What Now? With Peterson Off The Market.

bobbie brewskie

Reaction score
what do yall think we are gonna do with the SOLB Spot now that Peterson is off the market, or since we may move ware over what are we gonna do at WOLB?
This atleast makes us be able to (in order of importance):
1. Sign a kicker (Josh Brown)
2. Sign Coleman (FS HELP)
3. Address this position with a OLB from the draft (Carpenter, Lawson . . .)
3. Sign Our Picks (3 mil)
4. Re-Sign Franchise guys
5. Take a look at a backup QB without being to conservative
6. Lavar Arrington (not happening but i felt like adding it)

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
With Peterson off the market I guess we will have to go after the big talent and get:

Rocky Boiman :D

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
bobbie brewskie said:
what do yall think we are gonna do with the SOLB Spot now that Peterson is off the market, or since we may move ware over what are we gonna do at WOLB?
This atleast makes us be able to (in order of importance):
1. Sign a kicker (Josh Brown)
2. Sign Coleman (FS HELP)
3. Address this position with a OLB from the draft (Carpenter, Lawson . . .)
3. Sign Our Picks (3 mil)
4. Re-Sign Franchise guys
5. Take a look at a backup QB without being to conservative
6. Lavar Arrington (not happening but i felt like adding it)
I would like to get a high second round pick now so that I can move down and draft OLBs Carpenter/Lawson and FS Jason Allen. Followed by OTs Colledge or Whitworth

ddh33

Reaction score
I'm not that sure that Peterson was a huge target for Dallas. I got the feeling that he was more of a luxury the team would take if they could.

I still think that Dallas will get a veteran kicker, and my hunch is that it's someone who isn't available right now or the team would have already struck. With that in mind, I would keep an eye on Mare.

I also could see Dallas bringing in Marcus Coleman to help man the FS spot.

If you can do that, then you have the ability to do about anything you want in the draft.

50cent

Reaction score
Cowboy_love_4ever said:
I would like to get a high second round pick now so that I can move down and draft OLBs Carpenter/Lawson and FS Jason Allen. Followed by OTs Colledge or Whitworth
With the Boys asking Ware to add on weight, I truly think that the Boys plan to make a run at Lawson now. I think Ware is moved to the other side to take advantage of his pass rush against a weaker talent, plus his ability to hold up vs. the run. Thus making the other LB a more passind OLB, ie Lawson.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
50cent said:
With the Boys asking Ware to add on weight, I truly think that the Boys plan to make a run at Lawson now. I think Ware is moved to the other side to take advantage of his pass rush against a weaker talent, plus his ability to hold up vs. the run. Thus making the other LB a more passind OLB, ie Lawson.
That's a good analogy, I never thought of that. You may be on to something...

50cent

Reaction score
Cowboy_love_4ever said:
That's a good analogy, I never thought of that. You may be on to something...
Its almost obvious, but nothing is truly obvious with JJ.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Sorry, but moving Ware to the other side would be incredibly stupid.

He's not going anywhere.

50cent

Reaction score
Rack said:
Sorry, but moving Ware to the other side would be incredibly stupid.

He's not going anywhere.
Why else would they ask him to get his weight up to 260?

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
50cent said:
Why else would they ask him to get his weight up to 260?

To hold up against the run.

It doesn't mean "to hold up against the run on the strong side".

His run defense already needs work. And he's playing the weak side.

I swear, you people like making mountains out of molehills. If Parcells told Bledsoe to lose 10 lbs does that mean he wants him to move to WR?

If Parcells asks JuJo to put on 5-10 lbs does that mean he wants to move him to FB?

He asked Petitti to lose a lot of weight last year, yet Parcells didn't move him to TE.

50cent

Reaction score
Rack said:
To hold up against the run.

It doesn't mean "to hold up against the run on the strong side".

His run defense already needs work. And he's playing the weak side.

I swear, you people like making mountains out of molehills. If Parcells told Bledsoe to lose 10 lbs does that mean he wants him to move to WR?

If Parcells asks JuJo to put on 5-10 lbs does that mean he wants to move him to FB?

He asked Petitti to lose a lot of weight last year, yet Parcells didn't move him to TE.
So basically, you ask your speed rusher to add on 10-15 pound and slow him down to hold up against the run, the same run he held up against pretty damn good last year at 250. Yeah makes total sense to me.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
50cent said:
So basically, you ask your speed rusher to add on 10-15 pound and slow him down to hold up against the run, the same run he held up against pretty damn good last year at 250. Yeah makes total sense to me.

he wont lose his speed adding 10 pounds. and "pretty damn good" looked pretty damn average against the run most of the time

50cent

Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
he wont lose his speed adding 10 pounds. and "pretty damn good" looked pretty damn average against the run most of the time
I don't recall one single game last year, where Wares run ability came into question. I also don't recall Ware being the sole person responsible for any long runs to his side, not to mention one. If that is pretty average, I apologize.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
50cent said:

:rolleyes:

Exhaggeration much?

Ware has the frame to add 10 lbs w/o losing quickness. And he didn't hold up against the run as well as you believe. He did ok, but with 10 lbs of muscle he could potentially do much better and w/o losing quickness and speed.

50cent

Reaction score
Rack said:
:rolleyes:

Exhaggeration much?

Ware has the frame to add 10 lbs w/o losing quickness. And he didn't hold up against the run as well as you believe. He did ok, but with 10 lbs of muscle he could potentially do much better and w/o losing quickness and speed.
Again, please name to me which team just abused Ware run stopping ability that makes people say he is average in that part of his game.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
50cent said:
I don't recall one single game last year, where Wares run ability came into question. I also don't recall Ware being the sole person responsible for any long runs to his side, not to mention one. If that is pretty average, I apologize.

Then you weren't watching very closely.

He did give up some long runs. Hell, I remember someone posting a video of it here (it was also partially Canty's fault, but more Ware's fault).

Look, we get it. You REALLY want Lawson. But trying to make yourself (and others) believe that they asked ware to gain weight so they can move him to the other side so they can draft Lawson is ridiculous.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
50cent said:
Again, please name to me which team just abused Ware run stopping ability that makes people say he is average in that part of his game.

I don't have to. The proof is in the pudding. Watch the games.

I'm not saying he did terrible, so don't even go down that road.

He can do better against the run then he did. Plus, adding 10 lbs of muscle (along with more strength) w/o losing his speed/quickness would only help his PASS RUSH as well.

I'm not saying we won't draft Lawson. But we sure as hell aren't moving Ware to the strong side (as of right now) just so we can draft Lawson. If they happen to end up drafting Lawson, they might THEN toy with the idea, but they sure as hell aren't making those plans now. The adding 10lbs thing has NOTHING to do with Lawson. PERIOD.

50cent

Reaction score
Rack said:
Then you weren't watching very closely.

He did give up some long runs. Hell, I remember someone posting a video of it here (it was also partially Canty's fault, but more Ware's fault).

Look, we get it. You REALLY want Lawson. But trying to make yourself (and others) believe that they asked ware to gain weight so they can move him to the other side so they can draft Lawson is ridiculous.
If you get it, then you would know I was on the Carpenter bandwagon to play the SOLB with Ware. Although reading many of your post, I realize your more interested in sounding right than trying to actually being right. Also, if you can only recall one run that was partly his fault and call that average, then your right. Although, I consider body slamming RBs in the backfield pretty stout.