What Now? With Peterson Off The Market.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
50cent said:
Singletons size was the main reason we traded for Fujita, who was listed at 250. BP stated that he wanted to get bigger over there. Now that we have lost Fujita, we would be going backwards in size if we can't get Carpenter and that not a guarantee that he will be there for us to add. My point is that by bulking up Ware (who, IMO was above avg. vs. run) it covers our azz in case we can't get a bigger OLB via draft or FA. Now if you sit here and tell me that Fujita, Singleton, Burnett were head and shoulders better than Ware in the run, then I think your crazy. On that note, we were still a top 5 defense with a sub par SOLB core vs. the run. Ware absolutely improves our run defense over any of them on the strong side.

We were 15th against the run. Not "top 5".

And, No, Ware does not improve our defense over any of them on the strong side.

Please name that member of the Dallas Cowboys that compliments Ware skills on the strong side that is head and shoulders better in the run than Ware.

You still don't get it.

Hey, in all likelihood (sp?) Larry Allen would of been a better RT last year then Petitti. Why didn't we move him there?

Before I even bother continuing any "Debate" with you, are you even capable of admitting you're wrong? Are you just another Nors? Cuz if all you're gonna do is side step every bit of evidence put before you and continue fighting your losing battles, then debating with you is pointless.

THere's been more then enough evidence put forth in this thread for you to at least admit the POSSIBILITY that you're wrong about why they've asked Ware to put on 10 lbs, but you haven't even come close to saying you might be wrong.

I don't like wasting my time "arguing" with someone that isn't man enough to admit when he's wrong.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
The defense wasn't top 5 in anything, I don't think.

I think Ware could play strong side....but I don't think he will since BP spent all last season lamenting the fact that he didn't know what he was doing at that position and wait until he did. Why move him again?

The team will likely look at two OLBs in the draft. One early and one later. Need depth and I'm not counting on Kalen Thornton at this point.

Should be able to get one of Carpenter, Wimbley, Lawson in 1 or Mark Anderson in 2.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ddh33 said:
I'm not that sure that Peterson was a huge target for Dallas. I got the feeling that he was more of a luxury the team would take if they could.

I still think that Dallas will get a veteran kicker, and my hunch is that it's someone who isn't available right now or the team would have already struck. With that in mind, I would keep an eye on Mare.

I also could see Dallas bringing in Marcus Coleman to help man the FS spot.

If you can do that, then you have the ability to do about anything you want in the draft.

He wasn't a huge target.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
50cent said:
P.S. - As of right now, our best starting LBs would be

SOLB- Ware
ILB - Ayodele
ILB - James
WOLB - Thornton

Singleton would start over Thornton.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
ddh33 said:
I'm not that sure that Peterson was a huge target for Dallas. I got the feeling that he was more of a luxury the team would take if they could.

I still think that Dallas will get a veteran kicker, and my hunch is that it's someone who isn't available right now or the team would have already struck. With that in mind, I would keep an eye on Mare.

I also could see Dallas bringing in Marcus Coleman to help man the FS spot.

If you can do that, then you have the ability to do about anything you want in the draft.

Absolutely, only if he came at a bargain.....which obviously, did not happen

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
bobbie brewskie said:
what do yall think we are gonna do with the SOLB Spot now that Peterson is off the market, or since we may move ware over what are we gonna do at WOLB?
This atleast makes us be able to (in order of importance):
1. Sign a kicker (Josh Brown)
2. Sign Coleman (FS HELP)
3. Address this position with a OLB from the draft (Carpenter, Lawson . . .)
3. Sign Our Picks (3 mil)
4. Re-Sign Franchise guys
5. Take a look at a backup QB without being to conservative
6. Lavar Arrington (not happening but i felt like adding it)

I'll tell you what's next either sign Lavar Arrington the last of the OLB's or just simply draft Manny Lawson....

Natedawg44

Reaction score
50cent said:
Please name that member of the Dallas Cowboys that compliments Ware skills on the strong side that is head and shoulders better in the run than Ware.
Akin Ayodele

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
i'd think it might go like this

1. Kicker-- pretty clear imho that now we are waiting out olindo mare and prefer him to vanderjagt. Vinatieri just wants too much jack apparently and may end up back in NE after seeing they offer as much as anyone. 1.5 mil

2. Coleman. He's a friend of Aaron Glenn, a local kid and a good starting candidate if we dont get a safety high int he draft. He'd be a bottom half of the league starting free safety who was mediocre at best last season but all the Texans were mediocre last season except perhaps the young CB. 1 mil

3. Draftees signed. 3 mil

4. Good cap deal if it comes. Dallas is ready for a Lavar or Peterson(provided SEA hadnt banned him) or Keyshawn back or whoever once money dries up and a good player is out there looking for work. 2 mil

5. Saved cap space in the 1 mil area for in season moves. 1 mil

6. In season renegotiation/extension with guys like Witten/RW. 3 mil.

bobbie brewskie

Reaction score
jterrell said:
i'd think it might go like this

1. Kicker-- pretty clear imho that now we are waiting out olindo mare and prefer him to vanderjagt. Vinatieri just wants too much jack apparently and may end up back in NE after seeing they offer as much as anyone. 1.5 mil

2. Coleman. He's a friend of Aaron Glenn, a local kid and a good starting candidate if we dont get a safety high int he draft. He'd be a bottom half of the league starting free safety who was mediocre at best last season but all the Texans were mediocre last season except perhaps the young CB. 1 mil

3. Draftees signed. 3 mil

4. Good cap deal if it comes. Dallas is ready for a Lavar or Peterson(provided SEA hadnt banned him) or Keyshawn back or whoever once money dries up and a good player is out there looking for work. 2 mil

5. Saved cap space in the 1 mil area for in season moves. 1 mil

6. In season renegotiation/extension with guys like Witten/RW. 3 mil.

1. Mare is a good option as he has Rosenhaugh (SP?) and we have already talked to him about Mare being cut/or not. fall back option on this is Brown IMO because Vandy will demand to much or already be gone before the end of the week.

2. Coleman to me seems like a obvious signing, but for some reason there is no talk about him having a scheduled visit with us. but remember we signed glenn in late april last year so we got a month before its to late. He will be a good veteran addition and Keith Davis will become a better Special teamer this way.

3. Yes.

4. im thinking Lavar will cost us 3-4 mil if he comes this way at all. (re-lease of allen covers this cost)

5. yes.

6. i think it may be more than 3 mil if we are talking James, Witten and Roy. here, Tnewman has his 3 years left, but we may re-work his contract 2.