, he can only be patient for so long while getting passed by coaches like the Rams have. The realist in me though thinks he'd can coordinators first before JG. And I think JG would be the first to throw them under the bus

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So this team was "giving effort" when they got embarrassed by 30-0 in the second half last night?

What would the score have been if "they quit" lol, 60-0?

Fact is that apologists like you will always find excuses to explain away garretts and Jerrys incompetence just like you have for the last 10 years

I just answered NorthwestDallas40's serious question. Yes, I think we got beat badly in the second half because we were not very talented with the current starters and they wore down against a better, deeper team and not because the players 'gave up on the coach.' How that qualifies me as an 'apologist' in your head, I don't know or care.

But I explained what I consider to be the signs of giving up on a coach and that we haven't seen them. If you disagree, feel free to have an opinion instead of trying to be the forum vulture and bottom feeding when you think it's safe to come out and feed.

visionary

Reaction score
I just answered NorthwestDallas40's serious question. Yes, I think we got beat badly in the second half because we were not very talented with the current starters and they wore down against a better, deeper team and not because the players 'gave up on the coach.' How that qualifies me as an 'apologist' in your head, I don't know or care.

But I explained what I consider to be the signs of giving up on a coach and that we haven't seen them. If you disagree, feel free to have an opinion instead of trying to be the forum vulture and bottom feeding when you think it's safe to come out and feed.

Just so everyone undertegere you're coming from, the cowboys team that got beat 30-0 in the second half was "giving effort"

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Serious question. Not another Garrett SHOULD be fired thread. Want to know what people think on what WOULD cause Jerry to fire him and the staff.

Clearly, another 8-8 season is not going to be enough. Garrett has a built-in excuse: Zeke situation was such a distraction, and then losing him, Lee, Tyron at the same time, was too much.

But I think if the team quits again like it did last night, in one or more games, maybe that's enough for Jerry to see that Garrett has lost the team. Not going to root for the team to quit, but I would not be disappointed if it happened and Garrett was fired as a result.

I dont think Garrett can get fired this year. But for it to happen I think a few more home games where we get blown out and the team quits again. Maybe going 2-4 down the stretch and the team quitting?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
So this team was "giving effort" when they got embarrassed by 30-0 in the second half last night?

What would the score have been if "they quit" lol, 60-0?

Fact is that apologists like you will always find excuses to explain away garretts and Jerrys incompetence just like you have for the last 10 years
:flagwave::thumbup::clap::clap::clap::yourock::dance:

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just so everyone undertegere you're coming from, the cowboys team that got beat 30-0 in the second half was "giving effort"

My post was pretty clear. How 'bout you let me clarify for people if I ever think they're too stupid to get it the first time and you just do you. Or don't do you and instead try to offer something of value on a topic?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Without actually doing it, you are apologizing for Garrett. You blame EVERYONE and EVERYTHING BUT Garrett. Garrett sucks. Just admit it and maybe you can salvage your reputation. Continue to champion him as the next great coach and you risk not being taken serious around here for many years to com.

visionary

Reaction score
Without actually doing it, you are apologizing for Garrett. You blame EVERYONE and EVERYTHING BUT Garrett. Garrett sucks. Just admit it and maybe you can salvage your reputation. Continue to champion him as the next great coach and you risk not being taken serious around here for many years to com.

He'll never do it
We can go winless from here and he will find something else to blame other than Jerry or Garrett

Qbert

Reaction score
Maybe by losing out with a lot of 2nd half collapses

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
He could go on TV in a red spedo covered in red body paint and holding a USSR flag and say, "Jerry Jones is an evil cappy pig exploiting the proletariat. Long live communism!" That would get him fired. Other than that, three straight one and 15 seasons might do it.

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If 2018 results in anything but winning the division, then that may be the end of him. That or Garrett throws Rod under the bus....giving himself an extra year or two.

vaturkey

Reaction score
If the team quits and if players start complaining directly to Jerry or Stephen that they have lost all confidence in Jason. That would do it IMO. IMO we have a problem with scheme and talent. Talent is key. Scheme can offset a lack of talent. Truly, how many Cowboys would be starting on Philly or the Patriots or the Vikings right now?